Raceland/Fairview Predictions

Raceland/fairview Winner  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Raceland/fairview Winner

I doubt a coach can change the mind set of a community. Not even a McPeek!!:rolleyes: He may change a few of the team members minds. But not the one's that have lived it over and over year end year out. And those kids that play for McPeek go home to those parents that want to take this team to the woodshead. We on this side of the highway I'm sure arn't unique it thinking like that. But we feel like that not only about Fairview. But to Russell, Ashland, Greenup Co and LCA. We want to win every game but these are extra special!!! I must have been taking the Fairview and Raceland game atmosphere and crazziness wrong all these years!!:idunno:

And if they beat the RAMS for the first time in many years. And the scheduling has been the same at Fairview for years. I guess they can say that the way they schedule is finally paying off. Even the RAMS catch the devils in a down year or two every now and then.:lol:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the 80's. I think McPeek has changed the mindset on how the season is viewed. No one game more important than the whole. No posters from Westwood to offer any rebuttal to the overwhelming Raceland slant on this board. I think this will be a good game. Fairview has the edge slightly in my opinion. Farley is the key for Raceland.

Maybe there will be a Westwood poster somewhere in the woodwork who can start a thread about their "quality" scheduling in the event the Eagles prevail.

Why don't you just go ahead and admit that you have absolutely no clue about what you are talking about. You really don't, you are sitting on the outside and trying to give insight about a situation that you have never experienced. Have you heard McPeek talk about this game? If you have, you have heard a toned down version, because I know how he talks about this game. Have you sat at a 7 on 7 in the summer with the Fairview coaches taunting the Raceland players about the coming season? Have you you talked to Fairview fans about their thoughts about Raceland? I have, and trust me, they want to beat Raceland more then any other team. Were you at the last game that Fairview beat Raceland? I was, and trust me, the Fairview players, coaches, and fans would not have been more excited if they had won the Supper Bowl.

The 80's, really? You don't have a clue about these two programs and you have proved it. Thanks for proving what many of us have suspected since you began posting.

Fairview does have one poster on here: biguglys. Maybe he can straighten us out on the thoughts in this thread. I say he down playes it, but we know how the Fairview fans, players, and coaches feel about this game, we don't need anyone to tells us.

Believe what you want, but we have lived it, you apparently haven't. Many Fairview fans, coaches, and players have said numerous times that they would go 1-9 if that 1 was Raceland.

Exactly and I can definately back that up. I have had former Fairview players, teachers (one cousin of mine taught at Fairview) and that person lived it. I have even had gas station workers in Westwood(when they saw my Rams shirt I was wearing) and a certain oil co. man that was somewhat above the station attendant :sssh::D. Heck, I even dated 2 or 3 girls from westwood/Fairview back in my high school days (70's) that made sure I knew it, their parents and even one set of grandparennts would tell me :lol:. I can say though, all but one year (73' I believe:irked:) that I had a good time reminding them of Raceland wins. BTW alot has been joked about mossybottom. Well....Raceland/Worthington can trump that as well, we have a area/city called the bottom and it is also on "the other side of the tracks":p.

What does all of this mean? Absolutely nothing other than a few of us have a good time on bgp, no harm or disrespect intended.:lol::thumb:

Maybe there will be a Westwood poster somewhere in the woodwork who can start a thread about their "quality" scheduling in the event the Eagles prevail.

Hey, why don't you start it. That would be good for our program as far as I'm concerned. We can talk about Raceland Football all you want.

Why don't you just ahead and admit that you have absolutely no clue about what you are talking about. You really don't, you are sitting on the outside and trying to give insight about a situation that you have never experienced. Have you heard McPeek talk about this game? If you have, you have heard a toned down version, because I know how he talks about this game. Have you sat at a 7 on 7 in the summer with the Fairview coaches taunting the Raceland players about the coming season? Have you you talked to Fairview fans about their thoughts about Raceland? I have, and trust me, they want to beat Raceland more then any other team. Were you at the last game that Fairview beat Raceland? I was, and trust me, the Fairview players, coaches, and fans would not have been more excited if they had won the Supper Bowl.

