Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Basketball 2010-11 Schedule Released

Featured Replies

Not many surprises. Maui Invt'l. Visiting UNC & UL. Hosting IU & playing in Louisville vs. Notre Dame. One slight surprise is ending the season with Tennessee instead of Florida. First exb. game on Nov. 1st vs. Pikeville. First real game Nov 12th vs. East Tennessee State.

 

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1118308

  • Author

Looks like we posted around the same time.

 

Decent schedule, when considering Maui. The toughness of it will be determined by how good North Carolina, UL, IU, & Notre Dame will be. I'd like to guess our record now, but that's hard to do w/o knowing Kanter's status. From what I've been reading, it may not be the smooth-sailing most of us thought. Seems his team in Turkey isn't cooperating with UK/NCAA because they want him back & they want to prevent other players from doing what he's doing. Could get interesting, because if Turkey doesn't help out, then Kanter either: 1) Doesn't get eligibility or 2) Gets eligibility, but in the "Play him at your own risk" form.

Looks like we posted around the same time.

 

Decent schedule, when considering Maui. The toughness of it will be determined by how good North Carolina, UL, IU, & Notre Dame will be. I'd like to guess our record now, but that's hard to do w/o knowing Kanter's status. From what I've been reading, it may not be the smooth-sailing most of us thought. Seems his team in Turkey isn't cooperating with UK/NCAA because they want him back & they want to prevent other players from doing what he's doing. Could get interesting, because if Turkey doesn't help out, then Kanter either: 1) Doesn't get eligibility or 2) Gets eligibility, but in the "Play him at your own risk" form.

 

Sorry about that. I tried to go back and delete mine, but couldn't. I really hope Enes gets eligible soon, if we don't have him available, that would be a big blow to our success imo. I didn't think it would that big of a deal since the NCAA changed their rules regarding players in Enes's situation. Let's keep our fingers crossed on this one. I am glad we are in Maui, really enjoying watching that tournament.

  • Author
Sorry about that. I tried to go back and delete mine, but couldn't. I really hope Enes gets eligible soon, if we don't have him available, that would be a big blow to our success imo. I didn't think it would that big of a deal since the NCAA changed their rules regarding players in Enes's situation. Let's keep our fingers crossed on this one. I am glad we are in Maui, really enjoying watching that tournament.

 

If I'm understanding it right, the NCAA rule change isn't what's at issue here. The rule they reversed had to do with suspending a kid one NCAA game for every professional game played overseas. They overturned that because most every kid overseas who comes to play in the NCAA has played professionally or for a club team. The kid from West Virginia last year had to sit out 20 WVU games because he played in 20 "professional" games in Turkey.

 

But the deal with Kanter is that Turkey won't release the information that would prove he did not receive pay for play (with the exception of apparel & food, etc.). Without that information, UK would have to lean very heavily on Kanter's word. It could almost be like the Derrick Rose thing, where he's cleared but later ruled ineligible. Turkey doesn't want to help, because if Kanter has a good year & gets drafted high, the floodgates will open from there to the U.S. Thus, their league becomes less competitive/exciting.

 

Again, I'm not 100% sure on all this, but I think that's the big issue right now. If Kanter gets a "Cleared, But Play Him At Your Own Risk" card, it'll be interesting to see what Cal/UK does.

If I'm understanding it right, the NCAA rule change isn't what's at issue here. The rule they reversed had to do with suspending a kid one NCAA game for every professional game played overseas. They overturned that because most every kid overseas who comes to play in the NCAA has played professionally or for a club team. The kid from West Virginia last year had to sit out 20 WVU games because he played in 20 "professional" games in Turkey.

 

But the deal with Kanter is that Turkey won't release the information that would prove he did not receive pay for play (with the exception of apparel & food, etc.). Without that information, UK would have to lean very heavily on Kanter's word. It could almost be like the Derrick Rose thing, where he's cleared but later ruled ineligible. Turkey doesn't want to help, because if Kanter has a good year & gets drafted high, the floodgates will open from there to the U.S. Thus, their league becomes less competitive/exciting.

 

Again, I'm not 100% sure on all this, but I think that's the big issue right now. If Kanter gets a "Cleared, But Play Him At Your Own Risk" card, it'll be interesting to see what Cal/UK does.

 

It's a no brainer. You DON'T play him. I think (hope) Cal learned a very valuable lesson from the Rose/Memphis situation. I just don't think Mr. Barnhart and Mr. Todd would be willing to take this gamble.

Speaking on the schedule...I like it. Should be some good tests early on.

  • Author
It's a no brainer. You DON'T play him. I think (hope) Cal learned a very valuable lesson from the Rose/Memphis situation. I just don't think Mr. Barnhart and Mr. Todd would be willing to take this gamble.

 

Agree that Mitch & Todd wouldn't gamble on it, but I'm not so sure they're the ones that will have the final say. Call me a conspiracy guy if you want, but I don't think anybody tells John Calipari what to do @ UK. If Cal would want to play Kanter, he'll play. But I agree with you that I wouldn't roll the dice. If it would blow up in our face, the scrutiny would be out of control.

  • Author
Speaking on the schedule...I like it. Should be some good tests early on.

 

That's what I like Maui, and particularly this field of quality teams.

 

I also like not ending the season with Florida.

I also like not ending the season with Florida.

 

Hasn't it usually ended with Florida the past couple of years?

On ESPN/CBS 21 times. That tops last season. Interesting that ESPN is carrying the IU game and not CBS? Would really like to see UK play UC in the US Bank arena. That would be a hot game.

Hasn't it usually ended with Florida the past couple of years?

 

It has, but it looks like execs believe UK/UT is a little saucier than UK/UF.

Hasn't it usually ended with Florida the past couple of years?

 

Every year since 1999.

More games on ESPN U than I rememeber last season.

More games on ESPN U than I rememeber last season.

 

Glad I finally have it in HD.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.