Rebound: A Basketball Story (KET)

For those who may be interested, KET is showing the story of the '81 Simon Kenton Pioneers. It's currently on and will be on in the future as well. The story chronicles the school's explosion and how throught the turmoil and crazy school schedule they became the first 9th region team to win the Sweet 16.

For those who may be interested, KET is showing the story of the '81 Simon Kenton Pioneers. It's currently on and will be on in the future as well. The story chronicles the school's explosion and how throught the turmoil and crazy school schedule they became the first 9th region team to win the Sweet 16.

Any word on when it will air again?

I think the viewing will be blacked out in Maysville and surrounding communities! Just kidding, watched it last night very well done piece and makes you proud to be a Kentuckian. Loved the story at the end were the gentleman recounts Troy McKinley beating Rick Pitino at Joe B. Hall basketball camp in a game of horse, that was priceless.

I think the viewing will be blacked out in Maysville and surrounding communities! Just kidding, watched it last night very well done piece and makes you proud to be a Kentuckian. Loved the story at the end were the gentleman recounts Troy McKinley beating Rick Pitino at Joe B. Hall basketball camp in a game of horse, that was priceless.

I thought it was funny that the Mason contingent booed the team when they were brought back to Rupp, 25 years later. I juste wish I was a bit older when they won, I remember bits and pieces but that's about it. I do remember the Holiday Inn experience.

Well done production. Enjoyed watching the show last night. I had forgotten how close all of their state games were. They skimmed by in every game, and beat some great teams led by Todd May and Manuel Forrest who was nationally ranked. Team of destiny I think. Glad we were able to take them down twice that year.

Simon Kenton 1981 might be the last of a dying breed, when I say that I'm referencing the importance it carried not only to that team but a community, region and it some regards a state. I think the only team that has came remotely close is Elliott County 2009 and they didn't seal the deal like the Pioneers did. Just seeing a time and era where basketball and a team was the most importance to a community was real special, I just think with all the other options these moments are a thing of the past. GREAT STORY, a must see for anybody who didn't watch this and loves KENTUCKY basketball!

If you don't get cold chills and tears in your eyes listening to D. McMillen's call as the last seconds ticked away, then you don't have blood running through your veins. Also loved Dougherty's comments about wanting to find his parents when the game ended to thank them for all the sacrifices they had put in over the years. Great stuff!

If you don't get cold chills and tears in your eyes listening to D. McMillen's call as the last seconds ticked away, then you don't have blood running through your veins. Also loved Dougherty's comments about wanting to find his parents when the game ended to thank them for all the sacrifices they had put in over the years. Great stuff!

I know I had cold chills hearing the broadcast, along with some of the footage. Dale certainly was treated to some good games during that stretch.

I was in Frisch's parking lot in Florence listening to the final seconds. Great memories.