Alicia Miller Enquirer Player Of The Year

Alright listen close I'll explain this so everyone can understand. 1. Coaches poll in No. Ky. has nothing to do with anything state wide. Just coaches in No. Ky. 2. All-State players nominated by coaches voted on by MEMBERS of all 3 classes so Bart Rison at Montgomery could vote for Walton players etc. 3. When NKAC All Stars come out only the Coaches in their division can vote like Division 3 picks Division 3 etc. Everyone got it? I am sure that people vote for all-state that have never seen players play so its scary what some may do.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright listen close I'll explain this so everyone can understand. 1. Coaches poll in No. Ky. has nothing to do with anything state wide. Just coaches in No. Ky. 2. All-State players nominated by coaches voted on by MEMBERS of all 3 classes so Bart Rison at Montgomery could vote for Walton players etc. 3. When NKAC All Stars come out only the Coaches in their division can vote like Division 3 picks Division 3 etc. Everyone got it? I am sure that people vote for all-state that have never seen players play so its scary what some may do.
When does this come out and is there a better representation of the coaches than in the Enquirer voting?

Big Green you nailed it, but all these polls are not a true picture. All the coaches e-mail their buddies an say "if you vote for my players I'll vote for yours", without even seeing some of the folks thier voting for. While their numbers might look good we all know the "fraudulant" stat keeping that some teams have, some of these girls numbers are way out of proportion. I've seen many line drives, fly balls, & hard hit grounders missed played by a fielder and are clearly errors that are counted as hits when you read the paper the next day.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #8

And sadly the better the teams the more accurate the stats. At least since Riherds records records etc now the records and who teams play are verifiable. Some don't take the time though to compare things like strength of schedule and the circumstances of a particular game (injuries, weather many factors)

Big Green you nailed it, but all these polls are not a true picture. All the coaches e-mail their buddies an say "if you vote for my players I'll vote for yours", without even seeing some of the folks thier voting for. While their numbers might look good we all know the "fraudulant" stat keeping that some teams have, some of these girls numbers are way out of proportion. I've seen many line drives, fly balls, & hard hit grounders missed played by a fielder and are clearly errors that are counted as hits when you read the paper the next day.

Too bad there isn't an "official" score keeper (not anyone associated with either team playing) who could keep stats. It is quite obvious that some coaches (and we're talking coaches of top teams), greatly inflate their stats. The coach knows it, the players know it, and quite a few parents are well aware of it. I assume that they just want their players to look better and thus make themselves look better. Those involved in softball are more than aware of who those coaches are - they're not fooling anyone; just makes them look bad.

Too bad there isn't an "official" score keeper (not anyone associated with either team playing) who could keep stats. It is quite obvious that some coaches (and we're talking coaches of top teams), greatly inflate their stats. The coach knows it, the players know it, and quite a few parents are well aware of it. I assume that they just want their players to look better and thus make themselves look better. Those involved in softball are more than aware of who those coaches are - they're not fooling anyone; just makes them look bad.

I was watching the 8th region tournament down in carroll county when Grant was playing Henry. It seemed to me that the 'announcer' was calling everything a base hit, even if it was clearly an error. Dropped pop ups were called singles and throwing errors to firstbase were called doubles. I'm not sure if what the announccer says is consistent with the stat keeper but if it is then there is something wrong. Does this not hurt the pitcher's stats?

Geez-Is this what you are reffering to?

Bottom line is that in the one head to head contest Walton came out on top. I was there and the score should have been worse than it was. Walton played a tough schedule this year and it paid off for them. Congrats to both teams for a great year and to Alicia Miller on a great honor.

