Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fairview @ Lexington Christian Academy

Who wins? 35 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Fairview
      17%
    • Lexington Christian Academy
      82%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I believe they are ranked higher then LCA in all the polls, and they have beaten all the common opponents by more points then LCA beat them. Just saying.

 

Don't want to get in the business of comparing scores but you should check the Nicholas County scores out. And Nicholas got two gifts to start the game with a fumble inside LCA's 20 and a pick six within the first 5 minutes of the game. LCA also let the clock run out with the ball on the 2 yard line when getting ready to score again.

 

Also in regards to aggressiveness, LCA plays a different style on defense than Fairview. Fairview plays man and pressures, LCA plays zone. I was at the Raceland and LCA game and from the view from the stands it looked like to me LCA left 21 points on the field. Im just saying, Fairview is probably better than years past and LCA, of course, is down some from last year but the game is at LCA. The polls may have Fairview ranked hiigher, but the power rankings don't and those take into account the schedules the teams have played. I think I will make the drive to attend this game. If LCA jumps out to a big lead I am wondering how the hired soldiers will respond? Heard when the game got tight with Nicholas Fairview coaches had to break up scuffles between their own players, is this true?

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to get in the business of comparing scores but you should check the Nicholas County scores out. And Nicholas got two gifts to start the game with a fumble inside LCA's 20 and a pick six within the first 5 minutes of the game. LCA also let the clock run out with the ball on the 2 yard line when getting ready to score again.

 

Also in regards to aggressiveness, LCA plays a different style on defense than Fairview. Fairview plays man and pressures, LCA plays zone. I was at the Raceland and LCA game and from the view from the stands it looked like to me LCA left 21 points on the field. I'm just saying, Fairview is probably better than years past and LCA, of course, is down some from last year but the game is at LCA. The polls may have Fairview ranked higher, but the power rankings don't and those take into account the schedules the teams have played. I think I will make the drive to attend this game. If LCA jumps out to a big lead I am wondering how the hired soldiers will respond? Heard when the game got tight with Nicholas Fairview coaches had to break up scuffles between their own players, is this true?

 

This is all academic, but, left 21 on the field? The same could be said about LCA, as you said about Nicholas. Raceland gave LCA 24 points off turnovers. Raceland was close with Fairview in the fourth quarter, but still got beat. I'm just saying that most people would say that Fairview was the favorite. By all means, go and beat them. I'm all for it. And I would say you are correct in your assumption, get up on them early and that will be their downfall.

Fair enough, I just wanted to bring to your attention that LCA beat Nicholas by 21 and Fairview beat them by 8. That is one common opponent that Fairview didn't beat by more. LCA defeated Paris 55-7 and Fairview beat them by a score of 49-0, so that is a wash. The Raceland games, from the way you describe them were very similar, except Raceland had some costly 4th quarter mistakes against Fairview that allowed for the bigger winning margin. It should be a good game this Friday, and I look forward to watching it.

 

Good Luck with Russell.

Not to compare games. Especially the Paris game! But Fairview was up on Paris 49 - 0 at halftime!! Fairview must have subbed heavily.. Because thats how it ended!!

 

 

I'm having a rough time voting because in my heart I think I know who is going to win this game. And I really don't want to push the button for that school!!

Not to compare games. Especially the Paris game! But Fairview was up on Paris 49 - 0 at halftime!! Fairview must have subbed heavily.. Because thats how it ended!!

 

 

I'm having a rough time voting because in my heart I think I know who is going to win this game. And I really don't want to push the button for that school!!

 

LCA was up 48 nothing at half against Paris and did the same. LCA backups scored and LCA backups gave up a kickoff return for TD, like i said the Paris game is a wash, no matter the score. I just think we should make sure we have both sides of the story before people start crowning Fairview as favorites based off of scores. We all know comparing scores is fine for fans but if teams and coaches do it will put them in a bad situation.

LCA was up 48 nothing at half against Paris and did the same. LCA backups scored and LCA backups gave up a kickoff return for TD, like i said the Paris game is a wash, no matter the score. I just think we should make sure we have both sides of the story before people start crowning Fairview as favorites based off of scores. We all know comparing scores is fine for fans but if teams and coaches do it will put them in a bad situation.

