Brossart 42 Trimble County 6

aptr

When do they play someone from Northern Kentucky? It's hard to see how good they are when the are playing Betsy Layne and Trimble County. I know that Beechwood will be the class in the district but is Brossart catching up to the rest of the pack? With Ludlow, Dayton and Bellevue having possible down years, it could be Brossart or Walton as the two seed.

When do they play someone from Northern Kentucky? It's hard to see how good they are when the are playing Betsy Layne and Trimble County. I know that Beechwood will be the class in the district but is Brossart catching up to the rest of the pack? With Ludlow, Dayton and Bellevue having possible down years, it could be Brossart or Walton as the two seed.

Mustangs have two more non-district games - Caverna and Eminence prior to embarking on the Northern Kentucky 1-A schedule. Beginning on September 25 the Mustangs will take on Ludlow, Bellevue, Walton-Verona, Beechwood, and Dayton in succession.

Don't be so hasty tabbing Brossart and Walton as heir to the second seed. Bellevue certainly doesn't need any bulletin board material. The Black and Gold Tigers defeated Newport this week, citing the fact that rumors of their demise is greatly exaggerated.

In competing with Beechwood, Bellevue, Ludlow, and Dayton over the past three years, the Brossart Mustangs own a total of one district win over Dayton. Until we prove that we have arrived on the field of play we will not assume anything.

I do believe that the Mustangs are making huge strides in becoming a competitive 1A football program. We seem to have indeed turned the corner from our football exploits of a couple of years back. Our numbers are good with 40 JV-Varsity players on the roster this year and 40 more waiting in the wings on our Colts Junior High Program.

I credit coaching, confidence, and maturity for the releative success of the Brossart football program in the last two seasons. We seem to be successful in all of our athletic endavors and felt that it would only be a matter of time before our football Mustangs would represent us in a competitive manner on the gridiron.