Poll: Class A, Region 4 Champion?

Who will win the Region 4 Championship?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Region 4 Championship?

I know everyone can make an argument when there isn't an outright district champion, but the region championship could feature a team from each district, two teams from the 8th, or two teams from the 7th. The Class A Preview states it best...this is the MOST wide open region in the state, and personally, I think it's the toughest.

:thumb: I'm by no means saying Paintsville is the best team in the district, because they weren't last Friday. My comment about all District 7 teams being average at best was complete sarcasm in response to Legaer comments. This region is wide open and I expect to see good games all the way through the region, starting this Friday.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen!

Don't take that comment about District 7 teams to heart, I was just simply saying if Paintsville is an average team at best according to Legaer then so is Hazard and Pikeville as they finished in a tie.

:thumb: I'm by no means saying Paintsville is the best team in the district, because they weren't last Friday. My comment about all District 7 teams being average at best was complete sarcasm in response to Legaer comments. This region is wide open and I expect to see good games all the way through the region, starting this Friday.

I was backing up your sarcasm. Again, I agree that this region is wide open. The intangibles will decide who wins this region. The favorites all have talent. They all have go-to players. They all have their bread and butter. Some pass. Some run. Some have good defenses. Some try to keep their defenses off the field. Coaching, mental preparation, scouting, focus, heart, desire, and will shall decide this region, because the talent basically cancels out. Each game will hold "X-Factor" players, and they won't be the big names. It will be the guys on special teams, in the trenches, and some in the secondary. Newell, Norman, Cole, Robinson, Huffman, Chaffin, Reynolds, Thompson, Mefford, Olinger, O' Steen, and so on will be the names you'll see in the Friday paper. They will be key, but I don't think they will decide this region.

I was backing up your sarcasm. Again, I agree that this region is wide open. The intangibles will decide who wins this region. The favorites all have talent. They all have go-to players. They all have their bread and butter. Some pass. Some run. Some have good defenses. Some try to keep their defenses off the field. Coaching, mental preparation, scouting, focus, heart, desire, and will shall decide this region, because the talent basically cancels out. Each game will hold "X-Factor" players, and they won't be the big names. It will be the guys on special teams, in the trenches, and some in the secondary. Newell, Norman, Cole, Robinson, Huffman, Chaffin, Reynolds, Thompson, Mefford, Olinger, O' Steen, and so on will be the names you'll see in the Friday paper. They will be key, but I don't think they will decide this region.

I wasn't sure what direction you were going with my statement, another good post by jumper. I agree, just reading this post got me excited about watching a playoff game Friday night.

I wasn't sure what direction you were going with my statement, another good post by jumper. I agree, just reading this post got me excited about watching a playoff game Friday night.

:banana: We're all excited!!!!!! It's been hard for me to focus on the last week or so with playoff time lurking. And it's finally here. :banana:

No way. Piaintsville was an average team at best with Doderer and below average without him, and will get killed by Lynn Camp in the second round.

I'll still go out on a limb here and say that the Lynn Camp/Paintsville game will be much closer than the Somerset/Pikeville game. Also say that Paintsville has a much better chance against Lynn Camp at home than Pikeville at Somerset. However, I hope Pikeville wins in the 1st and 2nd round. Go Panthers. ( I just threw up a little after I typed that)

I'll still go out on a limb here and say that the Lynn Camp/Paintsville game will be much closer than the Somerset/Pikeville game. Also say that Paintsville has a much better chance against Lynn Camp at home than Pikeville at Somerset. However, I hope Pikeville wins in the 1st and 2nd round. Go Panthers. ( I just threw up a little after I typed that)

According to the general concensus, Paintsville's chances might be infinitely better against Lynn Camp, because Lynn Camp probably won't be traveling to Paintsville if they don't take Hazard a little more seriously. I think Lynn Camp will win, but Hazard isn't to be taken lightly. It will be a shootout.

According to the general concensus, Paintsville's chances might be infinitely better against Lynn Camp, because Lynn Camp probably won't be traveling to Paintsville if they don't take Hazard a little more seriously. I think Lynn Camp will win, but Hazard isn't to be taken lightly. It will be a shootout.

Hazard is a great offensive team. I have no doubt they will put points on the board, but Chaffins may have a career night against them.

Who from Lynn Camp is not taking Hazard seriously? Please provide quotes from Lynn Camp people because I want to see this.

That's what people thought 2 years ago. Didn't play out that way, did it?
:thumb: :thumb:

Also Somerset will have to be 1000% improved from the team that Pikeville spanked 37-7 last year with the dogs called off early and subs playing most of the 2nd half.

Paintsville rushed for 7 yards in the 2nd half against Pikeville without Doderer...if you factor in sacks that # becomes negative (-46).Without Doderer Paintsville is one win(possibly) and done in the playoffs.

This one is between Pikeville and Lynn Camp.

JMO

JMO2. :jump: