Raceland/Fairview Predictions

Raceland/fairview Winner  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Raceland/fairview Winner

Prove it. I want to hear it. Also, I was saying you were a Russell poser. I don't recall you making many detailed Russell posts. Could you be a Eagle in Devil's clothes?

But, go ahead, prove that you know area football. Post some detailed information about a program, preferably about your Devils, in the proper thread of course. I'll be waiting.

Not much to say about Russell football. All the posters have gone with the exception of rfcinky and Mr Parker. They couldn't tolerate the Raceland bias.

Prove my football knowledge to you? Why? You know it all. I know the reason the Raceland/Russell game took such a hiatus. Do you? I was there and saw that play in the endzone. Were you? As for this Russell team, they're gonna struggle from here without Davidson, Bailey and possibly Spradlin this week with a foot injury. The Hayes kid did something Friday that to my knowledge has never been done at Russell by rushing, catching and throwing a TD.

You see, I have a bit more insight than you may think simply because I don't bow to your every notion. I have memory of Raceland football prior to Bill Tom Ross. I'm in similar generation to oldrambler it seems. But you young guys, especially

you Raceland guys know more. I get it. I say you are mistaken on Fairview's take on this game and you question my knowledge. Typical. Hope this is in the correct thread, of course. Wouldn't want either of us to be accused of railroading this thread.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much to say about Russell football. All the posters have gone with the exception of rfcinky and Mr Parker. They couldn't tolerate the Raceland bias.

Prove my football knowledge to you? Why? You know it all. I know the reason the Raceland/Russell game took such a hiatus. Do you? I was there and saw that play in the endzone. Were you? As for this Russell team, they're gonna struggle from here without Davidson, Bailey and possibly Spradlin this week with a foot injury. The Hayes kid did something Friday that to my knowledge has never been done at Russell by rushing, catching and throwing a TD.

You see, I have a bit more insight than you may think simply because I don't bow to your every notion. I have memory of Raceland football prior to Bill Tom Ross. I'm in similar generation to oldrambler it seems. But you young guys, especially

you Raceland guys know more. I get it. I say you are mistaken on Fairview's take on this game and you question my knowledge. Typical. Hope this is in the correct thread, of course. Wouldn't want either of us to be accused of railroading this thread.

Loyal Devil, I was not at the game that ended the Raceland/Russell series for so long. Tragic story. True, if you are the age you say you are, I am younger then you. I am not so young that I have not seen a lot, but about 10 younger then oldrambler. I do not think I know everything, I do think I know a lot about the Raceland/Fairview series. I have lived it for over 20 years, I have seen it. Is it Fairview's Super Bowl, maybe not, but I assure you they want to win it more then most of their games. It is a geographical rivalry due to both teams being 1A. The Russell fans that you speak of, used to say on here that Russell was the Raceland Super Bowl, is it? Maybe sometimes.

As for rfcinky and Ryan Parker, love them, and glad to have them on here with us. I have met rfcinky - great guy. I haven't met Mr. Parker but my wife graduated from Russell with him and she assures me he is a great guy as well.

Are we at Raceland passionate about our Football? You betcha. Is that bad? I don't think so, that is what makes Raceland's program so good. Raceland fans have a tendency to stay with the program long after they graduate or their children graduate. It is a great atmosphere. We often say you have to experience it to understand it and that is correct. We can't explain it to people that haven't experienced it. They often don't understand or don't believe us.

As for comparing us to Highlands: I wish. It was a great compliment, and I appreciate it, but if we could get as many people to be as enthusiastic as the Highlands fans, I really don't know what would happen. Raceland might blow up. But, I think many programs could learn quite a bit from Highlands, including Raceland. I would love to see Raceland have the program Highlands has, or even close. It's harder for a 1A program to do, but we have often compared ourselves to Beechwood as a measuring stick. What they do is pretty darn impressive as well.

Maybe Fairview is Raceland's Super Bowl. We do get excited about it, we respect them, that is probably the reason we get so hyped up for them, we don't want to lose to them. We hate to lose to them. It hasn't happen many times, but we remember those well and want to remain the king of 1A in the area. Maybe it's fear of loss. Maybe it's Raceland Pride. Maybe it's just because it's a district game. It may be all the above. But, make no mistake about it, we remind the players that they don't want to be remembered as one of the teams that lost to Fairview.

I apologize for my over zealousness, just wanting a win this week. As always, good luck to your Devils in a big district game.

While he's looking up some information to post..............

Do we think Fairview will bring a rush to stop the pass, or will they drop as many as possible to cover the receivers?

Well I have a feeling they need to try and control both the pass and run! We average 433ypg on offense. 290 of those are pass. That leaves 143ypg on the ground. And that is with one game of only 5 yards vs Ashland. After game two the run game has really come around.

As for the discussion on the actual game I am not sure in that I am still trying to catch up on some teams strengths and weakness. I have been out of "the know" for around 81/2 months or so due to severe health problems . Enough already on that.

My main concern for this game is not so much what Fairview will do to stop us but the Rams have to Play our game plan and things will take care of themselves. I am concerned on how our defense will be able to slow down the Eagles powerful offensive attack. Raceland at times this year has had trouble stopping the run and if we don't get that shored up then we are toast!

I have the utmost faithin our coaching staff in putting an effective game plan in place. Now it will be up to our Rams to Execute!!

GO RAMS!!!!

MAKE IT HAPPEN !!!:taz::taz::taz:

Loyal Devil, I was not at the game that ended the Raceland/Russell series for so long. Tragic story.

As for rfcinky and Ryan Parker, love them, and glad to have them on here with us.

1. As for that game and trajic incident, I was there and standing right in front of it so I know exactly what happened one certain individual that was injured was a good friend of mine and every time I think about it I get sick! I spent alot of time visitig him at the hospital as did plenty of other Raceland fans, teachers and players.

2. I agree, two very good posters with class. :thumb:

rfcinky and Ryan Parker are 2 great individuals. I have met and know both of these men and respect them a lot. They are welcome in my home anytime. Mrs. Sidelinedoc has known Ryan longer than I and she thinks a lot of him, too. Great posts and insight as to what he is thinking and so much substance to back up his thoughts.

I think you may confuse our enthusiasm for our team as something that it is not. If you speak to anyone else about this topic I honestly don't think you'll find many that think Raceland posters are cynical or harsh to other teams. One of the main reasons I decided to open an account and be open about who I am and who I cheer for is due to the Ram excitement for their team and the respect shown to the opponents. I am sorry if you feel that we are brash but if you look at most of our posts as you have pointed out in the 2010 outlook thread, there is a lot of fluff. We are supporters of our team and for that I will not apologize or step back.