 

Believe me PAPA PIGSKIN I don't want to crown West Huntington Fairview High School for anything!!! I would love to see LCA win this game. But we have played both teams. And I feel like LCA can win this game but they better be ready for a very hard fought physical game.. I hope that LCA jumps out on top just like LCA did to the RAMS. It hasn't happened to WHFHS this year. We let them jump on us early and we couldn't recover. It let the WHFHS kids get up and played at a very high level the first half. LCA can't let this happen. Hope WHFHS has a safe trip to and from Lexington friday!! Would love to see LCA go out as district champs before leaving for class 2A.

For what t is worth...Massey predicts LCA to win 32-22 and Massey has LCA rated #72 and Fairview at #102; Schedule strengths of LCA 115 and FV 199...

 

Also, Massey predicted LCA over Raceland last week by 38-22 score and it was 38-26...hopefully Massey is correct again this week! :)

For what t is worth...Massey predicts LCA to win 32-22 and Massey has LCA rated #72 and Fairview at #102; Schedule strengths of LCA 115 and FV 199...

 

Also, Massey predicted LCA over Raceland last week by 38-22 score and it was 38-26...hopefully Massey is correct again this week! :)

 

Massey? Who is he? You know the old saying about a blind squirrel. I think Fairview rides out west like the Wild Bunch and brings home the gold. Good luck to both teams this should be a good tough football game.

Fair enough, I just wanted to bring to your attention that LCA beat Nicholas by 21 and Fairview beat them by 8. That is one common opponent that Fairview didn't beat by more. LCA defeated Paris 55-7 and Fairview beat them by a score of 49-0, so that is a wash. The Raceland games, from the way you describe them were very similar, except Raceland had some costly 4th quarter mistakes against Fairview that allowed for the bigger winning margin. It should be a good game this Friday, and I look forward to watching it.

 

Good Luck with Russell.

 

Thanks for the well wishes, we will have our hands full. But, I do expect this LCA/Fairview game to be a great game. I would love to see, I think the teams match up well, and will really test each other. Should be a great game.

Massey? Who is he? You know the old saying about a blind squirrel. I think Fairview rides out west like the Wild Bunch and brings home the gold. Good luck to both teams this should be a good tough football game.

 

Here is a link to the Massey ratings: http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/state/Kentucky/Football/Varsity/Boys/2010/

 

I have found that to be a very accurate and fun website. Go to the Matchup link and plug in two schools. That is where you get projected scores.

Massey? Who is he? You know the old saying about a blind squirrel. I think Fairview rides out west like the Wild Bunch and brings home the gold. Good luck to both teams this should be a good tough football game.

 

I think most are having trouble picking this game because it is going to be a close match up. I wouldn't want to try to predict the outcome, it could defiantly go either way. I look forward to reading about it, I would say this game will have several momentum swings and several lead changes. Should be a great game.

If LCA jumps out to a big lead I am wondering how the hired soldiers will respond? Heard when the game got tight with Nicholas Fairview coaches had to break up scuffles between their own players, is this true?

 

I wouldn't know about that for sure, but it wouldn't suprise me. With the exception of their matchup with West Carter Fairview hasn't been behind or even played close much if any this season. With this one being a district title game they may "panic" should LCA jump out ahead or hold a lead into the 2nd half. Depending on how bad the altercation was if it happened there may not be much to it. Fairview has some competitive kids and that will happen at times. Raceland has had that happen on occasions through the years even with playing in many more district title/playoff games than Fairview has. Competitive juices get going and some flare ups are going to happen. I wouldn't put too much into it just as long as it doesn't get out of hand.:thumb:

 

(maybe they were arguing over WVA or KY being the better state. :idunno::D)

Friday seems like it is going to be a good night for football. I hope that both squads stay injury free and that Fairview has a safe trip to and from Lexington.

 

I also wish the Eagles good luck in this one.

Watch out LCA your about to be invaded by the West Huntington/Fairview all-star team!!! Good luck!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.