When is Fairview Going to Schedule Someone?

Ram

Fairview sits at 6-0 and ranked in several top 10 polls. Let's look at what they have accomplished to get that recognition.

They have beaten:

West Carter (3-2)

Bracken County (1-5)

East Carter (0-5)

Boyd County (0-6)

Lewis County (2-3)

Paris (0-6)

Fairview wants to be a top 10 team in the state and be seen as a state power. When are they going to schedule someone to get that? All of these teams are doing as predicted and on par for what they normally do, so it's not a case of Fairview scheduling a team and expecting a good team. Of course, Fairview can't do anything about Paris as it is a district game. But the combined record for their first six wins is 6-27, not exactly testing their capabilities.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what. They'll lose early in the playoffs just like Raceland will. The only difference will be that they will probably win at least 8 games for the season. Everyone says playing Ashland helps Raceland for playoffs, how? It's a loss early in the season , nothing more. Maybe Raceland should schedule more 1A teams and build up confidence.

So, what. They'll lose early in the playoffs just like Raceland will. The only difference will be that they will win at least 8 games for the season. Everyone says playing Ashland helps Raceland for playoffs, how? It's a loss early in the season , nothing more. Maybe Raceland should schedule more 1A teams and build up confidence.

Build confidence? You do know that Ashland has won the last two games, but Raceland has a three game win streak before that? Confidence? Early exit? Third round is pretty decent in the playoffs and three rounds out of five is not early. Raceland routinely makes it three rounds.

But, this thread is about Fairview. So, Fairviews goal is to win 8 games? If that is the goal, then congratulations, I guess they will achieve that. At some point, to build your program up, you have to begin to venture into games that will challenge your team to achieve what is not expected and prepare them for deeper playoff wins. But, if Coach McPeek wants 8 wins a year, more power to him.

I know you do and I also feel it could be stronger, but really it is just a matter of preference. Other than Paris and Bracken, those are probably the closest schools in KY to Fairview that they could schedule. East and Boyd play in much higher class and usually better than they are now. As far as I know Lewis and Fairview have played each other for many years. Money drives a lot of things in small school sports, such as gates, gas expenses, etc. Like I said earlier, I agree that to be the best they need to upgrade.

I know you do and I also feel it could be stronger, but really it is just a matter of preference. Other than Paris and Bracken, those are probably the closest schools in KY to Fairview that they could schedule. East and Boyd play in much higher class and usually better than they are now. As far as I know Lewis and Fairview have played each other for many years. Money drives a lot of things in small school sports, such as gates, gas expenses, etc. Like I said earlier, I agree that to be the best they need to upgrade.

I can agree with most of that. And, for the record, I'm not saying that every week they should be playing a power house team, maybe one before the district games start would be a good idea. I realize everyone wants some games they pretty much know they will win, but most also want one or two games that they will have to work at to win or maybe have to overachieve to win.

How good is Fairview though? Raceland has beat Boyd and East by similar scores, does that mean Raceland is as good as Fairview? Don't know. Raceland would more than likely be undefeated if they played the same watered down schedule, but that's not Raceland football!! I had more respect for Fairview before they started going to Huntington High to fill their roster. We will see just how good Fairview is in the next few weeks as they play Raceland, Nicholas and LCA and they may very well smack Raceland in the mouth and beat them like a red headed step child, but no matter what, I suspect they will go back to being Fairview again next year!!!

Build confidence? You do know that Ashland has won the last two games, but Raceland has a three game win streak before that? Confidence? Early exit? Third round is pretty decent in the playoffs and three rounds out of five is not early. Raceland routinely makes it three rounds.

But, this thread is about Fairview. So, Fairviews goal is to win 8 games? If that is the goal, then congratulations, I guess they will achieve that. At some point, to build your program up, you have to begin to venture into games that will challenge your team to achieve what is not expected and prepare them for deeper playoff wins. But, if Coach McPeek wants 8 wins a year, more power to him.

That way of thinking gets Kentucky to the Music City Bowl every year and the Wildcat fans defend the heck of out it

Why should Fairview apologize for playing the teams they play in EKC conference and last time I checked Raceland just now beat a team that had won a game. Fairview has played Lewis every season of football and why is it their fault East and Boyd suck. Scheduling doesn't take that into effect. I will give you Bracken but you wanna win early in season. You can't build a program by losing so yes Ram winning 8 games will turn into 9, 10,11 etc. Mcpeek is doing a great job with that program and they will never be mediocre again in my opinion.

Edited by mcpapa
Rule 13

Why should fairview apologize for playing the teams they play in ekc conference and last time I checked raceland just now beat a team that had won a game. Fairview has played Lewis every season of football and why is it their fault east and Boyd suck. Scheduling doesn't take that into effect. I will give u bracken but you wanna a win early in season. You can't build a program by losing so yes ram winning 8 games will turn into 9, 10,11 etc. Mcpeek is doing a great job with that program and they will never be mediocre again in my opinion.

Winning eight games is no guarantee you'll make it to nine, 10 or 11. See Spindoc's earlier post.

The only thing impressive about a team that wins a lot of games is who they won them against.

So, what. They'll lose early in the playoffs just like Raceland will. The only difference will be that they will probably win at least 8 games for the season. Everyone says playing Ashland helps Raceland for playoffs, how? It's a loss early in the season , nothing more. Maybe Raceland should schedule more 1A teams and build up confidence.

The last three years Raceland has won 27 games and went to the playoffs all three of those years, and has been in the Region finals the last two years. I don't consider that needing confidence or losing early in the playoffs. Hard to fill your schedule when teams drop you from their schedule as well.

Why should Fairview apologize for playing the teams they play in EKC conference and last time I checked Raceland just now beat a team that had won a game. Fairview has played Lewis every season of football and why is it their fault East and Boyd suck. Scheduling doesn't take that into effect. I will give you Bracken but you wanna win early in season. You can't build a program by losing so yes Ram winning 8 games will turn into 9, 10,11 etc. Mcpeek is doing a great job with that program and they will never be mediocre again in my opinion.

Hey, if McPeek thinks that is the way to go, then like I said, more power to him. But, if you were Head Coach, wouldn't you want one strong team to test your team's ability before they start District play? It's all about District wins as far as I'm concerned, isn't that what it's all about?

When Chad Tackett was coach he began to schedule Ashland and when he did that, I have to say, I was beginning to worry about Fairview building their program because I knew he was serious by scheduling some stiff competition.

Hey, if McPeek thinks that is the way to go, then like I said, more power to him.

When Chad Tackett was coach he began to schedule Ashland and when he did that, I have to say, I was beginning to worry about Fairview building their program because I knew he was serious by scheduling some stiff competition.

I can see both points here as well. This is coach McPeek's program along with school superintendent B. Musik just bc he is the schools super and a former very sucsessful JCHS and FHS head coach and imo was responsible for getting Fairview's program turned in a positive direction.

Coach Tackett (also a very sucsessful Fairview coach who left under questionable circumstances nothing to do wit him) as you said had other ideas. Ultimately it is Fairview's decision. I do remember that one year in the 80's I believe that Fairview scheduled similar to what they are now. Fairview was unbeaten (9-0 I believe) going into the Raceland game at Fairview, Raceland (under coach Ross) had played their usual tougher schedule won the game. Fairviews 9 opponets that year had a combined win total pf 9 games!. As I said though, it is Fairview's choice.

On a side note on coach C. Tackett.......I would love to see him added to a certain area school's coaching staff as once rumored a few years ago. I don't know anything on this, I'm just sayin'. :idunno::D