Question for those close to Covington Catholic

jbwill2

Student Sections, going crazy at games, all of our little traditions. Some of my best memories were being in the student section at basketball games.

I've often wondered why the student section wears blaze orange to the home football games against Highlands . Are there a lot of deer hunters in Park Hills ? :D

I think it depends on who you would ask. Faculty at CCH would give you a more politically correct answer by telling you that it's just another of the many sports teams CCH has. I think the students and Alumni would tell you that they care more for football than most of the other sports (excluding basketball, and maybe baseball).

What exactly is involved in a "Colonel Crazy" career?

There were cheers and entire themes for games that took hours, days, and sometimes weeks (literally weeks) of time to coordinate. I know in my day, there were actually a few games where the faculty allowed to seniors a half hour at the end of the school day to assemble the whole student body and coordinate/choreograph cheers.

As a Colonel Crazy, you were part of this cheering section. As a Senior Crazy, you were in charge of making it happen.

There were cheers and entire themes for games that took hours, days, and sometimes weeks (literally weeks) of time to coordinate. I know in my day, there were actually a few games where the faculty allowed to seniors a half hour at the end of the school day to assemble the whole student body and coordinate/choreograph cheers.

As a Colonel Crazy, you were part of this cheering section. As a Senior Crazy, you were in charge of making it happen.

:thumb:

We would also plan the tailgates and/or entrances to the football stadium. For example, we organized a tailgate at NDA & marched from NDA to CCH. One time we also organized a little march down Dixie Highway to Dixie Heights HS.