Well we down here in Maysville inflate our stats just to get girls hitting .100 ya know hehe. Everyone does something different or sees it different. I bet a lot of guys that post here about stats haven't seen a game in years ya know. We see about 75 games a year. Maybelle used to play the game you know the slow game but softball is softball. You pitch it throw it catch it and sometimes like Maybelle you don't. Ya know though those top teams win and win and win some more. The bottom line is winning so congrats to Clark, Montgomery, Brossart and Harrison. They just have good coaches and win and win and win. There are always bumps in a long season. Sometimes as Maybelle says a fly sits in the soup so Walton won a couple of games but the 10th was pretty rocking this year. Geeez it was a good year

Ryle got on a roll at the end but her hubby is the brains there. I talked to the boy down at Maysville and he played for the Cincinnati Reds you know. Not everyone gets to play for the Reds Class A team thingee. So he may be. There are about 5 coaches though better down here in the 10th the 9th was weak. Jackie McCloud said in the paper down here last week 4 teams won more than any in 9th.
Just curious as to why you think the 10th is better than the 9th? Top to bottom I would say about dead even and neither is close to being in the top half in the state.

Well we down here in Maysville inflate our stats just to get girls hitting .100 ya know hehe. Everyone does something different or sees it different. I bet a lot of guys that post here about stats haven't seen a game in years ya know. We see about 75 games a year. Maybelle used to play the game you know the slow game but softball is softball. You pitch it throw it catch it and sometimes like Maybelle you don't. Ya know though those top teams win and win and win some more. The bottom line is winning so congrats to Clark, Montgomery, Brossart and Harrison. They just have good coaches and win and win and win. There are always bumps in a long season. Sometimes as Maybelle says a fly sits in the soup so Walton won a couple of games but the 10th was pretty rocking this year. Geeez it was a good year

Maybelle may have actually splashed some of that soup in your eyes because Walton won more than a few games. With wins over George Rogers Clark, Brossart, East Jessamine and losing to Ryle 7-6, Conner 2-0, its hard to says those wins were luck. They were a young team and were up and down at times. They lose no players and will be one of top teams in Northern Kentucky next year. If you make it up Walton Complex next year I will help wipe some of that soup out of your eyes.:D

Ninth only had two decent teams Conner and Ryle 10th had Clark, Brossart, Harrison, and Montgomery with Bracken as a spoiler. 8th had Henry Co. As far as Walton well kinda one year thing but they won't consistently play with the big boys. Ginn is a good hitter but not a pitcher that compares with Haggerd, Miller, and the two young ladies from Conner and Ryle. Her appeal is her hitting. She hits almost as good as peaches dreams of ya know

What does Henry in the 8th have to do with comparing the 9th and 10th? The 8th is much deeper than either the 9th or 10th. I don't know who you are considering big boys, but I think Walton had wins over both Brossart and Clark.

Ninth only had two decent teams Conner and Ryle 10th had Clark, Brossart, Harrison, and Montgomery with Bracken as a spoiler. 8th had Henry Co. As far as Walton well kinda one year thing but they won't consistently play with the big boys. Ginn is a good hitter but not a pitcher that compares with Haggerd, Miller, and the two young ladies from Conner and Ryle. Her appeal is her hitting. She hits almost as good as peaches dreams of ya know

One year thing? They have been to the regionals for the past two years with the same girls. They have wins over Clark, Brossart, East Jessamine, Grant County, Simon Kenton three times, and your mentioned Bracken County twice.

Ginn finshes first in Northern Kentucky with 33 doubles, Hargett 4th with 14, Ginn 1st with 63 hits, 5th with 46, Hargett 8th with 44. Home runs Hargett 1st with 6. RBI's Ginn and Hargett tied for 1st with 52.

Ginn finishes with a 2.39 era, 21 wins. The team finished with a school record 27 wins. All "A" district champions, state district champions, and state regional semi finalist. My goodness, I think they are one of the big boys in Northern Kentucky. They lost NOBODY off this team and have to be one of the favorites in Northern Kentucky next year.

Don't know how you can say it's kinda one year thing for Walton. They won 19 games in 08, 22 games in 09 and 26 games in 10. Looks like that's more than a one year thing if you know what I mean. Ginn has won the majority of those games. Looks like she's a pretty good pitcher that compare to those you mentioned. Maybe you and maybelle need to come up and watch them some more.