Reports: McChrystal Relieved of Command

How in the world did the military let this happen? I'm a RS subscriber and their political writers are rough on both sides of the aisle. They're anti-war.

Isn't there someone in the military whose job it is to work with the press and make decisions as to who gets interviews and who doesn't? Who thought this was a good idea?

:thumb: :thumb:

I was a RS subscriber for a long time and couldn't imagine how the military thought this was a good idea to begin with.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is a sad situation. No matter how you feel about the war this is a set back. Not that the General can't be replaced, but the fact the men and women over their have lost their leader. How much of this hurts morale and how much of this hurts relationships with Afgan leaders?

Bottom line the adminstration need to find a way to get this war over with and accomplish the mission. How much does this affect the mission?

Funny how the left is in love with Petreus now when they used to call him Gen. Betrayus...

I agree and I said that in another thread yesterday. He (Petreaus) owns Obama now and once again Obama will be caught between what he told his followers he would do and the reality of life. This will ultimately make him look bad again, and Mr. Transparency, will be shown to be wearing no clothes again.

I personally wish that Obama hadn't accepted McChrystal's resignation. If he had to, he had to. But I personally feel it shouldn't have been done. Given the relationship Petreaus has with the locals, I suppose he's the best choice. And I do like that he's a supporter of the 2011 withdrawal commencement.

It is rater ironic. :sssh:

Ironic indeed. Remember Obama, Pelosi, Biden, Hillary, the biased media and the sort all but calling Petreus a stupid liar in regards to "The Surge"? They disrespected him in ways that pale in comparison to the Rolling Stone article. I'm surprised that Petreus accepted the job, unless he does in fact own them now. The same people are now calling Obama's choice brilliant. WOW!

Ironic indeed. Remember Obama, Pelosi, Biden, Hillary, the biased media and the sort all but calling Petreus a stupid liar in regards to "The Surge"? They disrespected him in ways that pale in comparison to the Rolling Stone article. I'm surprised that Petreus accepted the job, unless he does in fact own them now. The same people are now calling Obama's choice brilliant. WOW!

I remember the General catching crap from many. I don't recall then Sen. Obama being part of it. Did I miss it?

I remember the General catching crap from many. I don't recall then Sen. Obama being part of it. Did I miss it?

Must have, I did too. I heard the clip on the Bootz show this morning. I can't repeat it exactly but Obama was saying it didn't matter how many more troops were added for the surge, it was not going to work and was only a general pandering to a President that didn't get it. I'll see if I can find the clip.

Must have, I did too. I heard the clip on the Bootz show this morning. I can't repeat it exactly but Obama was saying it didn't matter how many more troops were added for the surge, it was not going to work and was only a general pandering to a President that didn't get it. I'll see if I can find the clip.

I'd be curious to hear it.