Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood 55 Walton Verona 20

Featured Replies

Assuming the 20 (or atleast 14) came during garbage time... With what Walton has in place it could be another 10 years before they are competitive with the likes of Beechwood... Right place, right time for Walton this year.... Almost smooth sailing for Walton here on out (except a tight one vs. Brossart) the rest should have nothing but dust in thier faces and a few more W's for the bearcats... Will be interesting to see what happens next year at WV...

I was told Beechwood could have named their score in this one!

  • Author

Good showing by the developing Bearcat program. Keep your focus on winning the next game each week! :thumb:

Vocke had a light night with 8 carries.

 

He had 275 yards and 5 TDs.

Vocke had a light night with 8 carries.

 

He had 275 yards and 5 TDs.

 

YIKES!! I think Walton needed a vist from Dr. Phil tonight.

Good game Tigers. Don't keep your heads down Walton, you are still a great team. The one thing that I did notice was that one of the captains for Beechwood wasn’t dressed (I think his number was 58). I was wondering what his story was. I saw him punch a HC player on the sideline a couple weeks ago. Just so everyone knows I was not the only one who saw this. The refs did as well and flagged it. The bad thing about this was that he wasn’t dressed or playing in that game either. I have always had a lot of respect for Coach Rash and his program, so I sure hope I am missing something.

So much for Beechwood not being able to stop Walton's offense. I miss the days when 1A had really good Dayton teams, Bellevue teams, Beechwood teams, Newcath teams, and Holy Cross teams. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.

The player in question here is injured. He can not play, but wants to remain part of the team. He is a senior. Did you happen to see the HC player throw the ball at him as he got up? As is in most cases the second party is normally seen reacting to what was done to him. I am not saying it was right to do that though.

Too much Cameron Vocke tonight. Walton's offense did move the ball tonight with Bob Baumgartner rushing for 128 yards and a TD. No, it was not all against the second team. Defensively, not a good showing. Bearcats will be all right and need to get prepared for Brossart.

Too much Cameron Vocke tonight. Walton's offense did move the ball tonight with Bob Baumgartner rushing for 128 yards and a TD. No, it was not all against the second team. Defensively, not a good showing. Bearcats will be all right and need to get prepared for Brossart.

 

The first score was against the 1's and was aided by a few penalties. The fumble early in the drive was given to Walton when it looked like beechwood clearly recovered the ball. What did the refs call on that? The last 2 TDs and a lot of the yards were against the 2nd team. Walton was a lot worse than Beechwood's 1st team and a little better than 2nd team.

 

I expected more of game early on which really wasn't there. Yes the score was 14-6 at one point but Beechwood still looked like they had it in control. There are some nice players for Walton. The Walton QB #12 looked good and from talking with him mom he is a junior. What is the age of the starting lineup? If younger they could be good in the future.

 

Not sure I understand Beechwood's logic in having the big lineman in the second row of kickoff return against a team that squib kicks the ball. Against a better team I could see that costing them.

 

With regard to #58. Was it really a punch? I don't think so as he would have been ejected from the sideline.

The first score was against the 1's and was aided by a few penalties. The fumble early in the drive was given to Walton when it looked like beechwood clearly recovered the ball. What did the refs call on that? The last 2 TDs and a lot of the yards were against the 2nd team. Walton was a lot worse than Beechwood's 1st team and a little better than 2nd team.

 

I expected more of game early on which really wasn't there. Yes the score was 14-6 at one point but Beechwood still looked like they had it in control. There are some nice players for Walton. The Walton QB #12 looked good and from talking with him mom he is a junior. What is the age of the starting lineup? If younger they could be good in the future.

 

Not sure I understand Beechwood's logic in having the big lineman in the second row of kickoff return against a team that squib kicks the ball. Against a better team I could see that costing them.

 

With regard to #58. Was it really a punch? I don't think so as he would have been ejected from the sideline.

I'll have to disagree with with the penalities accounting for the first touchdown and the first two touchdowns were against the first team. Walton had a few penalities that were questionable. Yes I agree that Beechwood was on the next level and congrats to them! Walton will be fine and need to focus on next weeks game with Brossart. As to #58 and a punch, I never saw that.

Sounds like Beechwood is fine tuning their team. And getting ready for the playoffs!! Beat a good team last night! And did a good job of it! WOW!!! Watch out 1A!!!

  • Author

The Bearcats will bounce back and get another big win against Brossart. They just need to turn it up a notch or two in practice this week.

So does this mean the Ludlow game will be a nailbiter?

The Tigers need to enjoy the next few weeks before the loss to NewCath brings the reality of what happens in the playoffs. That score will be the reverse of last night. Bearcats keep working hard.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.