Michigan 28 Notre Dame 24

dolamite

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more on the Robinson bandwagon. What a performance!

Robinson is the man, but I think Michigan defense has been good as well when you consider that they lost like 5 guys they thought would be contributing in the secondary during the off-season.

Also I think Rich Rod needs credit for developing Robinson as well. DRob has come a long way in terms of being a passer.

I'm still on the Rich Rod is the right man for the Michigan job bandwagon. Feel free to hop on before it's too late.

Im with you and have been with you. Rods a good coach and built a solid program at West Virginia and he will restore Michigan as well. Carr didn't leave him with over whelming talent, and certainly not the talent Rodriguez needed to be in his system. Anyone who thinks you can come in and build a program back from scratch in a year or two is crazy. In football with personnel changes and system changes it can take anywhere from 3-5 years just to get it in the right direction, Rod is a good coach and I will stick by that for a long time.

When I was pursuing my teaching and coaching degree one season the team I was coaching on went to Bowling Green St. for a camp and I got to spend a lot of time with Steve Bird who had spent quite a bit of time with Rich at West Virginia. We told him we was interested in the stuff the ran there and he came back with the biggest three ring binder that had a WV helmet on it and said West Virginia 2003-2004 Offensive Playbook, he said take what you need, I will get someone to copy it for you. So basically the whole week we studied nothing but the stuff Rich and his assistants had come up with and after doing so I was very impressed in Rodriguez. Guy is good and has a system that works, and will work in the power run Big 10.

Im with you and have been with you. Rods a good coach and built a solid program at West Virginia and he will restore Michigan as well. Carr didn't leave him with over whelming talent, and certainly not the talent Rodriguez needed to be in his system. Anyone who thinks you can come in and build a program back from scratch in a year or two is crazy. In football with personnel changes and system changes it can take anywhere from 3-5 years just to get it in the right direction, Rod is a good coach and I will stick by that for a long time.

When I was pursuing my teaching and coaching degree one season the team I was coaching on went to Bowling Green St. for a camp and I got to spend a lot of time with Steve Bird who had spent quite a bit of time with Rich at West Virginia. We told him we was interested in the stuff the ran there and he came back with the biggest three ring binder that had a WV helmet on it and said West Virginia 2003-2004 Offensive Playbook, he said take what you need, I will get someone to copy it for you. So basically the whole week we studied nothing but the stuff Rich and his assistants had come up with and after doing so I was very impressed in Rodriguez. Guy is good and has a system that works, and will work in the power run Big 10.

Dolamite do you still have any of that stuff? I have his playbooks from 2003 and 2005, but I'd always like to add on if/when possible.

Dolamite do you still have any of that stuff? I have his playbooks from 2003 and 2005, but I'd always like to add on if/when possible.

I think I have some of it somewhere. Most of mine is just scratch stuff though jotted down on paper being the head coach got all of the stuff that was copied into binders and dvds. He is coaching down state somewhere now but If I can get up with him I'm sure he'd copy and send me a bunch of stuff.

A lot of the notes I got were obviously with the zone running/blocking schemes. The thing that always sticks out in my mind is what Bird kept saying was Rich's philosophy on running the ball, and it was three things. Grass, Angles, and Numbers. Said for every play you needed to have room to run to (wide side of field), angles to block, and numbers on your side.

I'll try to find some of my stuff for you.