Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oldham County/Conner predictions

Oldham Co vs. Conner. Who wins? 31 members have voted

  1. 1. Oldham Co vs. Conner. Who wins?

    • Oldham County Colonels
      54%
    • Conner Cougars
      45%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Oldham County plays Conner in the first game of the Oldham County Kickoff Classic on Saturday night at 6 pm. Who wins?

 

5A Oldham County is looking for its third consecutive district title...

 

6A Conner got the win over the Colonels last year in a hard-fought affair....

  • Author

The results in this poll are very surprising so far...

  • Author
I look for Conner to have a hard time moving the ball vs. OC.

 

I suspect you are correct. Obviously, I can be accused of of rooting for the home team here, but in 31 years of covering HS sports, I've never been accused of being blind... Of course, first games are the most unpredictable of all, but Conner is pretty much re-building after having a tremendous squad last year with only four returning starters and the key to the offense (QB West) gone. Oldham is pretty much the same team that lost in a hard-fought battle to Conner last year, but with an extra year of seasoning. The defense appears to be Oldham's strong suit, but both lines return virtually intact, and the linebacking corps will likely be one of the area's best. The top two running backs are both back, and on special teams, both kickers return, including a placekicker who can hit 40+ and a punter with a hangtime of 4+ seconds...

 

Of course, Conner is the larger school, and that comes with some of its own advantages, and the Cougars are very well-coached. Inexperience doesn't translate into lack of talent, and I'm sure the Cougars will have plenty of talented athletes on the sidelines.

 

Both teams have new quarterbacks this year, but in the Oldham system, the quarterback doesn't have to make so many plays on their own.

 

I'm picking Oldham to win this one, 17-0.

I know very little about Conner but wasn't terribly impressed with Oldham in their when over Henry in our srimmage. They do have an awesome punter and they controled the line of scrimmage for the mast part. I misjudged OC last year based on the same scrimmage,but I'm going with Conner on this one.

I think Oldham Co. is starting 4 sophomores on defense. I am assuming these are first year starters. Conner will attack the inexperience and have success. Looking forward to a good game. Conner is classed as 6A, but will be moving to 5A which their current enrollment numbers reflect.

Looks like the poll has a Nky lean to it. Commercial won a close game in 2009, but lost some key while OF apparently returns most of their players. Just based on theses facts I'd have go with the Colonels.

  • Author
I think Oldham Co. is starting 4 sophomores on defense. I am assuming these are first year starters. Conner will attack the inexperience and have success. Looking forward to a good game. Conner is classed as 6A, but will be moving to 5A which their current enrollment numbers reflect.

 

8 seniors and 3 juniors, all with varsity experience, and most who started last year. Inexperience is not going to be a problem for Oldham County's defense.

  • Author
I know very little about Conner but wasn't terribly impressed with Oldham in their when over Henry in our srimmage. They do have an awesome punter and they controled the line of scrimmage for the mast part. I misjudged OC last year based on the same scrimmage,but I'm going with Conner on this one.

 

Not all coaches look to "win" scrimmages, although Oldham did win the scrimmage against Henry. Oldham gets a lot of kids a lot of work in scrimmages, and typically tries a lot of combinations they may never try again. Many other coaches use scrimmages the same way, which is why scrimmages aren't always a good barometer of a team's future success...

I would say they intended on winning, they did go to the bone late and were not trying hard to score, but they just didn't seem to be overly athletic as a team to me.

  • Author
I would say they intended on winning, they did go to the bone late and were not trying hard to score, but they just didn't seem to be overly athletic as a team to me.

 

I'm sure they intended to win - and were trying to win - I'm just saying I know Coach Brown's biggest focus on the lone scrimmage is to learn all the things he can learn about his team - all of his team - in the only real "live" opportunity he has, since they choose to keep the bye week and play just one scrimmage. I know a lot of other coaches who approach scrimmages in exactly the same way...which means...we all get to see a lot of things and personnel we may never see again...

 

That said, I'm not sure OC has the burners at some spots they've had in past years, but I think they may have better overall athletes across the board.

Looks like the poll has a Nky lean to it. Commercial won a close game in 2009,.

 

Commercial?

Colonels' defense is the factor. They win 14 - 7.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.