The 80's, really? You don't have a clue about these two programs and you have proved it. Thanks for proving what many of us have suspected since you began posting.

Fairview does have one poster on here: biguglys. Maybe he can straighten us out on the thoughts in this thread. I say he down playes it, but we know how the Fairview fans, players, and coaches feel about this game, we don't need anyone to tells us.

Down boy!!:cool: Don't let him get to you. Your doing exactly what he wants you to do. He wants you mad. He does this on all the threads he post on. This is what he likes to do. He doesn't like Raceland.

Down boy!!:cool: Don't let him get to you. Your doing exactly what he wants you to do. He wants you mad. He does this on all the threads he post on. This is what he likes to do. He doesn't like Raceland.

Mad? Not me, just stating the facts. Thinking you know something and proving it are two different things. And he hasn't proved it. In fact, he has shown that he doesn't know much of anything about this topic. In fact, I think he may be a poser, I haven't seen him post anything about players names. I wonder if he know many of them.

I am sure that Coach McPeek does look at it in the way that LD is saying. I believe that but all I and others are saying is that I think that Coach McPeek is probably in a minority of Fairview supporters that think the way he does. And doesn't anyone think that his "it's not a rivalry......." statement wasn't to get his own kids a little more pumped up?? C'mon, I was born at night but it wasn't last night.

McPeek is an excellent football coach, no one can dispute that and that fact is what worries me the most with this game, he also has some very good kids that have came up in his system along with some exceptional "newcomers" in the system this season.

Raceland will have to play much better than they have all season and then some to stay in this one and keep it close.

So Rams.........................................................

MAKE IT HAPPEN :taz::taz::taz:

Edited by oldrambler

Well, as some have said about Raceland, they don't lack confidence. One guy not a Raceland poster in this entire thread and I'm clueless. Amazing. And there's really any wonder why there aren't any more posters from the region? The slant on this board is only barely less skewed than the Highlands promotion. We have threads started and perpetated by Racelanders trashing Fairview and their scheduling. Now there are shouts from the rooftops that Fairview looks at Raceland as their superbowl. Raceland, arrogance is thy name.

I know plenty about Fairview and Raceland. For Ram to assume otherwise shows his stripes, errrr horns.

Hope the Eagles win by one.

I know plenty about Fairview and Raceland. For Ram to assume otherwise shows his stripes, errrr horns.

Prove it. I want to hear it. Also, I was saying you were a Russell poser. I don't recall you making many detailed Russell posts. Could you be a Eagle in Devil's clothes?

But, go ahead, prove that you know area football. Post some detailed information about a program, preferably about your Devils, in the proper thread of course. I'll be waiting.

Hey, why don't you start it. That would be good for our program as far as I'm concerned. We can talk about Raceland Football all you want.

:thumb::thumb: We could also mention 34-8 but I won't do that. :sssh::eek

Also........................." GOT 17 ?, WE DO...."

Well, as some have said about Raceland, they don't lack confidence. One guy not a Raceland poster in this entire thread and I'm clueless. Amazing. And there's really any wonder why there aren't any more posters from the region? The slant on this board is only barely less skewed than the Highlands promotion. We have threads started and perpetated by Racelanders trashing Fairview and their scheduling. Now there are shouts from the rooftops that Fairview looks at Raceland as their superbowl. Raceland, arrogance is thy name.

:lol::lol: I thought you were Loyal Devil..............:walk::walk:

I am taking a break..... too much fun for now. :lol::lol::lol:

I understand. Rest for a while and get back to me.

I think they want to rush, but I bet they drop at least five at first to cover the receivers and try to rely on their Dline. I think they know Farley, with time, will pick them apart. I expect a nickle look.