Bluegrasspreps Class 2A Rankings - October 4th

Ram

Well if we are going by how many points you win a game by and who you are playing how is Monroe still in the top ten? Before you say they are a top ten team then prove it and not by last years rankings and wins either? Not bashing Monroe they do have a great team I think them and Glasgow have the same record? Just using them as an example. I think they put who they want in the rankings. There for Glasgow should be in the top ten and beating Green is one of the reasons. Green is also a top ten team If im not mistaken Green was in the top ten till they lost to Bell and Larue which are quality teams how is Green not in the top ten after beating Lone Oak lol? Anyways it doesnt mean anything just gives everyone something to talk about lol.

Edited by mcpapa
R13

well If we are going by how many points you win a game by and who you are playing how is monroe still in the top ten? Before you say they are a top ten team then prove it and not by last years rankings and wins either? Not bashing Monroe they do have a great team i think them and glasgow have the same record? Just using them as an example. I think they put who they want in the rankings. There for Glasgow should be in the top ten and beating Green is one of the reasons. Green is also a top ten team If im not mistaken Green was in the top ten till they lost to Bell and larue which are Qaulity teams how is Green not in the top ten after beating lone oak lol? Anyways it doesnt mean anything just gives everyone something to talk about lol

:laugh:

2a is very interesting this year! I think GLasgow, Green, or Monroe could go very deep this year...it is sad that these three are in the same district this year!! These regular season games will be better than most playoff games...Look at Glasgow and Green...a all out shootout for top spot in the district!!! I am a little giddy at the coming up weeks, first Glasgow next week, then Green...both on the road!!! If I was another district I would definately be watching these three teams....:D

:laugh:

2a is very interesting this year! I think GLasgow, Green, or Monroe could go very deep this year...it is sad that these three are in the same district this year!! These regular season games will be better than most playoff games...Look at Glasgow and Green...a all out shootout for top spot in the district!!! I am a little giddy at the coming up weeks, first Glasgow next week, then Green...both on the road!!! If I was another district I would definately be watching these three teams....:D

We are watching, quiet and respectfully. I think a lot of of 2A folks are going to be very surprised after the next six weeks of football are played, (after all games through Nov 19th), as to which teams are still playing and which teams are done.

FalconBacker my friend, I was really referring to the north. I have no doubt that FC will be where they were expected to be before the season opened! I am following the teams that we have to play before we could possibly meet you guys again this year. I am concerned for the other two teams in our own district. They are teams that could easily be overlooked by the northern teams. Our ranking may have come a little premature this year, but it is a good motivatoinal tool for the younger falcons. I do feel we are a top 10 team and agree with the placement of 5. I also feel that in two weeks a lot of things are going to change in 2a!!!! I wish the other Falcons well this week, but I feel that they will dominate in their district. Keep them focused and the path will be laid in front of them.....

FalconBacker my friend, I was really referring to the north. I have no doubt that FC will be where they were expected to be before the season opened! I am following the teams that we have to play before we could possibly meet you guys again this year. I am concerned for the other two teams in our own district. They are teams that could easily be overlooked by the northern teams. Our ranking may have come a little premature this year, but it is a good motivatoinal tool for the younger falcons. I do feel we are a top 10 team and agree with the placement of 5. I also feel that in two weeks a lot of things are going to change in 2a!!!! I wish the other Falcons well this week, but I feel that they will dominate in their district. Keep them focused and the path will be laid in front of them.....

I am following along and cheering for the MC Falcons to get it done again this year. Your Falcons are more than worthy of their ranking!

Something I think will change in the next few weeks and I may be wrong by predicting this and it might come back to bite me in the rear, but we all know Danville was thought to be on top of there district then the other three playing for second? Where did Washington Co come from i remember last year they were slobbered in playoffs This year I think they can contend with Danville if not pull out a win which will make two very good games come region.

Edited by mcpapa
R13

The last time I looked there is only one team from NKY in the top 10..:rolleyes:

HC had a chance, but they lost to Louisville HC and Belfry. The only way to get recognition is for them to beat teams that they are equal to, or shouldn't beat. They have their chance this Friday.

Going to repeat myself here...

If you have a particular team(s) in mind who should be in the rankings, also designate who you think they should replace. IMO, it creates a far more interesting discussion.

After all, if there were room for 12 teams in a "Top 10", it would be a less interesting topic. :lol:

Edited by oneijoe

Going to repeat myself here...

If you have a particular team(s) in mind who should be in the rankings, also designate who you think they should replace. IMO, it creates a far more interesting discussion.

