Is this the year Monroe County goes large?

theguru

I hope so!!! As the saying here in Monroe goes 1-0, 1-0....Our district is got to be the toughest in the state this year with three of the four teams being loaded. I am sure that everyone thinks that we have not played anyone, but if this was any other year would that be said as well? I am looking forward to the last 4 games...Franklin-Simpson, Glasgow, Green and then the big ACS!!!!

Thanks for the shout G! It does not seem that anyone in the North gives us here in the south any thought...We have to get through a tough district play to get there, but the winner of our district has home field all the way to BG this year. I will say that the winner of our district will more than likely be the state champions this year!!!

I think about it.

From a selfish standpoint I like to see different teams in the finals and I would like to see Monroe make it to the finals this year.

Plus, when different teams has success I think it raises the bar for KY high school football.

I think about it.

From a selfish standpoint I like to see different teams in the finals and I would like to see Monroe make it to the finals this year.

Plus, when different teams has success I think it raises the bar for KY high school football.

And, consequently, for BGP.

An interesting point for you guys mentioning Washington County is that Monroe County would have to play at Washington in a possible regional final. The Falcons would host the state semifinals, which looks like Murray or Owensboro Catholic right now, although I think Fort Campbell might eventually get there.

If they get to the finals they certainly can win. But Newport Central Catholic looks awfully strong from the eastern side.

If there was a year to advance out of the west, this is it for Monroe County.

I agree this is the chance for Monroe County it is theirs to take, probably won't be this way next year. FC is honestly just not going to get it done this year & Murray has a schedule stacked with a lot of inferior teams - probably not as good as their record. I would personally watch out for those Aces from Owensboro Catholic. OC is cruising under the radar and are normally a handful in the playoffs. I would be for Monroe should they meet up with OC.

Oc has always been a thorn in our side in the past. They bring a lot to the table every time we see them. We have not played them in a couple years now so it would be interesting to see how this game would turn out. We have to get through our district first. With Glasgow beating Green by one last night it shows me that both teams are hungry for a deep run, and it would not surprise me to see both the games with them go to the wire!!! I am hoping for a run to BG this year, but I will be humble and say one game at a time!! Go Falcons!!!!