"Who Are You?"

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if he needs to have his jaw jacked. I think he was a little over the top, but I'm sick and tired of everybody and their brother feeling that it is their right to approach whomever, whenever and wherever and stick a microphone in their face and ask them whatever they want.

Does Aldrin need to have his jaw jacked, too? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUI36tPKDg4

BTW...you need to teach me how to embed these videos. :D

Wow. I'm having trouble justifying any of the Congressman's actions even if I admit we live in a "gotcha" society now. You have to be smoother than that, Congressman, and why would you ever put your hands on someone?

I'll disagree slightly with TG&G. I do think elected officials can be approached on the street and asked if they will answer questions.

Wow. I'm having trouble justifying any of the Congressman's actions even if I admit we live in a "gotcha" society now. You have to be smoother than that, Congressman, and why would you ever put your hands on someone?

I'll disagree slightly with TG&G. I do think elected officials can be approached on the street and asked if they will answer questions.

I agree.

I think everyone will agree that in what we see in this video, the Congressman's actions were over board. But I also kind of wish a few more people would go Buzz Aldrin and just jack some jaws of these people doing "trap interviews" or confrontaions. I don't think a Congressman is ever going to be able to pull a Buzz though. Why wouldn't the "students" say who they were?

I think everyone will agree that in what we see in this video, the Congressman's actions were over board. But I also kind of wish a few more people would go Buzz Aldrin and just jack some jaws of these people doing "trap interviews" or confrontaions. I don't think a Congressman is ever going to be able to pull a Buzz though. Why wouldn't the "students" say who they were?

What we don't know is if these students (if they are) had made any attempt to get their questions answered through non-confrontational channels. Did they email questions to him? Did they request an interview? Or did they just decide that they had the right to confront him on the street and stick a microphone in his face and have a video camera record him.

The congressman's best bet would be to just walk away. However, we don't know if this is the first time that he has been confronted in such a way previously.

For those of you that think that the congressman was wrong, do you feel the same about Aldrin's actions?

What we don't know is if these students (if they are) had made any attempt to get their questions answered through non-confrontational channels. Did they email questions to him? Did they request an interview? Or did they just decide that they had the right to confront him on the street and stick a microphone in his face and have a video camera record him.

The congressman's best bet would be to just walk away. However, we don't know if this is the first time that he has been confronted in such a way previously.

For those of you that think that the congressman was wrong, do you feel the same about Aldrin's actions?

First, Aldrin isn't/wasn't an elected official. Second, the students did not verbally assault the congressman. The man in the Aldrin video was verbally assaulting Aldrin. That is not an excuse for punching him but I sure can understand.

From what the video of Etheridge shows there is no excuse for his actions. I don't care who is sticking a microphone and camera in his face, it comes with the territory. He needs to smile, see what they want, answer with no comment if he doesn't like the question and move on.

In Aldrin's defense, his confronter, Bart Sibrel, had been after him for years. He had similarly attacked Armstrong and others.

In this situation, I would like to see the raw "uncut" footage. If it exists, I hope that someone posts it. I just have a feeling that there is more to this situation than is being presented here.

I don't know if he needs to have his jaw jacked. I think he was a little over the top, but I'm sick and tired of everybody and their brother feeling that it is their right to approach whomever, whenever and wherever and stick a microphone in their face and ask them whatever they want.

Does Aldrin need to have his jaw jacked, too? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUI36tPKDg4

BTW...you need to teach me how to embed these videos. :D

I view these two as totally different situations. The approach by the guy with Aldrin was far, far more aggressive. I don't think Buzz should have punched the guy though.

To embed the videos, all you need to do is click on the embed tab under the video, copy it and paste it in your reply.

First, Aldrin isn't/wasn't an elected official. Second, the students did not verbally assault the congressman. The man in the Aldrin video was verbally assaulting Aldrin. That is not an excuse for punching him but I sure can understand.

From what the video of Etheridge shows there is no excuse for his actions. I don't care who is sticking a microphone and camera in his face, it comes with the territory. He needs to smile, see what they want, answer with no comment if he doesn't like the question and move on.

I totally agree.

I view these two as totally different situations. The approach by the guy with Aldrin was far, far more aggressive. I don't think Buzz should have punched the guy though.

To embed the videos, all you need to do is click on the embed tab under the video, copy it and paste it in your reply.

I disagree. I have no problem with Aldrin hitting the guy. :D

I do understand that elected officials are different than private citizens. However, what Aldrin and Armstrong did was on the government tab. Sibrel (whom I detest) wasn't asking about Aldrin's private life. He was asking about his involvement in a very public government project.

Thanks for "teaching the teacher."