Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Split postseason proposal fails in initial vote

Featured Replies

A sad group on Board of Control to not back its member schools.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what about prop 3?

A sad group on Board of Control to not back its member schools.

Sad maybe, but sensible... :D

Sad maybe, but sensible... :D

I did think it was interesting to show how split the state really is. 9-7 on the BOC. One vote from being evenly split on the issue. I have been wrong twice now. I did not think Prop 20 would pass and thought that the BOC would not recommend it by a wider vote.

 

I believe it was Jesse James in another thread that mentioned that privates may not be realizing how much of an issue this is in throughout the state and how supportive of splitting the postseason rural counties are. I believe the vote showed that this is not an issue that is just coming from 1 or 2 areas but statewide has support.

  • Author
A sad group on Board of Control to not back its member schools.

 

 

Ummmm....the Private school ARE some of it's member school. :D

Most of whom playing on an unlevel playing field.

It won't be level even if you kick out the privates

Most of the recruiting schools will be gone.

Go ask Jeffersonville HS in Indiana how Louisville privates recruit their 7th and 8th graders. I know this for a fact.

Most of the recruiting schools will be gone.

Publics recruit too. Don't lump all the R word with the privates.

I know I'm surprised... that it was even close. The full board won't be such a nail bitter.

The Board of control voted it down 9-7. This per Jimmy Reed KFCA

 

It's a shame that the BOC didn't follow the will of the member schools. But when did they EVER get one right.

I am hearing that the Board of Controls voted down the proposal 9 to 7. Anyone else have anything like this?

This amendment to the constitution was voted down today by the KHSAA board of control 9 - 8 with one vote being absent. But it still must go to State Board of Education to be voted on and they could go with delegate vote and overrule board of control, the governor and legislature will also have a say in the outcome.

It's a shame that the BOC didn't follow the will of the member schools. But when did they EVER get one right.

Today.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.