When is Fairview Going to Schedule Someone?

Ram

I know my friends are going to bash me for this opine but here it goes. Who cares? Fairview has been able to build confidence and a bit of swagger with their winning ways over the past few years. People want to say things about where their talent is coming from and their schedule is weak. If the coaching staff and AD want to schedule this way, that's fine. Most would agree that in most years, that won't get you far in the playoffs. But eventually you can fool yourself into thinking you are better than you are and get a mindset that you can play at a higher level. Now, this may sound like an insult but I actually think it is brilliant. Fairview (as mentioned earlier is one of the smallest schools in KY) typically has a small base to draw from and that is hard to sustain a top level of athletes year in and year out. This being said, winning games, no matter who they are against, keeps the morale up and the numbers (of players) up. I hope that our way of thinking and scheduling pays off next week when we travel to Westwood but if we lose, we will shake hands and get you next year. :thumb:

Edited by sidelinedoc
spelling

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right doc, there are always two sides to the coin and I don't really think either way of scheduling is necessarily wrong. If Fairview beats us this year we will shake hands be polite and see them in the playoffs or next season.

I know some people may think that I was bashing Fairview with this thread, but I really just want football to be as strong as possible in North-Eastern Kentucky and want programs to build. Nothing more, nothing less. But, I understand when a member starts a thread such as this, others will see it as bashing. So be it.

:clap::clap:

I know my friends are going to bash me for this opine but here it goes. Who cares? Fairview has been able to build confidence and a bit of swagger with their winning ways over the past few years. People want to say things about where their talent is coming from and their schedule is weak. If the coaching staff and AD want to schedule this way, that's fine. Most would agree that in most years, that won't get you far in the playoffs. But eventually you can fool yourself into thinking you are better than you are and get a mindset that you can play at a higher level. Now, this may sound like an insult but I actually think it is brilliant. Fairview (as mentioned earlier is one of the smallest schools in KY) typically has a small base to draw from and that is hard to sustain a top level of athletes year in and year out. This being said, winning games, no matter who they are against, keeps the morale up and the numbers (of players) up. I hope that our way of thinking and scheduling pays off next week when we travel to Westwood but if we lose, we will shake hands and get you next year. :thumb:
Doc, first of all good post and as for the bolded.......

1. No, I certainly won't be mad or give you any grief for voicing your opinion. After all this site would be pretty dang boring if all had the same opinons on everything. Also, once a Ram always a Ram and we are all in the "Orange Mafia" and are as one on the really important matters like Raceland Football:thumb:.

2. I agree on scheduling weak opposition for a while when you are trying to build a program but imo at some point you have to schedule up just if no other reason to see how good you really are. Scheduling weak every year will for the most part promise you of a certain number of wins every season and some of those years you would actually have a good team every few years or so. I believe to have a good program at some point and time you have to schedule up and stick with it but that is jmo.

3. Absolutely! Should we lose I certainly wouldn't like it at all (who likes losing? I know I wouldn't want them on my team/side)but would be one of the first to congradulate the Eagles and hope we could turn the tables back in our favor the next time we meet.

You're right doc, there are always two sides to the coin and I don't really think either way of scheduling is necessarily wrong. If Fairview beats us this year we will shake hands be polite and see them in the playoffs or next season.

I know some people may think that I was bashing Fairview with this thread, but I really just want football to be as strong as possible in North-Eastern Kentucky and want programs to build. Nothing more, nothing less. But, I understand when a member starts a thread such as this, others will see it as bashing. So be it.

Ram as for the bolded I certainy agree, check my reply #3 on Docs post.

Also, this was another good post :thumb:. I must have taught you something in between all the "spirited support :clap:" that myself and others quietly suggested to you Ram teams when you played :sssh:

Ram as for the bolded I certainly agree, check my reply #3 on Docs post.

Also, this was another good post :thumb:. I must have taught you something in between all the "spirited support :clap:" that myself and others quietly suggested to you Ram teams when you played :sssh:

Quietly my hind parts. Spirited? Hey, you all were well immersed in the spirits.:lol:

Ram, you know me way too well to think that I would assume you were bashing Fairview or their ways. I always think you have great posts and ideas, heck, your posts and rants make this site worth reading. I know that you were only bringing up a question and posing it to the populous for us to opine. I am sorry if my outburst caused you to think this was directed at you.

Ram, you know me way too well to think that I would assume you were bashing Fairview or their ways. I always think you have great posts and ideas, heck, your posts and rants make this site worth reading. I know that you were only bringing up a question and posing it to the populous for us to opine. I am sorry if my outburst caused you to think this was directed at you.

Defiantly not meant toward you. We have to keep in mind for every response in this thread probably another 50 people read it without responding, so just a generalized statement.

