Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Free Throw by Bledsoe????

Featured Replies

Obviously it worked, but does anyone else think missing there was the wrong call? With 5 seconds left, and the way Miss St. was shooting FT's, I think I would've made it, then fouled right away. :idunno:

 

I think it depends on your team. UK is a great offensive rebounding team and Cousins is a beast...I think missing was the right move there.

 

That's also the same reason why I thought fouling UK was the wrong move for MSU. What is their biggest weakness? Three point shooting. Biggest strength? Rebounding. In that situation, I do my best to stick Bledsoe and Dodson and live with the result.

I think Stansbury made the right call. I feel bad for the guy. He really is an excellent coach. I think that the odds that UK made that play were in the single digits percent wise. Just unbelievable hustle and will to win. Thats what I love about this team. They NEVER give up. I love it. I am extremely angry though that my DVR box decided it wanted to mess up and not tape the best basketball game I've watched in years! I have all the games this year taped except this one. :madman:

I think it depends on your team. UK is a great offensive rebounding team and Cousins is a beast...I think missing was the right move there.

 

That's also the same reason why I thought fouling UK was the wrong move for MSU. What is their biggest weakness? Three point shooting. Biggest strength? Rebounding. In that situation, I do my best to stick Bledsoe and Dodson and live with the result.

 

:ylsuper: I agree with you 100% You said it better than I could!

I think you have to adapt to each situation. Knowing Kentucky's ability to grab offensive rebounds, I would've taken my chances with a 3-pointer. Nine times out of 10, though, I'd foul before a shot...

Coach Cal learned the hard way on the repercussions of not fouling. See Mario Chalmers.

 

I heard Coach Cal say yesterday that he told his players to foul Kansas at mid court, they just did not do it and Chalmers hit the 3 to tie it.

Bledsoe said he practices that, but that the coaches get on to him and tell him to stop shooting it that way.

 

I bet they're a happy set of coaches right now.

Obviously it worked, but does anyone else think missing there was the wrong call? With 5 seconds left, and the way Miss St. was shooting FT's, I think I would've made it, then fouled right away. :idunno:

 

I think it was the right one. If he makes it, and then they foul right away, then probably at least .5 comes off the clock. Then just say Miss. St. does miss and UK gets the rebound, another couple of tenths come off the clock. So you would not be leaving your self much time, and would still probably be throwing up a very contested shot. However say if Miss. St. just made both free throws, then we would have had really no shot, because they would have fouled again and made us shoot. About 5 seconds or less, I would always miss on purpose if it was up to me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.