Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood 55 Walton Verona 20

Featured Replies

I'll have to disagree with with the penalities accounting for the first touchdown and the first two touchdowns were against the first team. Walton had a few penalities that were questionable. Yes I agree that Beechwood was on the next level and congrats to them! Walton will be fine and need to focus on next weeks game with Brossart. As to #58 and a punch, I never saw that.

 

I said it was aided by penalties. Didn't mean to say it wouldn't have happened.

 

WV second TD came after the BW fumble recovery for TD. There were plenty of reserves on the field after that BW TD.

 

The comment regarding the punch was directed toward post #7. It happened in the Holy Cross game a few weeks ago not last night.

The first score was against the 1's and was aided by a few penalties. The fumble early in the drive was given to Walton when it looked like beechwood clearly recovered the ball. What did the refs call on that? The last 2 TDs and a lot of the yards were against the 2nd team. Walton was a lot worse than Beechwood's 1st team and a little better than 2nd team.

 

I expected more of game early on which really wasn't there. Yes the score was 14-6 at one point but Beechwood still looked like they had it in control. There are some nice players for Walton. The Walton QB #12 looked good and from talking with him mom he is a junior. What is the age of the starting lineup? If younger they could be good in the future.

 

Not sure I understand Beechwood's logic in having the big lineman in the second row of kickoff return against a team that squib kicks the ball. Against a better team I could see that costing them.

 

With regard to #58. Was it really a punch? I don't think so as he would have been ejected from the sideline.

There was one penaltie on the first TD drive
I said it was aided by penalties. Didn't mean to say it wouldn't have happened.

 

WV second TD came after the BW fumble recovery for TD. There were plenty of reserves on the field after that BW TD.

 

The comment regarding the punch was directed toward post #7. It happened in the Holy Cross game a few weeks ago not last night.

 

The player that recovered the ball for the TD off the fumble was "Bradley" 59 or 58 something like that was the starting DL lineman but I won't qibble anymore. Needless to say Walton was able to score and move the football on Beechwood's first defense. Not on every drive or at will but they were able to move the football. Defensively, Walton could not get very many stops. As I said earlier Vocke was on another level. Great back, and good job to their line as well.

The player that recovered the ball for the TD off the fumble was "Bradley" 59 or 58 something like that was the starting DL lineman but I won't qibble anymore. Needless to say Walton was able to score and move the football on Beechwood's first defense. Not on every drive or at will but they were able to move the football. Defensively, Walton could not get very many stops. As I said earlier Vocke was on another level. Great back, and good job to their line as well.

 

You are correct...that made it 48-6...after that TD, the entire BW "D" line, and some secondary, came out the remainder of the game.

 

The 1st WV TD was setup by the "1" long pass and a blown coverage...after that drive, there was never another threat on the BW 1st team "D".

To Sarge's point, I think Walton Verona's offense did do a decent job of moving the ball against Beechwood's ones. It was tough hard earned yards, but they picked up some first downs and had the one big pass play. It was the Bearcats defense that hurt them big last night. The Beechwood offensive line opened some big holes and when Vocke gets to the second level it is bye bye. I think on Vocke's carries, he had 5 that went for TD's and 2 that he got stopped at the line. The ones that went for TD's he really never got touched. I would guess Beechwood's first 6 TD's were scored in perhaps 15 plays. You have to give the offensive line big time credit for last night. In addition to Vocke's runs, Nussbaum had something like 3 carries for over 75 yards and a TD and Colosimo had one carry that went 24 yards for a TD. The yards per carry for Beechwood's first team backfield had to be something like 25 yards per carry, which only happens when the line is opening huge holes. Beechwood is getting better every game. Still a little more work to do on the defensive side but the offense is really starting to look good.

To Sarge's point, I think Walton Verona's offense did do a decent job of moving the ball against Beechwood's ones. It was tough hard earned yards, but they picked up some first downs and had the one big pass play. It was the Bearcats defense that hurt them big last night. The Beechwood offensive line opened some big holes and when Vocke gets to the second level it is bye bye. I think on Vocke's carries, he had 5 that went for TD's and 2 that he got stopped at the line. The ones that went for TD's he really never got touched. I would guess Beechwood's first 6 TD's were scored in perhaps 15 plays. You have to give the offensive line big time credit for last night. In addition to Vocke's runs, Nussbaum had something like 3 carries for over 75 yards and a TD and Colosimo had one carry that went 24 yards for a TD. The yards per carry for Beechwood's first team backfield had to be something like 25 yards per carry, which only happens when the line is opening huge holes. Beechwood is getting better every game. Still a little more work to do on the defensive side but the offense is really starting to look good.

Exactly what I was driving at. Walton was shut out last year against Beechwood and to score 20 points on them was a big improvement. Defensively I say once again that there is alot of work to do for Walton. This program is on the rise and I believe the school and community are proud of the way this team has improved.

The player that recovered the ball for the TD off the fumble was "Bradley" 59 or 58 something like that was the starting DL lineman but I won't qibble anymore. Needless to say Walton was able to score and move the football on Beechwood's first defense. Not on every drive or at will but they were able to move the football. Defensively, Walton could not get very many stops. As I said earlier Vocke was on another level. Great back, and good job to their line as well.

 

Not that the Beechwood defense really needed to help the cause but with the versatility of Bradley (#51?) he just may be an option for Beechwood as a fullback too. Not only was he starting on the D line but he was also the Beechwood kicker and has quite a leg on him! He is a versatile athlete to say the least. In fact, I think he even worked the concession stand at half time.

So does this mean the Ludlow game will be a nailbiter?

The Tigers need to enjoy the next few weeks before the loss to NewCath brings the reality of what happens in the playoffs. That score will be the reverse of last night. Bearcats keep working hard.

 

FITS, did you not see or hear about the Cov Cath Beechwood game from the week before? BW had the game and let it slip out from under them. The tigers were not even suppose to keep the game close. New Cath is the clear favorite just like Cov cath was. You should really think before making statements like that.

FITS, did you not see or hear about the Cov Cath Beechwood game from the week before? BW had the game and let it slip out from under them. The tigers were not even suppose to keep the game close. New Cath is the clear favorite just like Cov cath was. You should really think before making statements like that.

 

No offense BS. I did think about it. I did hear it was close but 3-3 CovCath still won. How did BW have the game and let it slip away on their home field? What happened or what did not happen to let it slip away? What has to be done to prevent it from happening against NCC? I did watch NCC (now 6-1) beat CovCath (now 3-3) and whether it's a BW loss of 3 or 30, IMO it will still be a BW loss. Hopefully BW, being the underdog, can pull off the upset against NCC but I just don't believe it will happen after playing 5 consecutive very soft opponents before NCC.

Not that the Beechwood defense really needed to help the cause but with the versatility of Bradley (#51?) he just may be an option for Beechwood as a fullback too. Not only was he starting on the D line but he was also the Beechwood kicker and has quite a leg on him! He is a versatile athlete to say the least. In fact, I think he even worked the concession stand at half time.

 

Now thats a good work effort too!:D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.