Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino Signs 4-year Contract Extension

Featured Replies

Per ESPN and the Courier-Journal...

Aren't contract extensions typically like a Letter of Resignation in college basketball? :lol:

 

In all honesty, I'm glad Ricky P. should be strutting on the sidelines for a few more years. When will his contract be up now?

  • Author

He's as good as gone. :D

Aren't contract extensions typically like a Letter of Resignation in college basketball? :lol:

 

In all honesty, I'm glad Ricky P. should be strutting on the sidelines for a few more years. When will his contract be up now?

 

This says he has 3 years left on his current contract, so adding 4 would make 7 more years. :D

Hmm... Seems kind of early for an extension...

 

SERIOUSLY doubt he makes it 7 more years.

  • Author

 

SERIOUSLY doubt he makes it 7 more years.

 

I agree.

  • Author

From the article:

 

"The terms of the extension were not revealed, though a source who asked to remain anonymous indicated the school wanted Pitino to retire as a Cardinal."

He's got 3 left on the old one. 3 yrs on a contract bad for recruiting, adding to is to assure recruits that Pitino will be their coach.

 

And I agree, he won't be there 7 more years. However, I do think he retires at UofL.

Let me get this straight: Rick Pitino is getting a raise and an extension?

 

Wow.

Let me get this straight: Rick Pitino is getting a raise and an extension?

 

Wow.

 

Why wouldn't he?

 

It isn't much of a raise.

  • Author
Why wouldn't he?

 

It isn't much of a raise.

 

 

Wireman is attempting to be funny....

Wireman is attempting to be funny....

 

I thought he was being sarcastic, just asking him if he really thinks it's a good or bad move.

How old is Pitino now?

 

Pitino-57

Coach K-63

Cal-51

Izzo-55

Roy Williams-59

 

Just to name a few to compare.

 

Like I said, I don't see him living out the contract. Still, a 3 yr contract ain't worth a lot.

From the article:

 

"The terms of the extension were not revealed, though a source who asked to remain anonymous indicated the school wanted Pitino to retire as a Cardinal."

 

If he wants to retire as a Cardinal, I think he should have that chance. He rebuilt the program back to respectability. I know this past year was rough for many reasons, but Pitino can coach. I still am thankful that he came to UK when he did he was the right man at the right time. Many UK fans don't like him because he left, and I understand that. But I appreciate what he did for the program. And I honestly don't think I could have turned down the POWERBALL type of money he was paid to leave for Boston.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.