Russell 19 Ashland 18 (Kiwanis Bowl)

GOREDDEVILS

Russell gets the sweep!

Entertaining game and congratulations to both teams. Russell was opportunistic and made big plays when they had to. Putnam Stadium is a great venue for football and it's even better when you can walk out of there with the "W". :devil:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could the playcalling have been better for Ashland? Certainly. ButAshland did not seem to play well at all, and Russell seemed to

step up. This leads me to believe that there was some need of the

Heimlich maneuver on the Ashland sideline.

Way to go Russell on a huge win to end the season!

I know Ashland had some turnovers, but to say they "didnt play well at all" is just totally false. Ashland outgained Russell 331 yards to 115, and had 15 first downs to Russells 5, and held Russell to 1 first down in the second half. The turnovers cost Ashland this game, and Russell took advantage no doubt.

AT41,

Man you are blasting your freshman coach. You ever think Russell just won the game. Slow clock and some questionable calls from the usual officiating crew could not even help the Tomcats last night.

Questionable calls?? Like what??? Yeah Im blasting the coach, he made some really bad play calls. I definitely give Russell credit, see post 17. :rolleyes:

Russell gets the sweep!

Entertaining game and congratulations to both teams. Russell was opportunistic and made big plays when they had to. Putnam Stadium is a great venue for football and it's even better when you can walk out of there with the "W". :devil:

The sweep? Ashland JV beat Russell 14-0.

The sweep? Ashland JV beat Russell 14-0.

Okay AT41, I stand corrected. I guess I was counting the two "official games" of the season as the Varsity and Kiwanis Bowl. JV games to me are somewhat less than official as it often times is the case that there is no announcer, sparse attendance, no open concession stand.

We'll give you guys the JV victory each year and settle for the Varsity and K Bowl wins. :devil:

Okay AT41, I stand corrected. I guess I was counting the two "official games" of the season as the Varsity and Kiwanis Bowl. JV games to me are somewhat less than official as it often times is the case that there is no announcer, sparse attendance, no open concession stand.

We'll give you guys the JV victory each year and settle for the Varsity and K Bowl wins. :devil:

Sure. Lets just change the definition of a sweep to fit your criteria. :thumb:

Well, I will say I have seen t-shirts from both Ashland and Russell showing Kiwanis bowl wins and I've seen banners and what not showing varsity wins, but the JV game win-loss record has never been posted. So I would say the JV win is little consulation, but you can definately have it.

Well, I will say I have seen t-shirts from both Ashland and Russell showing Kiwanis bowl wins and I've seen banners and what not showing varsity wins, but the JV game win-loss record has never been posted. So I would say the JV win is little consulation, but you can definately have it.

:thumb:

A great second half by Ashland . You've got to give the coaches credit for that. Too many mistakes in the first half as a result of lack of experience by Ashland's quarterback but he and the others gave a great effort. I believe if Ashland has their starting qb they win the game.