After all, if there were room for 12 teams in a "Top 10", it would be a less interesting topic. :lol:

Glasgow’s only loss was to ACS which is a top five 4A team and they beat Green County, who just beat Lone Oak. Based on Corbin’s loss to Hazard, who is an undefeated 1A team I could see putting Glasgow above Corbin. I can also see Glasgow being above CAL with their losses to two 1A schools, Holy Cross and Lexington Christian. Granted Holy Cross is very good this year, but I don’t think LCA is the LCA of last year and they also lost to CPA, which I can attest is not a great team.

Glasgow’s only loss was to ACS which is a top five 4A team and they beat Green County, who just beat Lone Oak. Based on Corbin’s loss to Hazard, who is an undefeated 1A team I could see putting Glasgow above Corbin. I can also see Glasgow being above CAL with their losses to two 1A schools, Holy Cross and Lexington Christian. Granted Holy Cross is very good this year, but I don’t think LCA is the LCA of last year and they also lost to CPA, which I can attest is not a great team.

I don't agree with your first comparison (Glasgow over Corbin), but I find myself on the cusp on the 2nd (Glasgow over CAL).

Glasgow's can't escape the fact that they played dead even with a winless E-town team. Also...the only really good quality team they've played is AC-S to whom they lost badly. Corbin hasn't been outstanding, but they have won the games they were supposed to in convincing fashion. They've also been competitive vs. Hazard (at Hazard). Consistancy matters.

CAL -did- play competitively with Cov. Holy Cross at HC. It isn't as bad a loss as you lead on as HC is a quality team. LCA isn't what it has been, but they're still not bad. Losing to a team being in a lower class does NOT hurt a team as much as you think. All matchups must be individually considered.

Personally, I give very little weight to indirect comparisons (team x beat team y...team y had beaten team z...so therefore, team x is better than team z). Far too many variables involved.

I don't agree with your first comparison (Glasgow over Corbin), but I find myself on the cusp on the 2nd (Glasgow over CAL).

Glasgow's can't escape the fact that they played dead even with a winless E-town team. Also...the only really good quality team they've played is AC-S to whom they lost badly. Corbin hasn't been outstanding, but they have won the games they were supposed to in convincing fashion. They've also been competitive vs. Hazard (at Hazard). Consistancy matters.

CAL -did- play competitively with Cov. Holy Cross at HC. It isn't as bad a loss as you lead on as HC is a quality team. LCA isn't what it has been, but they're still not bad. Losing to a team being in a lower class does NOT hurt a team as much as you think. All matchups must be individually considered.

Personally, I give very little weight to indirect comparisons (team x beat team y...team y had beaten team z...so therefore, team x is better than team z). Far too many variables involved.

Since you initially responded to my assertion that 2-3 teams should have been dropped before Glasgow, I will oblige. I looked at the records of all of this weeks top 10 and something was apparent: most of these teams are being ranked based on last year's accomplishments. More specifically, look at teams 4-9 on the list. Where are the impressive wins? What have they done THIS YEAR to stand out above the rest? Please give the E-town argument a rest. I detailed their schedule in another thread...its beyond tough. Feel free to look it up. Also, I'm sure that Green Co. might disagree with your assessment of ACS as being the only "good quality team" on Glasgow's schedule. As far as Corbin is concerned, talk to some people from either side that witnessed the Glasgow/Corbin scrimmage. The Varsity score ended in a tie, 6-6, but those that were there will tell you that the game was very lopsided in favor of Glasgow.

Had the roles been reversed, and Prestonsburg was dropped in favor of Washington Co., what team(s) would you look at and just shake your head at in disbelief? What games would qualify as the "quality" wins on Prestonsburg schedule? How about Murray? Monroe? Danville? CAL? Corbin? Doesn't really matter right now, this will all be settled in a few weeks. Good luck against Morgan tonight.

Since you initially responded to my assertion that 2-3 teams should have been dropped before Glasgow, I will oblige. I looked at the records of all of this weeks top 10 and something was apparent: most of these teams are being ranked based on last year's accomplishments. More specifically, look at teams 4-9 on the list. Where are the impressive wins? What have they done THIS YEAR to stand out above the rest?

4. Murray - your assertion is correct with this one. But last year's playoff performance should be considered. This team had light graduation losses and were the ONLY team to put Ft. Campbell's back to the wall. But with Murray's habitually weak schedule, they'll need to beat Caldwell Co. convincingly to stay where they are. They have ZERO chance of moving higher unless 1-3 falls apart completely.

5. Monroe Co. - win vs. Edmonson Co., BUT game at Glasgow next week will be -much- more telling.

6. Prestonsburg - wins over Belfry and Sheldon Clark. They'd be higher if not for the baffling loss to Breathitt Co. earlier.

7. Danville - win vs. Mason Co. and played competitively vs. Southwestern.

8. CAL - already talked about.

9. Corbin - already talked about.

I'll say this...these teams (PLUS Glasgow, Cov. Holy Cross, and maybe Green Co.) are ALL close enough that one week's performance (good or bad) could shake the entire listing up.