Yonder Alonso

How does Phillips factor in? I think it's safe to say Votto is a little more humble and has more humility than BP; therefore he might be more willing.. But who knows.

I'm just saying if it was that easy it would be done way more often. If you are Joey Votto and you are having an MVP type season would you really wanna switch positions in the off season because some kid in the minors MIGHT be pretty good?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just saying if it was that easy it would be done way more often. If you are Joey Votto and you are having an MVP type season would you really wanna switch positions in the off season because some kid in the minors MIGHT be pretty good?
Especially because he isn't that good right now ...

If you were a true team player yes. Ask Pete Rose that question and see how quick it takes for him to say yes.

If you were a true team player yes. Ask Pete Rose that question and see how quick it takes for him to say yes.

If you knew it made your team better than I would agree, what if he doesn't think he can play the OF? However we have no idea how this one would turn out.

Especially because he isn't that good right now ...

What does he have to do to prove to you that he is becoming a pretty good player? Everybody has him the top rated player in the Red's farm system now that Wood has been promoted.

Brandon Larson was a pretty good prospect too.

Never the top rated prospect in the organization though. I wish you hadn't brought him up as I am still trying to forget some of the mistakes that old leatherpants made with 5 tool players.

Wily Mo. :D Although Wily Mo got us Bronson.

You're killing me. At least somebody was smart enough to see the light to make that trade. And remember old leatherpants brought Wily Mo into DC a couple of years ago before they canned him.

Here was Baseball America's projected Red's lineup for 2012 published in January of 2009. I know this is just that a projection but it's something to think about. I think several things have probably changed on the lineup as Frazier is having an awful year and Cozart seems to have shot ahead of Valaika at ss. Harang's position is gone I'm sure and Bailey's may be in jeopardy as well the way Wood and Leake have performed.

PROJECTED 2012

LINEUP

Catcher Devin Mesoraco

First Base Yonder Alonso

Second Base Brandon Phillips

Third Base Todd Frazier

Shortstop Chris Valaika

Left Field Joey Votto

Center Field Drew Stubbs

Right Field Jay Bruce

No. 1 Starter Edinson Volquez

No. 2 Starter Johnny Cueto

No. 3 Starter Aaron Harang

No. 4 Starter Bronson Arroyo

No. 5 Starter Homer Bailey

Closer Francisco Cordero

From what I've heard, Votto is strongly resisting the move to the OF. If he doesn't buy into it, there is a huge downside that could greatly affect him. If the Reds could sign him to a longterm deal as a caveat and provide some security to Votto, then it could work.

Yeah, if he doesn't buy into the idea I definately wouldn't think about it. Joey's about half nuts, at times. Great player, just a head case sometimes.