If You're the Reds, Would You Make This Deal?

Would You Make This Trade?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Make This Trade?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

^Due $25.5 million over the next two seasons with a $15+ million club option in 2013.

Mainly just throwing it out there. The Dbacks are probably going to firesale mode, and Haren's name has been brought up as a big time trade chip. If the Reds would make a move, he'd come cheaper than Lee IMO.

I would consider that trade. Haren isn't as good as Lee but if that trade is realistic the Reds aren't giving up as much to get Haren. With Harang coming off the books this year Haren might be affordable. Haren's contract length seems perfect too. He would be a nice pitcher to have especially in a playoff series.

I forget the website that Mo Egger referenced, but he said that would be about all the M's could get for Lee but it would probably have been Wood rather than Maloney. I would make that trade for either of those two pitchers.

Edited by SSC

I think you know what you are going to get with Maloney but the jury is still out on Alonso. i don't think he is putting up the power numbers that we all thought we would get out of him. If that doesn't improve where do you play him? Do we want another Sean Casey type hitter at first base?

I think you know what you are going to get with Maloney but the jury is still out on Alonso. i don't think he is putting up the power numbers that we all thought we would get out of him. If that doesn't improve where do you play him? Do we want another Sean Casey type hitter at first base?

Who says he's playing first base? My guess is the Reds are set at the position for a few years.

Sure the Reds would make it ... Arizona would get fleeced in that one. They would receive much better offers for Haren than that one.

Which is why I asked, if Arizona would make the trade as well. I have no idea what they would be able to get in return for Haren. Would the addition of Heisey be enough?