North Oldham vs. Fort Knox

'ol#70

Who wins this one?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this one?

If North doesn't get win against this 1-3 team' date=' they can turn out the lights. Ft. Knox not hittin' on much this year. Only win against KCD. North needs this win badly going into district play against Henry County.[/quote']

You obviously haven't tracked Knox this year... Fort Knox has fared well on the field against a brutal schedule.

Three losses were by 5 to Bethlehem (4-1 and having a superb year), by 8 to 2A Hancock County (4-1, with a win over 5A team, and their only loss to undefeated 5A Grayson County - that 8 point loss was the closest anyone other than Grayson has come to Hancock County this year), and by 2 to Fort Campbell (Fort Campbell is 1-4, but their four losses have been to 3 Tennessee powers and to 5A defending champ Paducah Tilghman).

The lone Fort Knox win was over a top-10 ranked KCD team that returns nearly everyone from last year's squad and which features one of most dynamic offenses in the class.

In short, Fort Knox probably should go into this game as the favorite on paper. They have proven quite a bit on the field. North better be ready to play a fundamentally sound game.... The thing about a young team, however, is you never know when things are going to start to "click" - if it's this week, the Mustangs could well pull out the win. The tools are there.

I would venture a guess that FK will have more speed on the field than NO has seen all year. I commend the staff at FK they have this ship righted and sailing in the right direction.

Haven't seen Knox, but that's quite a statement if you think they are faster than Jeffersontown (North's opponent in Week 2). Myself, I seriously doubt that Knox is faster than Jtown, whose entire lineup is speed, speed, and more speed.