:thumb:I know one thing for certain that I believe that everyone will agree on. On ct. 8th BOTH Fairview and Raceland are going to be playing a quality opponet!. :thumb:

Enough of this topic for me now, I am positve that there will be enough time and discussion next week on the Raceland/Fairview game.

Raceland has a game this Friday and cannot look ahead no matter what.

I'm going the other way on this. :jump: It has happened again and again. Fairview plays one of the weakest schedules in the state. So they are one of the smallest schools in the state. Thats the excuse fans and others use when they need an excuse for who they play. But at the same time they want to be ranked and talked about like they are one of the best. Beating four teams with a combined record of 1-23 isn't really saying I should be ranked in the top 10 in the state. :rolleyes:Of the other two teams only one of them have a winning record. 3-2. So lets get this straight. They want to be thought of as tough, good and one of the best in the state. But use the excuse to play weak teams year in year out because we are such a small school. Isn't that having your cake and eating it too. Now they my bury us next week. I don't know. But then I don't know if we are deserving to be a top 10 team!! Top 15 yes. We will see in a few weeks after the LCA game. I believe fairview has a good team. But at this point we don't know how good because they haven't played anybody. We will see how good after they play Raceland and LCA. Beating one and playing tough against the other will tell. Beating the Rams and getting blown out by LCA will tell you they got up for the RAM game. Rivaly games go crazy ways sometimes. So it's my belief that they have to beat either LCA and or Raceland. And play the other tough to be considered a top 10 team because of the schedule they play. Hey, all I'm saying is they play two teams that are good year in year out. Thats because they have to!! I'm not talking about their kids. All they can do is go out and play whoever they have been scheduled to play. And they have done that well this year so far!!!:clap:

I'm directing all this at the AD and coaching staff. They need to have more faith in the players. And that the coaching staff can teach and coach against better teams. Teams like the Russell's, Pikeville's, Greenup Co's, Lawrence Co's ect.

The excuse of figuring gas,transportation costs etc is the excuse I love to hear. How far is it to play Ashland,Russell, Greenup? Fact is they may have a decent team this season and should be commended for giving the tranfer athletes a "better life" in Westworld. How many other students have they done this for? Raceland has a very young team and Fairview may win against us, but we still have the nuggets to play the bigger schools year in and year out.

Why do people care about this topic? Not being mean but guys come on why is it Fairview's fault Boyd and East Carter are terrible? Bracken I will give you is bad but everyone needs a win early on schedule. Other than that I see nothing with their schedule maybe play a Greenup or Russell if it can be worked out. Let's just be happy area teams are doing well and hope our area teams do well down the stretch and in playoffs. Good luck to all teams.

Why do people care about this topic? Not being mean but guys come on why is it Fairview's fault Boyd and East Carter are terrible? Bracken I will give you is bad but everyone needs a win early on schedule. Other than that I see nothing with their schedule maybe play a Greenup or Russell if it can be worked out. Let's just be happy area teams are doing well and hope our area teams do well down the stretch and in playoffs. Good luck to all teams.

Boredom, recession, nothing better to do? :laugh: I agree, I'm glad you guys are 6-0, just want it to be 6-1 after next week.:thumb: Probably see you guys scouting us at the game. The concession in the East endzone on the visitor's side should be open and ready for you.........

Guys I don't mean to start anything. But I have to say what I feel. It wouldn't be right not to. Thats why there is a BGP. It's not to pamper and say what you don't want to say because you don't want to hurt feelings. It's to discuss topics and say what you are thinking. Respectful as possible. I try to do that. I do believe Fairview has a good team. You can't blow any team out (good or bad) without being good yourself. And Fairview has done that. This isn't about the talent on the team. They have it. It's about scheduling!!! The players do a heck of a job doing what they have to do. And thats play good football and put wins on the board. The kids do their job!!!

Guys I don't mean to start anything. But I have to say what I feel. It wouldn't be right not to. Thats why there is a BGP. It's not to pamper and say what you don't want to say because you don't want to hurt feelings. It's to discuss topics and say what you are thinking. Respectful as possible. I try to do that. I do believe Fairview has a good team. You can't blow any team out (good or bad) without being good yourself. And Fairview has done that. This isn't about the talent on the team. They have it. It's about scheduling!!! The players do a heck of a job doing what they have to do. And thats play good football and put wins on the board. The kids do their job!!!

I was only having some fun, Coach. I agree, this site is to express our points of view but that being said, fairview will do what they want and feel good about it. I, personally, feel good knowing we are 4-2 and have lost to 2 very good teams. I am of the school of thought that is how you improve and apparently, so do the powers that be at Raceland. 6-0 would be great but last time I checked, we couldn't schedule UK or Marshall. LOL

I am of the school of thought that is how you improve and apparently, so do the powers that be at Raceland. 6-0 would be great but last time I checked, we couldn't schedule UK or Marshall. LOL

:laugh:Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are.....that's funny.

Lord doc, you should apologize.:sssh::lol: