Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should the private schools leave the KHSAA?

Featured Replies

They should, but they can't

  • Replies 30
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this passes. There is no way alot of private school football team survive. As sad as it make me feel. The only football programs that can survive this are Lex Cath, CCH, Trinity, and St.X. NCC could possibly make it but they would lose to all 4 schools more often than not.

 

The only way the small private school programs could survive if this passes in most sports is intensive recuriting.

Honestly, by separating privates and publics, many historical rivalries will be lost, along with a great deal of competition. Being from Highlands and being apart of 3A football, this is hard for me to grasp that there is a possibility of losing the Cov. Cath./Highlands game.

I say go ahead and leave. Just make sure to follow the rules you set up this time.

I say go ahead and leave. Just make sure to follow the rules you set up this time.

 

When / Where were any rules broken? If so, were these schools not punished?

I say go ahead and leave. Just make sure to follow the rules you set up this time.

What Rules have the Privates "set up"? The end of Louisville on one side of the 4A Playoffs? I would be thrilled to see the KHSAA Proposals presented by Private Schools over the years, and the results of said proposals...

tell me who schools like Sayre and Whitefield Trinity play when they are no longer allowed to play KHSAA member schools. Again and again you guys think you rule the world and everyone wants to be like you - why would HHS and Male want to consistenly compete against Trinity and St. X in basketball when they have the rest of the state of Kentucky to compete against.

 

1. This does not just affect Louisville and Northern Ky - there are private schools in other parts of the state

 

2. It is not all about football.

 

 

Very good points. I've learned from these threads that some of the private school fans are pretty full of themselves.

There are plenty of public and private schools that teams along the border can schedule. Leaving the KHSAA and returning the boycott favor would be very costly for smaller private schools located in the interior of the state. As for granting a bunch of full ride scholarships to athletes, I suspect private schools are not awash in money the way that many people seem to believe they are.

What Rules have the Privates "set up"? The end of Louisville on one side of the 4A Playoffs? I would be thrilled to see the KHSAA Proposals presented by Private Schools over the years, and the results of said proposals...

If the private schools break away and form their own association,, they will have to establish a set of rules. I hope they go by these rules if this happens because there were some who haven't gone by the rules under the old system.

If the private schools break away and form their own association,, they will have to establish a set of rules. I hope they go by these rules if this happens because there were some who haven't gone by the rules under the old system.

 

Since you know that to be true, take your proof to the KHSAA. You will become a hero throughout KY because the schools that haven't gone by the rules will be gone and all this will be over.

Since I know this to be true and since you don't know who I am, I'll tell you I already have reported three prior violations to them. All three involved the recruiting of basketball players by a private school.

 

Of course, when most of their kids attend Lexington Catholic, I never expected anything to come of the KHSAA investigation. I do know their retired FBI agent spent more time investigating rural schools and didn't see much of the big city. That should explain a lot right there.

Since I know this to be true and since you don't know who I am, I'll tell you I already have reported three prior violations to them. All three involved the recruiting of basketball players by a private school.

 

Of course, when most of their kids attend Lexington Catholic, I never expected anything to come of the KHSAA investigation. I do know their retired FBI agent spent more time investigating rural schools and didn't see much of the big city. That should explain a lot right there.

 

So let me get this straight. Correct me if I am wrong.

 

You reported three violations to the KHSAA of a private school illegally recruiting basketball players.

 

They (KHSAA) investigated but nothing came of it.

 

The KHSAA investigator spent more time investigating a rural school that I assume someone else reported, and less time on the big city case.

 

Therefore, you know private schools haven't gone by the rules.

So let me get this straight. Correct me if I am wrong.

 

You reported three violations to the KHSAA of a private school illegally recruiting basketball players.

 

They (KHSAA) investigated but nothing came of it.

 

The KHSAA investigator spent more time investigating a rural school that I assume someone else reported, and less time on the big city case.

 

Therefore, you know private schools haven't gone by the rules.

You can PM me. I'm not getting into specific cases on here.

I say go ahead and leave. Just make sure to follow the rules you set up this time.

:lol: :ylsuper: :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.