Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Split postseason proposal fails in initial vote

Featured Replies

  • Replies 59
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. I am guessing the State Bd. of Ed. is going to veto it as would the Gov. and legislature.

The BOC vote does raise an interesting question. Some on there represent certain regions. Let's say a region voted 90% for the proposal; should the rep had voted the way his regions voted.

Go ask Jeffersonville HS in Indiana how Louisville privates recruit their 7th and 8th graders. I know this for a fact.
I could be wrong here, but to the best of my understanding, 7th and 8th graders are not "High School" students. The KHSAA regulates "High School" student athletes. Public schools have every right and privilege that private schools do in this regard.
The BOC vote does raise an interesting question. Some on there represent certain regions. Let's say a region voted 90% for the proposal; should the rep had voted the way his regions voted.

It's called trustee democracy versus delegate democracy. Edmund Burke had some interesting things to say about it. By the by, anyone who calls himself a conservative without reading Edmund Burke or Russell Kirk is like calling yourself a Packers fan without knowing who Lombardi and Favre are.

The BOC vote does raise an interesting question. Some on there represent certain regions. Let's say a region voted 90% for the proposal; should the rep had voted the way his regions voted.

The reason the Board of Control is a separate vote is to save the Know Nothings from themselves. In this case the Board of Control did just what it should. Let's hope the Board of Education shows as much sense. If the public superintendents are not going to get their way, will they now be willing to negotiate in good faith? I know that the privates have been trying to negotiate for a while. I don't think that the public superintendents want to negotiate as long as they believe there is a chance to throw the privates out.

You cannot blatantly recruit. Private schools think it is OK to go after kids in other school districts?

I could be wrong here, but to the best of my understanding, 7th and 8th graders are not "High School" students. The KHSAA regulates "High School" student athletes. Public schools have every right and privilege that private schools do in this regard.

The proposals 4 and 5 to change that, I believe were voted down.

The reason the Board of Control is a separate vote is to save the Know Nothings from themselves. In this case the Board of Control did just what it should. Let's hope the Board of Education shows as much sense. If the public superintendents are not going to get their way, will they now be willing to negotiate in good faith? I know that the privates have been trying to negotiate for a while. I don't think that the public superintendents want to negotiate as long as they believe there is a chance to throw the privates out.

Wow 198 know-nothings. The privates from my understanding have only been willing to work on this issue since the prop was made not the past 2 years since the issue was first brought up.

You cannot blatantly recruit. Private schools think it is OK to go after kids in other school districts?
So do most of the public schools I know of. I could name names here, but all that would do is turn into a finger pointing contest... recruiting rules are the same for publics and privates. If there are violations, they should be dealt with firmly. If there are no violations, we need to just play ball.
Wow 198 know-nothings. The privates from my understanding have only been willing to work on this issue since the prop was made not the past 2 years since the issue was first brought up.

I think it was a reference to the Know-Nothings of the 19th century.

I think it was a reference to the Know-Nothings of the 19th century.

O...my bad.

I think it was a reference to the Know-Nothings of the 19th century.

Let's hear it for that Manual education.

Publics recruit too. Don't lump all the R word with the privates.

Thank you Lbbc :thumb:

Go ask Jeffersonville HS in Indiana how Louisville privates recruit their 7th and 8th graders. I know this for a fact.

 

Are these 7th/8th graders in Catholic grade schools?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.