Holy Cross Louisville 54 Henry County 24

It wasn't a coaching thing as much as it was very poor execution. I realize proper execution is taught by coaches, but they can't go on the field and make the plays. Dropped passes by the boatloads, missed tackles, every fundamental mistake you don't expect veteran players to make seemed to be common. I never expected to see these guys get beat physicaly as bad as they did either, but LHC beat them down pretty bad.

I don't know why they would be a sleeper because they are obviously very good all around, but if there is any validity to the class system at all it should not have been a 30 point game. I hope and pray my expectations for my team are not as far off as this game made them feel, and on the other hand I realize this is the first game of the season and we are still one very talented player short. I certainly am not throwing in the towel and I know the Wildcats won't either.

It definitely was not something worth the $7.00 gate fee to watch if you are a Wildcat fan. LHC will win a lot of games this year. Henry has a ways to go before it can post a win. Enough blame to go around. Bad receiving, poor blocking and very poor tackling, special teams were poor on kick off coverage. Henry still has some on the injured list that can contribute. South Oldham got a big win last night. Henry travels there next Friday night. It doesn't get any easier. Short time to make all the improvements needed. But it will happen. Stay tuned.

Holy Cross went down 10-0 and then established themselves gradually after that . Cross was up 21-17 with about 3 munites to go and Henry got the ball on about their own 30 . Their coach decided to try and put some points on the board by passing and every incompletion killed the clock , they went 3 and out and Cross got the ball back with about 1:50 to go and went about 50 yards in a minute and went up 28-17 right before half . Big mistake on Henry's part . Cross absolutely dominated the 2nd half , to the ppint of Henry seeming like they almost quit . Very dominant performance by Cross and hopefully a sign of things to come . Cross deserves all of the credit for dominating a good Henry team .

For the last 2-3 years Henry County has come a long way in football. After last season they were finally a known and well respected team in 3A. Last year they did lose a lot of talent but that cant be the excuse anymore. They may have lost some talent but i know for a fact there is still a lot of talent left at HC. The past players and current players worked so hard to get Henry County known and respected by so many people, i just hope this year it doesn't come crashing down. It was just the first game these boys have a long way to go. Dont count the Cats out just yet.....

Holy Cross went down 10-0 and then established themselves gradually after that . Cross was up 21-17 with about 3 munites to go and Henry got the ball on about their own 30 . Their coach decided to try and put some points on the board by passing and every incompletion killed the clock , they went 3 and out and Cross got the ball back with about 1:50 to go and went about 50 yards in a minute and went up 28-17 right before half . Big mistake on Henry's part . Cross absolutely dominated the 2nd half , to the ppint of Henry seeming like they almost quit . Very dominant performance by Cross and hopefully a sign of things to come . Cross deserves all of the credit for dominating a good Henry team .
Thanks for the complament, I would be suprised if you guys don't have a great season.