Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Preseason outlook for '10 - '11

Featured Replies

They are more talented than Zoubek and Thomas, who were both starters on a National Champion.

 

Smith has already stated he'll be back. Singler I think is 50/50. After the tournament I've seen him projected early 2nd rd. I don't know what he'll do. If he comes back they are undoubtedly the preseason #1.

 

Starting 5 of

 

Irving

Smith

Curry/Dawkins

Singler

Plumlees

 

Off the bench they'd have the other of Dawkins/Curry, a Plumlee, Josh Hairston, Carrie Felix, Ryan Kelly and the freshman pg Thorton off the bench.

 

Or

 

Irving

Smith

Singler

Plumlee

Plumlee

 

With both Dawkins and Curry, Josh Hairston, Felix, Kelly and Thorton off the bench.

 

Without Singler, I see them going with more of a three guard lineup with Irving, Smith, and Curry/Dawkins with the two Plumlees. I'd say that's easily a top 10 team, maybe top 5 but who knows.

 

Fixed that for ya. :thumb: :D

  • Replies 47
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fixed that for ya. :thumb: :D

 

Thanks. :lol:

They are more talented than Zoubek and Thomas, who were both starters on a National Champion.

 

Smith has already stated he'll be back. Singler I think is 50/50. After the tournament I've seen him projected early 2nd rd. I don't know what he'll do. If he comes back we are undoubtedly the preseason #1.

 

Starting 5 of

 

Irving

Smith

Curry/Dawkins

Singler

Plumlees

 

Off the bench we'd have the other of Dawkins/Curry, a Plumlee, Josh Hairston, Carrie Felix, Ryan Kelly and the freshman pg Thorton off the bench.

 

Or

 

Irving

Smith

Singler

Plumlee

Plumlee

 

With both Dawkins and Curry, Josh Hairston, Felix, Kelly and Thorton off the bench.

 

Without Singler, I see us going with more of a three guard lineup with Irving, Smith, and Curry/Dawkins with the two Plumlees. I'd say that's easily a top 10 team, maybe top 5 but who knows.

 

Fixed that for ya. :thumb: :D

 

I do stand by that.

Very excited about this upcoming Duke team. I really want to see Dawkins get some PT. I think he will be my favorite player next year. I am very curious to see how Seth turns out. I am already ready for next season:ylsuper:

Can you imagine how much more talented Duke would have been had Williams not went to Memphis and King (?) to Villanova?!

Can you imagine how much more talented Duke would have been had Williams not went to Memphis and King (?) to Villanova?!

 

Dont remind us:lol:. Or had Gerald Henderson not left. Not many people remember this would have been his senior year as well.

No Duke in your top five? Really? Wow!

 

With no Singler (Which I think he gets drafted) Duke IMO is not a top five team.

Andy Katz preseason top 5 (as of yesterday)

 

1. Purdue

2. Duke

3. Butler

4. Michigan St

5. Pitt

 

Kentucky is predicted #15 but obviously a lot will change in the next few months as we learn which players are coming and going from all teams mentioned.

 

Link to the rest of his VERY EARLY Preseason top 25.

With no Singler (Which I think he gets drafted) Duke IMO is not a top five team.

 

From the link above that I just posted:

 

2. Duke: This could change if Kyle Singler doesn't return, but he appears more likely to stay. If that's the case, he joins Nolan Smith, Mason and Miles Plumlee and additions Kyrie Irving and redshirt Seth Curry. Other teams are getting pushed down in the poll due to players being on the fence, but there's no indication yet that Singler is gone

From the link above that I just posted:

 

2. Duke: This could change if Kyle Singler doesn't return, but he appears more likely to stay. If that's the case, he joins Nolan Smith, Mason and Miles Plumlee and additions Kyrie Irving and redshirt Seth Curry. Other teams are getting pushed down in the poll due to players being on the fence, but there's no indication yet that Singler is gone

 

I think he is ill-advised not to go. He big and athletic. Moves well for a guy his size. Can Handle the ball and makes it rain, I don't know why he wouldn't.

I think he is ill-advised not to go. He big and athletic. Moves well for a guy his size. Can Handle the ball and makes it rain, I don't know why he wouldn't.

 

I could be wrong, but I don't think Singler OR his family are hurting for money. I think he'll come back for his senior year and get a degree so he has options after basketball. PLus, I'm sure he's aware that if he returns, the chances of Duke repeating are very high.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Singler OR his family are hurting for money. I think he'll come back for his senior year and get a degree so he has options after basketball. PLus, I'm sure he's aware that if he returns, the chances of Duke repeating are very high.

 

As high as Kansas' chance :ohbrother:of being NCAA Champs?

As high as Kansas' chance :ohbrother:of being NCAA Champs?

 

Duke has a team better suited to repeat than Kansas had of being the odds on favorite this year.

 

Duke is a much better offensive team than this years' Kansas team and also defends better, IMO.

I think he is ill-advised not to go. He big and athletic. Moves well for a guy his size. Can Handle the ball and makes it rain, I don't know why he wouldn't.

 

Until further notice otherwise, I'll tend to lean towards those that get paid for their opinions.

How can you rate anything until the recruiting classes are settled?

 

If you rated what Kentucky currently has signed, sealed and delivered, they might not make the top 15 in the 12-team SEC. :D

 

But, if Calipari can land another monster class, that changes drastically.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.