Russell 59 Henry County 29

GOREDDEVILS

THank you as well. Yeah was getting the scores, but you were giving me a much better insight as to what was going on.

I think both games next week should be good ball games. I will say this. East Carter has a better defense than Fleming. But maybe Fleming played there best defensive game tonight, I don't know.

I'm looking forward to seeing the size of Mercers front line. I've heard they are huge.

THank you as well. Yeah was getting the scores, but you were giving me a much better insight as to what was going on.

I think both games next week should be good ball games. I will say this. East Carter has a better defense than Fleming. But maybe Fleming played there best defensive game tonight, I don't know.

I'm looking forward to seeing the size of Mercers front line. I've heard they are huge.

Mercer is very big on the O line. Not sure of the size lines you guys have played this year but this may be the biggest one. One boy is like 6'8 335 or something like that. He's good to not just one of those big boys who cant move and just lays on you. He can move blocks pretty good. But I still think you guys will be by a decent margin.

Great game Devils! Saw the Henry County tour bus on the side of the road in Raceland this morning... Did their bus breakdown after leaving "The Hank"? That would be adding insult to injury on a Friday nite after losing.

That is correct ... the bus broke down just after getting on the highway... so much for a charter! My son called, after a two hour wait and said... the good people of Russell sent two buses and voluntered to take the boys back. That is a selfish display of sportsmanship. The people of Russell should be proud-they are first class. My son got home at 4:30 in the morning, but was very relieved he did not have to wait for another charter to come from Louisville. The Russell school district should be commended for their kindness and I know the people of Henry Co. really appreciate it. I only hope that one day, our football program can grow to one that is respected as well as Russell's. Thanks again Red Devil's and good luck the rest of the way.

Knute is proud of your committment to sportsmanship.

That is correct ... the bus broke down just after getting on the highway... so much for a charter! My son called, after a two hour wait and said... the good people of Russell sent two buses and voluntered to take the boys back. That is a selfish display of sportsmanship. The people of Russell should be proud-they are first class. My son got home at 4:30 in the morning, but was very relieved he did not have to wait for another charter to come from Louisville. The Russell school district should be commended for their kindness and I know the people of Henry Co. really appreciate it. I only hope that one day, our football program can grow to one that is respected as well as Russell's. Thanks again Red Devil's and good luck the rest of the way.

Sorry to hear about the bus problem.

Did you make it to the game? If so could you give a thought or two on the Russell/Mercer matchup, being one that has seen both teams in action?

Im glad the people out there at the bus garage took your Boys back to Henry County. Good Luck Next Season. Maybe we will meet Henry County Again in the Playoffs. Again sorry to hear the charter broke down.

I am not at all surprised by the show of sportsmanship...Sam Sparks (Athletic Director) and all the Russell administration are FIRST CLASS!! Leadership like this is a main reason why we have such a proud tradition and reputation at Russell... :thumb:

I know that had to be tough on everyone to be so far away and have this happen so late at night...I'm glad to hear everyone got home safely...

I am not at all surprised by the show of sportsmanship...Sam Sparks (Athletic Director) and all the Russell administration are FIRST CLASS!! Leadership like this is a main reason why we have such a proud tradition and reputation at Russell... :thumb:

I know that had to be tough on everyone to be so far away and have this happen so late at night...I'm glad to hear everyone got home safely...

Thanks again :walk: that would have been us without the bus