Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bad Year for NCAA DI Coaches

Featured Replies

I like this comment from Gary Parrish's twitter.

 

GaryParrishCBS

 

I wrote in Nov. that Gonzo could pay with his job for enrolling these knuckleheads. He called and cursed me. Four months later, he's gone

  • Author
I like this comment from Gary Parrish's twitter.

 

GaryParrishCBS

 

I wrote in Nov. that Gonzo could pay with his job for enrolling these knuckleheads. He called and cursed me. Four months later, he's gone

 

Haha, I just noticed that. Awesome :thumb:

Officially add St John's to the list...

Officially add St John's to the list...

 

Is this a case where they should be better next year and they dont' want him to get credit for it, so they let him go.

 

He's got them real close to be a good team.

Is this a case where they should be better next year and they dont' want him to get credit for it, so they let him go.

 

He's got them real close to be a good team.

I'm sure that was one factor consider how JR loaded that roster is right now. I think the biggest problem, though, was the inability to land any big names from the NYC Metro area. Word is Seth Greenberg from VPI is the main target. That sould keep them irrelevant for a few more years...

  • Author

GT - I finally heard back from your boy RR a few minutes ago...

 

Hey, shoot me a DM when you get back online; I have some of that info you were looking for.

 

I think St. John's made a mistake by firing Norm Roberts.

Edited by Wireman

Interesting tidbit on the St John's job from someone I trust.

 

St. John's is going to continue to struggle. Their biggest problem was when they lost the ability to give housing money to their players. The NCAA changed the rules and they built dorms on campus. Before that they could offer the NY kids a ton of cash for housing since they didn't have any on campus. Those kids would live with their parents and collect these huge checks (the high cost of living made these checks ridiculously high) which was basically like getting paid to play ball. Ever since those went away, many NYC players have opted to leave the city to play. The incentive to play at St. John's just isn't there anymore.
Interesting tidbit on the St John's job from someone I trust.

 

I heard the same thing Thursday on Mad Dog radio on XM. I think it was Fran Fraschilla that was being interviewed. He basically said that the decision to build the athletic dorms at St. Johns was the worst decision they ever made. Said the same thing happened with DePaul.

Interesting tidbit on the St John's job from someone I trust.

 

SI.com wrote about that a couple years ago; maybe Seth Davis. I read it recently. It was a very interesting article and something I didn't know a thing about. You can see why St. John's has struggled over the last 20 years.

 

Here is the article for anyone who wants to read. Very interesting.

 

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/the_bonus/11/19/stjohns/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.