Poll: Class A, Region 4 Champion?

Who will win the Region 4 Championship?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Region 4 Championship?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with the move the coaches made last Friday against Paintsville of John Michael Mayo to QB is just what the Panthers needed. Chase Huffman will still contribute on the offensive side of the ball as he is an explosive athlete. I think if Pikeville's offense can be consistent and productive, their defense is good enough to bring home the Region 4 crown. It won't be easy though.

I think with the move the coaches made last Friday against Paintsville of John Michael Mayo to QB is just what the Panthers needed. Chase Huffman will still contribute on the offensive side of the ball as he is an explosive athlete. I think if Pikeville's offense can be consistent and productive, their defense is good enough to bring home the Region 4 crown. It won't be easy though.

Did they put him at WR? He played defense anyway didn't he? I was at the Corbin game earlier this year, but I just knew he was the QB. He's lightning quick and has a cannon, that's all I remember. Making a change like that in the rotation this late in the year might not be such a good idea. Somerset put it's starting QB from last year at corner, where he has been starting all year and has really made a name for himself. Huffman too might be a better fit somewhere else, but is that a good call in the first round of the playoffs?

It's between Pikeville, Lynn Camp and Somerset...no one else has a chance.

Hazard and Paintsville also have good chances of winning the region. This could be the most wide open region in the state.

It's between Pikeville, Lynn Camp and Somerset...no one else has a chance.

I think Paintsville has a good chance, much better than Pikeville. Also I expect Paintsville to be playing Hazard in the 2nd round due to the way they match up with Lynn Camp. Since Paintsville dominated Hazard that would put them in the regional finals with Somerset but hopefully, but not very likely, Pikeville.

No way Hazard or Paintsville wins it...but we shall see.

While I agree that Somerset and Lynn Camp are the favorites, they aren't by much. LC99's statement is very true. As we saw in District 8 over the final weeks, and a 41-40 nailbiter between Somerset and Lynn Camp, this region is wide open. It's anyone's for the taking, it's just a matter of who wants it the most.

I think Paintsville has a good chance, much better than Pikeville. Also I expect Paintsville to be playing Hazard in the 2nd round due to the way they match up with Lynn Camp. Since Paintsville dominated Hazard that would put them in the regional finals with Somerset but hopefully, but not very likely, Pikeville.

No way. Piaintsville was an average team at best with Doderer and below average without him, and will get killed by Lynn Camp in the second round.

No way. Piaintsville was an average team at best with Doderer and below average without him, and will get killed by Lynn Camp in the second round.

Seriously man, give it a rest. I know you Pikeville folks have it out for Paintsville but good lord. If Pikeville is to meet Somerset I'd at least wish them luck and go on about my business. Pikeville won by 6, let's move on to the playoffs. I guess the regional title game will be Somerset vs. Lynn Camp then since all of District 8 teams are average at best they did end in a tie after all.

Seriously man, give it a rest. I know you Pikeville folks have it out for Paintsville but good lord. If Pikeville is to meet Somerset I'd at least wish them luck and go on about my business. Pikeville won by 6, let's move on to the playoffs. I guess the regional title game will be Somerset vs. Lynn Camp then since all of District 8 teams are average at best they did end in a tie after all.

Amen!

I know everyone can make an argument when there isn't an outright district champion, but the region championship could feature a team from each district, two teams from the 8th, or two teams from the 7th. The Class A Preview states it best...this is the MOST wide open region in the state, and personally, I think it's the toughest.