Bluegrasspreps Class 2A Rankings - October 4th

Ram

1. Newport Central Catholic at Holy Cross (Covington)

2. DeSales at Owen County

3. Owensboro Catholic vs. Hancock County

4. Murray - OPEN

5. Monroe County - OPEN

6. Prestonsburg vs. Morgan County

7. Danville at Bardstown

8. Christian Academy - Louisville vs. Carroll County

9. Corbin vs. Knott County Central (10/7)

10. Washington County at Fort Knox

Wat reason did glasgow get moved out of the top ten? I know they had a close call to E-town but still they won i think they are a top 5 team atleast.

I don't know, but I tend to agree that Glasgow should at least be in the top 10 around 7 or 8. In the end though, polls are just opinions and what really matters is between the sidelines on Friday night.

Wat reason did glasgow get moved out of the top ten? I know they had a close call to E-town but still they won i think they are a top 5 team atleast.

Beating a winless team by a point justifies a top five ranking? Washington County has beaten a top 10 team in a class above them.

That winless E-town team has played a brutal schedule and is a much better team than their record indicates. In addition to Glasgow, they have lost to: DeSales #2-2A; Central Hardin-6A (undefeated); Collins #8-4A; North Hardin-6A and LaRue-4A. Beating them, even by a point, is a quality win for Glasgow.

The only top 10 team Washington Co. has defeated was in Class 1A. Not trying to take anything away from Washington (I think they belong in the top 10), but I don't see the justification of dropping Glasgow to add Washington.

FC is right, the polls are just opinions. The final results will speak the truth.

Washington County beat a 4A top ten team, #8 Marion County a few weeks ago. To my knowledge MC is a pretty darn good football team. I know you may not have a ton of respect for a pretty good Washington Co. team but I have seen them play and they look pretty darn good to me. They have some playmakers on offense and a defense that has given up the least amount of points in all of 2A. They don't do anything flashy or exciting, they just play good sound fundamental football. They are not great athletically but they play as a team, they fly to the ball and hit hard, and that makes them faster than they appear to be. Plus, I think they are scoring about 30 to 40 points a game along with 3 shut-outs.

Not to take anything away from any other team in the top ten, but these boys are solid.

Washington County beat a 4A top ten team, #8 Marion County a few weeks ago. To my knowledge MC is a pretty darn good football team. I know you may not have a ton of respect for a pretty good Washington Co. team but I have seen them play and they look pretty darn good to me. They have some playmakers on offense and a defense that has given up the least amount of points in all of 2A. They don't do anything flashy or exciting, they just play good sound fundamental football. They are not great athletically but they play as a team, they fly to the ball and hit hard, and that makes them faster than they appear to be. Plus, I think they are scoring about 30 to 40 points a game along with 3 shut-outs.

Not to take anything away from any other team in the top ten, but these boys are solid.

Go back and read my post again. I'm not denying that Washington County is a good football team, in fact, it would not shock me if they ended up playing Glasgow/Green/Monroe for a semi-final spot. I'm just questioning the reason why Glasgow was dropped to make room for Washington. I can think of 2 or 3 others in the rankings that should have been dropped instead. As far as Marion County is concerned, they weren't ranked this week. Bethlehem was the only ranked team I could find on the schedule...no disrespect intended. In fact, quite the opposite. Good luck in district play. I will be interested in seeing how you match-up with Danville.

Go back and read my post again. I'm not denying that Washington County is a good football team, in fact, it would not shock me if they ended up playing Glasgow/Green/Monroe for a semi-final spot. I'm just questioning the reason why Glasgow was dropped to make room for Washington. I can think of 2 or 3 others in the rankings that should have been dropped instead. As far as Marion County is concerned, they weren't ranked this week. Bethlehem was the only ranked team I could find on the schedule...no disrespect intended. In fact, quite the opposite. Good luck in district play. I will be interested in seeing how you match-up with Danville.

Me to.

I have been saying that Washington is the sleeper team in 2a. Glasgow is also very good, and their district is stacked with talent this year. This will be a very interesting playoffs this year!!!

This begs the question... Who are the "2 or 3 others" in the ranking you'd put below Glasgow and Washington Co. ??