Alicia Miller Enquirer Player Of The Year

The Enquirer announced it's All Star teams today and Bishop Brossart's Alicia Miller was Northern Kentucky "Player of the Year" for all classes. She was joined on the All-Area Team by teammate Lindsay Griffith. Paige Baynum was honorable mention. The Lady 'Stangs finished ranked Number 1 in all of Northern Kentucky and a 28-9 season record. Miller was 25-9 with a 0.81 ERA while batting .436. She had ten shutouts. Griffith was the team's top hitter with 21 extrabase hits, 47 rbis and a .500 average. She was also a superb defensive catcher. Baynum was Northern Kentucky's premier defensive centerfielder.

Both Griffith and Miller are juniors and will be seniors in the fall. They both recently were selected All State as well.

Griffith will be receiving major honor as well next week that i can't announce yet.:sssh:

http://www.mustangathletics.org

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats the tough schedule paid off like Maybelle and i and everyone were saying. Where did Hausfeld and the girl from Ryle finish?

Congrats Alicia!

The girl from Ryle finished down at Owensboro in the state tournament so not too shabby for Smith and the Raiders. She will be in 8th grade come August.

And congrats to Patty Oliveria for being chosen as Cincinnati Enquirer Coach of the Year. Without question, one of the best (if not the best) softball coach in Northern Kentucky. She accomplished more with her team than any team in the area.

Ryle got on a roll at the end but her hubby is the brains there. I talked to the boy down at Maysville and he played for the Cincinnati Reds you know. Not everyone gets to play for the Reds Class A team thingee. So he may be. There are about 5 coaches though better down here in the 10th the 9th was weak. Jackie McCloud said in the paper down here last week 4 teams won more than any in 9th.

I'm sure he does do a lot but I would guess Patty has her own strong points when coaching. There is at least one other good team that I am aware of where the assistant coach is the brains of the team and does all the coaching while the head coach sits back and takes the credit. Up to you to figure out what team that is but pretty obvious if you have watched them play.

Your 100% right History this is about the Kid getting a great honor not about whining and taking shots. Some weirdo always has to be bring negativity into the thingee. Congrats Miss Miller and also to all the great coaches.

Hummm Riverdog - Wasn't it you who first brought to light that it was Patty's hubby that was the brians of the team? Me smells a hypocrite. Just piggy-backing about what you said about Ryle and I didn't even name the team where the asst. coach makes all the decisions. Yes, congrats to Miller - she deserved it. But don't start backtracking and stating things about my comments since you were the one who started it. Enough said.

Top 5 coaches? You only listed 4 teams!!! But even so, I have to wholeheartedly disagree that those are the "top 5 coaches." There is one in that bunch that the assistant coach does all the coaching and makes all the decisions. And yes, I have watched some softball.

Congrats to Miller. It is always nice to keep in the 10th region.

I do have to say one thing though about the top 5 coaches (I should I say 4) someone brought up on this thread. All 4 teams which were mentioned all had good pitching which makes the team look better especially in the NKY area where fast pitch is still in the developmental stages, especially in Campbell County. It will always be in developmentally stages until the league realizes to get rid of the slow pitch in their rec leagues and start these kids playing fast pitch (and I am not talking about the younger kids pitching until they are 8 or 10 years old). There are quite a few coaches out there where umpires said how much teams improved from game 1 to game 10 or whatever game you put out there. Some teams just did not have the pitching like the ones which were mentioned but their teams improved greatly. To me this shows how good a coach really is and I mean THE HEAD COACH.