Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nelson County/Greenwood Predictions

Who wins? 12 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Greenwood
      41%
    • Nelson County
      58%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who wins this big district matchup at Greenwood?

Dragonfire- have you heard anything going on at Greenwood as far as assistant coaches are concerned?

Jim Nowell is out as defensive coordinator if that's what you're referring to. The official word is stepped down for personal reasons.

This should be an extremely interesting game. Two good teams means it should be a close game. I'll have to give the edge to Greenwood because they are playing at home. I'll say Greenwood by 3.

I'll take the visitors in an upset. Nelson is still better than most give credit. They took it on the chin @ John Hardin, but it was a bad game for them and hopefully they learned from it. I'll take Nelson 28-27.

Quentin Brooks is due for a breakout game ...

I'll take the visitors in an upset. Nelson is still better than most give credit. They took it on the chin @ John Hardin, but it was a bad game for them and hopefully they learned from it. I'll take Nelson 28-27.

 

My fear for Nelson County is that Greenwood's defense is usually pretty stout against the run, not as much against the pass. In years past it has seemed like Nelson County has tried to maintain some semblance of balance between the two, but this year has abandoned it totally. They did not rush well against John Hardin or Warren Central - their point total suffered accordingly in each. Those were the two games on their schedule where they played teams capable of fighting back, and Greenwood fits that bill to a T. It's a long trip, they're playing to the strength of Greenwood's defense. I just don't like the matchup unless they change it up. There needs to be more to their offense than Brooks. I can't speak to the John Hardin game, but against Warren Central, they had 138 rushing yards, and 107 of that was from Brooks. 55 of Brooks' total came on the first offensive play of the night. The rest of the game, Nelson County didn't do much, and I anticipate similar tough sledding against Greenwood.

 

Quentin Brooks is due for a breakout game ...

 

What I just wrote notwithstanding, doesn't he average 10 yards per carry?

My fear for Nelson County is that Greenwood's defense is usually pretty stout against the run, not as much against the pass. In years past it has seemed like Nelson County has tried to maintain some semblance of balance between the two, but this year has abandoned it totally. They did not rush well against John Hardin or Warren Central - their point total suffered accordingly in each. Those were the two games on their schedule where they played teams capable of fighting back, and Greenwood fits that bill to a T. It's a long trip, they're playing to the strength of Greenwood's defense. I just don't like the matchup unless they change it up. There needs to be more to their offense than Brooks. I can't speak to the John Hardin game, but against Warren Central, they had 138 rushing yards, and 107 of that was from Brooks. 55 of Brooks' total came on the first offensive play of the night. The rest of the game, Nelson County didn't do much, and I anticipate similar tough sledding against Greenwood.

 

 

 

What I just wrote notwithstanding, doesn't he average 10 yards per carry?

 

Not after the JH game. He was 23-for-59 in that one, pulling him down to 8 ypc.

All good points One thing to note about the Warren Central game is the NC offense lost 3 of 5 fumbles killing the drives. But the defense only gave up 3 points from the turnovers. WC's only touchdown was from a kick return. I would expect a battle and not a one sided game.

All good points One thing to note about the Warren Central game is the NC offense lost 3 of 5 fumbles killing the drives. But the defense only gave up 3 points from the turnovers. WC's only touchdown was from a kick return. I would expect a battle and not a one sided game.

 

I agree. I did after all say 1 TD. I just believe that offensively, Nelson County is going to have a tough time. Defensively, I expect them to do just fine.

I see this game coming down to the kicking leg of Daniel Mudd, which is one of the finest I've seen in my years watching high school ball. Field position punting, kickoffs, and a game-winning field goal, Nelson by 3.

I see this game coming down to the kicking leg of Daniel Mudd, which is one of the finest I've seen in my years watching high school ball. Field position punting, kickoffs, and a game-winning field goal, Nelson by 3.

 

It sure is good. I was blown away by it.

I agree, Brooks is due but NC must be able to complete some passes for him to have a chance. Look for Nelson to open it up some. For NC that means 10~15 pass attempts. No West Coast O here.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.