Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Format for the "East/West" All-Star Game

Featured Replies

Looks like it will be "The Louisville Area" versus "The Rest of the State".

"Best of the Bluegrass" All Star Football Game

Jimmie Reed, Kentucky HS Coaches Associations Executive Director

The Kentucky HS Coaches Association and the Greater Louisville Football Coaches Association have agreed to co-host the 2010 "Best of the Bluegrass" all star football game this winter. The game will be played at St. Xavier HS on Sunday December 12, 2010 at 2:00 p.m. (est).

The Greater Louisville Football Coaches Association team will consist of both private and public schools in Jefferson Co., Oldham Co., Shelby Co., Bullitt Co. along with other schools that play in football districts with the Jefferson Co schools and are members of the GLFCA. The KHSCA (state) team will consist of all the other schools in the state.

This game is taking place of the "Best of the Bluegrass" East vs West All Star game that was slated to be played this summer at Western Kentucky University.

Forty of the best senior players from the GLFCA and 40 of the best senior players from the state will be matched against each other for this game. Nominations and selection of players will take place this fall.

More information will be forthcoming this fall.

How will the teams prepare for this game since school is in session?

  • Author
How will the teams prepare for this game since school is in session?

 

How will they prepare when players from Bowling Green will be on the same team as players from Belfry?

  • Author

And, I'm dieing to know why this game was moved to the end of the season when the reason the KY/TN game was done away with was because Tennessee wanted it at the end of the season and Kentucky would not move the date from the following summer.

 

It just doesn't pass the smell test for me.

Edited by Ram

Something does stink about it. Are the 40 best players from Louisville really as good as the 40 best from across the state? Plus, there is no possible way for the state team to practice and prepare for this game. Somebody really dropped the ball on this one...

  • Author

Is this a precursor to move back to the "Louisville Champion" versus the "At Large Champion" for the 6A (or 5A or 4A) State Championship when the new alignment comes out next year?

  • Author

I am shocked. I figured people would have something to say about this. Wow.

All-star games in any sport are dying out. Nobody cares about them.

All-star games in any sport are dying out. Nobody cares about them.

 

I agree.....

  • Author
All-star games in any sport are dying out. Nobody cares about them.

What? Are you joking? Every year they add new All-Star Games, there used to only be one National All-Star football game, now there are like three or four. Use to there was only one All-Star game in Kentucky, now each region has their own, plus two state wide games. There are more All-Star games now then ever.

What? Are you joking? Every year they add new All-Star Games, there used to only be one National All-Star football game, now there are like three or four. Use to there was only one All-Star game in Kentucky, now each region has their own, plus two state wide games. There are more All-Star games now then ever.

 

That doesn't mean anybody but the players and their parents are that interested. Not to say they are dying out, but I do think the games are a snore......

Edited by History
spelling

  • Author
That doesn't mean anybody but the players and their parents are that interested. Not to say they are dying out, but I do think the games are a snore......

 

All the National games are televised. There is now a Nation Jr High game. I have been to several around the state and they are pretty well attended. I would agree that the players and their parents are more interested, but I would say it has always been that way. I watched the Ohio All-Star game it was televised. I just don't see them not being popular, maybe I'm wrong.

My take on all star games is this; usually those playing in them are going on to college to also play. I think colleges have picked up their summer conditioning programs for the incoming freshman and also those moving on do not want to risk injury. I think these issues effect summmer all star games. If they are played right after the state finals, then I think you would have more interest. College coaches would be more interested, the kids would still be in football shape and longer recovery time if an injury should occur. However, in mid December you will have issues with weather and maybe alittle burn out or just ready to take a breather.:idunno:

The part you lose is the "rooting" for a school. Now you can root for players that represent that school. Not to make a big deal of it-that is all I will post on the matter. Good luck to all players on all teams in these games.

I try and attend five allstar games a season and catch a few live on tv and my biggest gripe with the bigger ones is how those who run them overlook the players from the smaller schools. Most of them will add one or two to make it look good.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.