"Who Are You?"

I agree with one exception. In today's media there is no fact checking or verification done on many of these items. Anyone with a camera who watches people get punked can go out and goad someone, put it on youtube and away we go. Gossip mongering is the way of the internet and there is very little professionalism or true journalism involved in a lot of it. The one thing that I do like about today's immediate media, those in power can not use influence to bury stories. Information is readily available and easy to circulate to the masses. So on that side of things our public figures have to be on their best behavior more so than at any time in history.

That's the truth! With the convention of the 24/7 news channel, the rush nowadays is always to be the first to break the news - at the cost of checking facts and details before they post the headline. The way I see it, that's why so many news outlets find themselves spending so much time retracting and apologizing for misinformation. Any more, you have to take everything you watch on the news and see in the paper with a grain of salt - even if it appears to be as plain and simple as a video or a photograph.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not say equal incidents. I said related. If you cannot see that they are related, as Sibrel wasn't asking Aldrin about his personal life, but about one of the most significant public events in American history, paid for by American tax-payers dollars, then I feel as though you aren't being intellectually honest.

As it is, Sibrel is a cowardly thug. I have no time for the "moon hoax" conspiracy believers, even if they "play nice." However, this was the first incident that came to mind when I saw the video in the original post this morning.

Honest question, do you feel that our elected officials are more or less approachable, or at least should be, than the average Joe? Or the average astronaut in this scenario.