Highlands 36 Covington Catholic 7 (Frosh)

jbwill2

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for the CovCath faithful. Where is the heck are you guys getting all that money to put an addition onto the 2 yr Fieldhouse. WOW!! Very impressive. We are definately at a disadvantage in Ft Thoms when it comes to facilites. God Bless the generous contributors. Now, back to the game.

I thought that both teams played a nice game and were evenly match for a quarter and a half. Highlands does a nice job with adjustments at the half. The Dressman kid is by far CovCaths best athelete on the team and the Hergott kid for the Birds is a standout and had a whale of a game. Definately going to be fun watching these two teams for the next 3 yrs. Go Birds 2n10

HHS was very impressive. This is not an excuse, but CovCath only had two days of preparation for this. They are both two good teams and hopefully we will see them together again in the playoffs!

If not an excuse than why mention it? Cov Cath had all season to prepare....Have you seen their scores? Played their ones against Ryle in a blow out to get ready for HHS??? All the chatter....No excuse's, this is going to be a very good HHS class. Cov Cath should have a nice team as well. Dressman is a tough and talented kid. Really showed up to play. Props to both teams and the Coach's (particularly the HHS Frosh) for their effort tonight. I will say that it was nice to see the frosh "one's" for more than a half. The HHS D line was absolutely dominant in the 2nd half. Props to Schweitzer, Hope and True....Can't forget Merkel as well. Harris did a nice job in the second half at "spy" as well.

Go Birds...Beat Raiders!

I thought there were about 4 players that were the difference in the game.

43 was the best player on the field.

67 Schweitzer dominated the inside.

Hayes and Wrobleski made big runs.

Other than that I thought the personnel was pretty close.

Question for the CovCath faithful. Where is the heck are you guys getting all that money to put an addition onto the 2 yr Fieldhouse. WOW!! Very impressive. We are definately at a disadvantage in Ft Thoms when it comes to facilites. God Bless the generous contributors. Now, back to the game.

Are they doing an addition? I thought there were just fixing the walls that had problems last year.

Not a single person on the visitor's side said a word about that TOG... at least your sound system works...

Back to the game. Props to the DL and OL for the Birds. Several stops for losses on D and the holes were there for their trio of outstanding backs to run through. The LBs for CovCath are tough kids. Shout out to #69 Little on HHS O-Line. His block in the 2nd half to free Harris for a TD was textbook.

QB for CovCath is a tough kid.

Bet these 2 meet again in the frosh championship... and many times in future years given the KHSAA proposed realignment which keeps HHS and CC in the same class.

I keyed in on #69 Little while watching the game. He came to my house selling booster memberships. Said he was a freshman playing guard. He said the majic word, "Guard". I knew he was the one I was watching this year.

Thought he did a great job also. He stays with his block better than alot of freshman usually do. His footwork is pretty decent. If he works hard and continues to work on footwork and continues to stay on his man, (heck that is half the fun of annoying the other team) he will be a pretty fine O-man.:thumb:

Edited by Henry521

I thought there were about 4 players that were the difference in the game.

43 was the best player on the field.

67 Schweitzer dominated the inside.

Hayes and Wrobleski made big runs.

Other than that I thought the personnel was pretty close.

Really? Hmmm. Seriously? Wow...There were many! Must have been focusing on those few.

I thought that both teams played a nice game and were evenly match for a quarter and a half. Highlands does a nice job with adjustments at the half. The Dressman kid is by far CovCaths best athelete on the team and the Hergott kid for the Birds is a standout and had a whale of a game. Definately going to be fun watching these two teams for the next 3 yrs. Go Birds 2n10

As Clyde posted, the building leaked through the walls (mortar) and it's being repaired. It indeed is a long, long and I mean a long story about the building getting repaired.

I'm not saying the others weren't talented. I thought those 4 were difference-makers.

You talking offense or defense? If you are talking defense, 86 for HHS wore CCH out. Harris did a much better job in the second half on defense. Wrobleski and Hays ran, lights out....need to hold onto the ball. Schweitzer, had a sold game.

You talking offense or defense? If you are talking defense, 86 for HHS wore CCH out. Harris did a much better job in the second half on defense. Wrobleski and Hays ran, lights out....need to hold onto the ball. Schweitzer, had a sold game.

Lets not forget Hergott too. He really played hard....Heck, they all did!! Props to the baby birds!!

Go Birds...Beat Raiders!

I was going to mention 86. Did a great job chasing down runners from the backside.