Pikeville-Somerset predictions

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, you mean the 2000 season, Pikeville was 9-1 in regular season, and the Region 4 Champions. Who was that one loss to?

Somerset 34

Pikeville 28

Even though it's the cool thing to do, I'm not going to talk about the past. I just know the post-2000 Pikeville/Somerset series will be evened up on Friday night.

Oh yeah, you mean the 2000 season, Pikeville was 9-1 in regular season, and the Region 4 Champions. Who was that one loss to?

Somerset 34

Pikeville 28

Even though it's the cool thing to do, I'm not going to talk about the past.

Uh, that's what you just did, lol...that game was in overtime (Pikeville dominated and the zebras were a huge factor in that game.)

Actually Tremayne Perkins who is at EKU now had like 5 touchdowns for Somerset and one punt return for a touchdown called back. I don't know how Pikeville dominated if they couldn't control one person. That was a great game and I hope this Friday is a great game as well. Good luck to both teams.

Actually Tremayne Perkins who is at EKU now had like 6 touchdowns for Somerset and one punt return for a touchdown called back. I don't know how Pikeville dominated if they couldn't control one person. That was a great game and I hope this Friday is a great game as well. Good luck to both teams.

Somerset only scored 5 TDs, 1 being in overtime. Don't know if Perkins scored all 5...agree with you about hoping for another great game and good luck...the fans have made enough noise, it's time for the players to decide it on the field. Hoping for an injury-free game for both teams. I'm out. :thumb: :walk:

Uh, that's what you just did, lol...that game was in overtime (Pikeville dominated and the zebras were a huge factor in that game.)

I was making one comment, that was a point I have made and will not discuss anymore, unlike the continuing discussions of Pikeville's 6pt win in 2003 and beating a young football team with 4 seniors on it last year. I just made a point about Somerset knocking off a very good Pikeville team that finished 12-2 and Region 4 Champs. That is what I have been saying the whole time. Everyone wants to discuss years past. I'm excited about this football game, and I will see you all back here after the game because this thread is going nowhere.

Amen to that. What do you foresee each team trying to do in this game? What are the keys and deciding factors?

Honestly I know that Pikeville is the underdog this year and will have to play a great game to win at Somerset. Somerset has a great program and it is never easy to win at the Briar Patch. For Pikeville to have a chance they have to play a great game defensively, which I know they are capable of doing. They have been playing great defense the past 7 quarters not allowing a single point against Paintsville(after the 1st Quarter) and Harlan but Somerset is better than those 2 teams. The Hazard game throws up some red flags and if Pikeville plays even close to how they played at Hazard then this game is over at halftime. I think the deciding factor is the Pikeville defense vs. the Somerset offense...whoever wins that matchup I think wins the game. Good luck to the Jumpers and if you guys win this week then I hope you guys go all the way.