Conner 7 Cooper 6

hja1224

West versus Thompson. West was hit hard, giving up 3-4 doubles and a solo home run by Nick Phillips, the first home run of his LIFE. Congrats to him. I think they pulled West in the 4th inning. The game was a good one going back and forth all night. Thompson had a go ahead homerun in the 5th to give Cooper a 5-4 lead. Conner scores 2 in the bottom half of 5. Cooper ties it in the top of 7 and then Conner wins it in the bottom of 7. Great game and close throughout.

Cooper played a backup CF and RF and there were 4 balls that need to be caught and 3-4 bobbles that allowed runners to take an extra base.

I had never seen Thompson pitch before tonight, he throws well. He mixes a very nice curve ball in with a decent fastball! This Cooper team has come a long way in a short time! Two or three base running errors kept this game closer than it could have been, not taking anything away from the Jaguars. The base running as a whole has been suspect at best all year long and has cost Conner more than one close game this year! At the end of the day it could very well be their eventual downfall (IMO)! It's good to see Fogle back in the lineup, this young man can play and needs to be on the field! Conner was fortunate to pull this one out! A great coaching move was made in the 7th inning by pinch hitting Collins, who came up with a game tying double! I don't know who's calling pitches but something off speed would be nice occasionally. :confused: :puke: Nice win for the Cougars, lets see if they can string a few wins together.

What a battle between two former CovCath grads Coach Brad Arlinghaus vs. Coach Bob Bieger. Throw in assistant for Cooper Coach Luke Boemker. Wow!

Just curious how many region wins do these two Cov Cath grads have?

I think this is Arlinghaus' first vasity stop, but Bieger I believe has been at St. Henry and Ludlow...........

I had never seen Thompson pitch before tonight, he throws well. He mixes a very nice curve ball in with a decent fastball! This Cooper team has come a long way in a short time! Two or three base running errors kept this game closer than it could have been, not taking anything away from the Jaguars. The base running as a whole has been suspect at best all year long and has cost Conner more than one close game this year! At the end of the day it could very well be their eventual downfall (IMO)! It's good to see Fogle back in the lineup, this young man can play and needs to be on the field! Conner was fortunate to pull this one out! A great coaching move was made in the 7th inning by pinch hitting Collins, who came up with a game tying double! I don't know who's calling pitches but something off speed would be nice occasionally. :confused: :puke: Nice win for the Cougars, lets see if they can string a few wins together.

Thanks again big brother....but really, stop tooting our family horn already!:jump:

I cannot understand why Conner coacheswill not put West, Delph, and Fogle in the outfield at the same time. That would be one of the strongest defensive outfields in the region, if not the best, as all three can cover some ground and have strong accurate arms.

Then you throw in how well they have all played offensively, it should be a no brainer.

I cannot understand why Conner coacheswill not put West, Delph, and Fogle in the outfield at the same time. That would be one of the strongest defensive outfields in the region, if not the best, as all three can cover some ground and have strong accurate arms.

Then you throw in how well they have all played offensively, it should be a no brainer.

The young one does not have a strong arm but all three can cover ground. West is the only legit hitter of the three. The young one's stats are wrong in the paper half the time according to Conner parents.

The young one does not have a strong arm but all three can cover ground. West is the only legit hitter of the three. The young one's stats are wrong in the paper half the time according to Conner parents.

If the "young one" you are referring to is Fogle, the Freshman, he is a good outfielder. Everyone knows the stat's in the paper are often questionable. I've only seen Conner when they played this game. Fogle was 1-3 with a single up the middle. I think the paper had him at 2 for 2 which was incorrect but it happens at every school. West had at least two hits and I'm not sure about Delph as I don't know his number.

If the "young one" you are referring to is Fogle, the Freshman, he is a good outfielder. Everyone knows the stat's in the paper are often questionable. I've only seen Conner when they played this game. Fogle was 1-3 with a single up the middle. I think the paper had him at 2 for 2 which was incorrect but it happens at every school. West had at least two hits and I'm not sure about Delph as I don't know his number.

Fogle has made some great plays in CF and has shown a strong arm. Up until this year you were correct by saying that West was the only legit hitter of the two Seniors but Delph has hit the ball very, very well this year when he finally adjusted his stance. He is now the lead off hitter and has had a much better year hitting the ball than many might realize.

Fogle has made some great plays in CF and has shown a strong arm. Up until this year you were correct by saying that West was the only legit hitter of the two Seniors but Delph has hit the ball very, very well this year when he finally adjusted his stance. He is now the lead off hitter and has had a much better year hitting the ball than many might realize.

Let's just say I would take that lineup as my starting outfield anytime. Bloggers should really get their facts straight before they get on here.....right Slim! I know the ''young one's" older brothers pretty well and they will not even read BP threads because of stupid comments that have been posted on BGP regarding Conner over the last 7 years.

Friday Night Fan.....Your mistake is listening to parents before you make your highly intelligent comments about a players abilities. I can't beleive that you would say Conner parents have issues with anything related to a Coaches decision and now you say that parents are keeping track of players and newspaper stats???? The young Fogle is batting over .400 which is a pretty good average on any level.

Back to the post: It was a good game to watch. Cooper's young one's played very well. Jared Blank played well and AJ Collins had a big-time pinch hit DB that tied it up with two outs with the game on the line. I guess we should check the stats with the paper and make sure they they get it right!

I agree. I would love to have three outfielders who can track a ball down. Some people don't realize how important outfielders are in regards to "saving" runs. The difference in the outfield play was the difference (IMO) of this game.

Let's just say I would take that lineup as my starting outfield anytime. Bloggers should really get their facts straight before they get on here.....right Slim! I know the ''young one's" older brothers pretty well and they will not even read BP threads because of stupid comments that have been posted on BGP regarding Conner over the last 7 years.

Friday Night Fan.....Your mistake is listening to parents before you make your highly intelligent comments about a players abilities. I can't beleive that you would say Conner parents have issues with anything related to a Coaches decision and now you say that parents are keeping track of players and newspaper stats???? The young Fogle is batting over .400 which is a pretty good average on any level.

Back to the post: It was a good game to watch. Cooper's young one's played very well. Jared Blank played well and AJ Collins had a big-time pinch hit DB that tied it up with two outs with the game on the line. I guess we should check the stats with the paper and make sure they they get it right!

Right on ...MOM!!!!!!!!!!:p

I know a few times Delph has come out because he will be the next pitcher and the coaches want him to have time to warm up.