Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bearcat Classic

Featured Replies

NKY Bulldogs knocked off the St. Louis Prophets 63 to 50 today to go 2 ~ 0 in pool play.

 

So the NKY Bulldogs play at 11:30am and possibly 1:30pm from what the website says right HM? I wouldnt mind stopping over and watching today.

 

 

Link to NKY Bulldogs site if anyone is interested. They are loaded.

 

http://www.eteamz.com/nkybulldogs/

  • Replies 46
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kentucky Select (U14) lost yesterday to Indiana EBC by 4 after leading by 10 with 5 minutes to go. The Indiana team got hot and hit some deep three's and got some timely TO's.

 

They will get it going again today at 11:15 out in Florence at MW Hoops. This should serve as a good prep for their state tournament next weekend in Lex. Next week will be the first time playing against their own age group.

Kentucky Select (U14) lost yesterday to Indiana EBC by 4 after leading by 10 with 5 minutes to go. The Indiana team got hot and hit some deep three's and got some timely TO's.

 

They will get it going again today at 11:15 out in Florence at MW Hoops. This should serve as a good prep for their state tournament next weekend in Lex. Next week will be the first time playing against their own age group.[/QUOTE]

 

They should be just fine next week and I would say the overwhelming favorite. From what I have heard, that age has take a little bit of a hit as last year's finalist (champion KY Elite and runner-up Louisville Legends) will both not be there. Even so, this is one talented group who would compare favorable against these teams. I would expect Hoops Elite to give KY Select their stiffest competition and with possibly Charlotte Court next in line.

How did the Kentucky teams do today? I heard the Bulldogs lost today to a Shining Star team, what was the score? Who played well for them?

The NKY Bulldogs advanced out of pool play to the Gold Bracket. They opened up with Shining Star Sports White and beat them 56 - 27. The Bulldogs were led by Bobby Stauffer with 13 and Tyler Hodges with 12. In the final four game the Bulldogs fell to Shining Star Black 58 - 35. The Bulldogs failed to get going in this game. Leading scorers were Jacob Flesch, Danny Boateng, and Jack Stewart with 6 points each.

Congrats to the Shining Stars for advancing 3 teams to the final four of the Gold Bracket.

I have a question about the SS Sports teams.

 

At the Bearcat Classic (Where these teams appear to have been doing very well), I noticed that the teams are listed as colors (SSS-White, SSS-Blue, SSS-Black, etc.). But on the website for the SSS program, it doesn't have any of this. I think three of the 17's teams are listed under Coach Price.

 

Why is this? Why not just stick with one team name. Either a coach or a color. Or, at least an area like the SSS-Kentucky team.

 

I think this leads to a lot of confusion. I like to follow each team, but it's hard to keep up when they switch names.

I saw some of the SSS-Kentucky (NKY locals Geisler, Thelen, Smith, Brown, Bradley, Gray, etc.) play against the Racine Warriors? It was a close game, but the SSS seemed to have the game pretty well in control late. I believe the final was 54-53, SSS. I did see Scott Schuette hit a big 3 late in the game. That kid can really shoot it. As the primary PG smith looks to have done well also. Can anyone confirm what Thelen/Geisler did in this game? This team will be hard to beat with so many bigs and quick guards.

 

I also got to see the NKY Bulldogs take down the SSS-White by 20 something. In this game Stauffer and Hodges played well. Hodges is a player that really seems to be coming on. He is now able to really step out and hit that jumper from the elbow to the perimeter. Had a nice dunk too. Also glad to see Trammel back to full health. I also like what Jack Stewart is doing for this team. His game has come a long way from a couple of years ago. Through talking, I heard that this team is down Clay Robinson, and had a couple players banged up. In the final four, it just wasn't the Bulldogs game.

 

I saw the SSS-Black take down the NKY Bulldogs by 23 or so. This SSS team was packed with a lot of athletic talent and some good shooters. In the first half they didn't seem to miss many shots. I believe his name is Jaylen Goodwin, very nice player. Found a lot of backdoor cuts to the basket for lay-ups. Also nice at getting to the rim. Not sure of his name, but #41 hit a couple of big shots including two 3-pointers early to set the tone.

 

That Gold bracket included some great competition. 3 SSS teams and the NKY Bulldogs. That is great for the local area. Way to put them travelers out early :thumb:

 

What bracket did Team Kentucky make it into? How did they finish up? I thought they had a later game today. Good luck.

  • Author
I have a question about the SS Sports teams.

 

At the Bearcat Classic (Where these teams appear to have been doing very well), I noticed that the teams are listed as colors (SSS-White, SSS-Blue, SSS-Black, etc.). But on the website for the SSS program, it doesn't have any of this. I think three of the 17's teams are listed under Coach Price.

 

Why is this? Why not just stick with one team name. Either a coach or a color. Or, at least an area like the SSS-Kentucky team.

 

I think this leads to a lot of confusion. I like to follow each team, but it's hard to keep up when they switch names.

 

I think others were confused as well. There wasn't a bracket hanging up for the U17. I know that Shining Star had several teams in the tournament at the U17 age level. If you look at the website, there are multiple teams listed as Price, but they do have colors associated with them as well. I think it would have been alot easier to follow if the brackets had been up.

Team KY had an easy game in the late afternoon in a win VS Showtime. It could have been by a lot more as they were playing a little conservative as they only had 6 players today, as one had a basketball baquet today an the other had over a 4 hr drive back home. Tyler Fangman led the team vs Showtime with 24 points (6 threes), Jaylen Danil 18, and Moore out of Dayton Ohio had 14.

 

KY Select who is playing up a grade level beat two SS teams today by 22 in each game and are now in the finals. McNiel from Walton lit it up in the last game with at least 30. Hatton had 38 in a game last night.

Team KY had an easy game in the late afternoon in a win VS Showtime. It could have been by a lot more as they were playing a little conservative as they only had 6 players today, as one had a basketball baquet today an the other had over a 4 hr drive back home. Tyler Fangman led the team vs Showtime with 24 points (6 threes), Jaylen Danil 18, and Moore out of Dayton Ohio had 14.

 

KY Select who is playing up a grade level beat two SS teams today by 22 in each game and are now in the finals. McNiel from Walton lit it up in the last game with at least 30. Hatton had 38 in a game last night.

 

So did Team Kentucky win their bracket? Was it the Silver or Bronze? Nice to hear what Fangman is doing. Six 3-pointers is great! Sounds like he gets a ton of time for TK. He and Daniels both. Daniels is a really nice player as well. Is he up to about 6'7" now. I saw him today. He looks like he's gained some height from last year.

 

Wow, Brandon Hatton must have really lit it up with 38 points. The kid can play.

I think others were confused as well. There wasn't a bracket hanging up for the U17. I know that Shining Star had several teams in the tournament at the U17 age level. If you look at the website, there are multiple teams listed as Price, but they do have colors associated with them as well. I think it would have been alot easier to follow if the brackets had been up.

 

I agree. Confusing.:confused:

Shining Star Kentucky wins the Gold Bracket with a 52-33 win in the finals against Shining Star Black.

Shining Star Kentucky wins the Gold Bracket with a 52-33 win in the finals against Shining Star Black.

 

Congratas to SSS-Kentucky. Any stats from the game?

Shining Star Kentucky wins the Gold Bracket with a 52-33 win in the finals against Shining Star Black.

 

Congrats S3- KY. Way to rep the bluegrass state. Very solid win over a loaded Ohio team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.