Manual players say no to Prop 20

50inarow

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How come when we have been saying this on here nobody believes us but when it is in the paper it's true? :lol:

Because that's not what you were saying. You were saying:

"I am against Prop 20, but I support my school's endorsement of it".

Because that's not what you were saying. You were saying:

"I am against Prop 20, but I support my school's endorsement of it".

No, he's been saying:

"I'm opposed, and I oppose Keepers' endorsement- but I see where she's coming from, and it doesn't make her evil."

That said I personally hope that St. X and Trinity and the rest play us every year and I would not myself vote to kick them out. But I understand why it would benifit Manual and Male to pass this and therefore I see this as the administrators doing what they see fit so I am not going to make any phone calls or argue about it with them. Nor am I going to try to defend it either. One thing I will defend however is my school, the Magnet program and staff, anyone wishing to disagree with prop 20 that is fine with me and I can understand, but there is no reason to single out Manual or it's staff for doing what they see is best for there schools, I mean that is why Trinity coaches and X coaches go looking out of Jefferson county right? They are looking out for their program, well Manual and Male are doing the same. You don't have to like it, but to jump on them is just as hypocritial. I take slams on Manual's staff alittle personal so I am going to try to leave it at that, but to try to imply that this is a Male or Manual idea is simply ignoring the facts of the matter, Male and Manual maybe opportunist, but they are not the engine driving this boat look east for that my friends, they may not be cosponsers, but a lot fuel from this fire is coming from Middletown and Westport road, as well as frustrations from the "little" things, like OH I don't know treating other teams with respect and trading tape and talking guys into transfer out of freshmen teams halfway through the season. Little things like that have left the other schools with bad taste in their mouths so why should they take the privates sides when there is little to no respect given back in return?

Anyway, this is not what I would do, but I am not going to knock schools that do it.

Maybe there was, I don't know, I know alot of stuff I can't talk about on here though, and that is the part I have seen with my own eyes and others see too. Niether side may be perfect, but the idea of certain folks being dissappointed in Manual is laughable on face value. Why should Manual take the high road, when they know that is will not be reciprocated? It works against Manuals interest to support the private schools maintianing the status quo, they would be idiots to support that, they are going to do what is right for them. Not necessarily what I think it right for the game or the sport or the state of Athletics in Kentucky, but it is what is in their interest.

I am not going to defend prop 20 Rockmom, I am only defending my school there is a difference.

It is not what I want or what I would do, but I am not going to fight it either.

Like I said before, I would not vote for prop 20 personally, but I understand where my schools administrators are coming from. Things are not equal and it would benifit Manual in the sense that Manual would win more hardwear outright, whether that would then also translate to getting better talent

Besides, I think I made it clear I am not in support of prop 20, but things do need to change for parities sake, remember this is a sport not education, schools aren't in the business of producing athletes, they are in business to prepare students for life with an education to help them succeed.

Frankly, I'm tired of copying and pasting, but that should suffice.

Nor am I going to try to defend it either.

You forgot to bold this part.

A lot of those quotes came from the 'lynch Manual' thread, and I think that caused him to maybe play a little more aggresive. Notice he does a lot 'defending Manual,' not defending Keepers or Prop 20.

The stuff about it benefiting Manual and Male is just FACTS, and I don't see anything 'indicting' in what he wrote.

After the way the Tigers played in the second half, I'm wondering if this was a concession to the public schools, prior to the vote, to show that they could not only compete, but win. :lol:

Good luck to the Crimsons on their remaining journey in search of the state soccer title. :thumb:

Rockmom, every thing I said there is true. It is in Manuals interest to pass prop 20. It is also the wrong course of action from my perspective. If people don't see the 100+ times I have said that I am against prop 20 there is nothing I can do about it. I never said once that I was in favor of them supporting prop 20, I just said I was not going to fight about it. I am not in Favor of abortion either, but I am not going to march or fight the government about it. If someone just wants to read the part were I point out that Mrs. Keepers is not evil and then turn it around and fight with me, well there is nothing I can do about that. Fact is that I am against prop 20, I told Joe Nichols that, but I am not going to let people rip on my school, our students want to compete, our alumni want to compete, but our administration sees it different and laid out it's arguements. I still don't agree with them but I am not going to grab the pitch forks and burn them down about it either. They have a valid point, I just do not agree with them. If that makes me the bad guy then that is up to you. We public school fans and students really don't have a vote.

"We public school fans and students really don't have a vote."

Manual is not a public school. They are a Public - Private. They are basically the same as a St.X and Trinity without a big tuition.

No it's a public school. A Jefferson County Public School, just because you don't like magnet schools it does change the fact they exist and they are good for the community, and they are public schools.

Moore is a magnet school also but they can't pick and choose. they have a defined area of kids they have to educate. Manual doesn't. They are not the same. Face the facts.
If I wanted to go to Moore I could have, there is OPEN ENROLLMENT IN JEFFERSON COUNTY!