Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott County 67 Boone 66 (OT)

Featured Replies

Trust me WVF...this rumor will be out there this time "every" year.

 

If people understood that Ms Moss has been on the Varsity court for 4yrs...she would be ineligible for the remainder of her HS career if she moves to Ohio. But, this rumor will still fly at the end of every HS season when people see her working out on the LW floor :)

 

Has OH changed eligibilty rules recently?

  • Replies 45
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where would Boone County be without Moss?

 

Moss is a great player! But I would like to know what exactly are you saying, that Boone County could not compete without Moss! That all the other players can't play. Please explain your statement.:idunno:

I've heard from reliable sources that Crittenden is transferring from Ryle to Boone. Anyone have details.

Has OH changed eligibilty rules recently?

 

4yrs of Varsity...so...nope!

Hey, that's as good a one as Moss leaving! I could even throw out another one or two possibilities.................but I won't. :D

 

 

This stuff is amazing.

 

It will die down eventually...but, back again in the Fall ;)

4yrs of Varsity...so...nope!

 

Maybe I'm confused on this. Didn't Mayo play two varsity seasons at Rose Hill, and then 3 at NCH in OH?

Maybe I'm confused on this. Didn't Mayo play two varsity seasons at Rose Hill, and then 3 at NCH in OH?

 

"I think"...Bill Walker made an attempt, but was ruled ineligible his senior season at NCH..."I think" Mayo played 2yrs at Rose Hill and 2Yrs at NCH...and possibly knew he would be, or was, ruled ineligible as well...so he chose to transfer to play his senior season at Huntington HS (WV)...but, I could be wrong ;)

OJ played his soph and jr season at NCH then made the move. I guess it makes since that he did leave NCH if those eligibility rules are accurate.

"I think"...Bill Walker made an attempt, but was ruled ineligible his senior season at NCH..."I think" Mayo played 2yrs at Rose Hill and 2Yrs at NCH...and possibly knew he would be, or was, ruled ineligible as well...so he chose to transfer to play his senior season at Huntington HS (WV)...but, I could be wrong ;)

 

Every state has a rule that says once you're "promoted" from 8th grade you have 4 years of eilibility. Walker had an issue where he repeated 8th grade and that's why he was ruled ineligible for his last year. Same thing happened to Rodney Haddix at Scott County.

 

OH does not have a rule that would forbid any player from playing more than 4 years of varsity if the kid played varsity prior to 9th grade.

Every state has a rule that says once you're "promoted" from 8th grade you have 4 years of eilibility. Walker had an issue where he repeated 8th grade and that's why he was ruled ineligible for his last year. Same thing happened to Rodney Haddix at Scott County.

 

OH does not have a rule that would forbid any player from playing more than 4 years of varsity if the kid played varsity prior to 9th grade.

 

I think the restrictions lie with age. :thumb:

OJ played his soph and jr season at NCH then made the move. I guess it makes since that he did leave NCH if those eligibility rules are accurate.

 

I'm could of sworn he didn't sit out a year. Wickapedia has him with 3 seasons at NCH.

Where would Boone County be without Moss?

 

Moss is a great player! But I would like to know what exactly are you saying, that Boone County could not compete without Moss! That all the other players can't play. Please explain your statement.:idunno:

 

What I am saying is that I do not believe that BC would be 9th region champs, much less .5 seconds away from the Sweet 16 semifinals if Moss hadn't transferred from Ryle. And I don't think its a stretch to say that. Do you think they would have beaten Ryle if Moss was still there? If you're being completely honest with yourself then the answer is probably not. I didn't say anything about any of the other players, but when a front runner for 2013 Miss Basketball transfers in, it changes the face of your program.

What I am saying is that I do not believe that BC would be 9th region champs, much less .5 seconds away from the Sweet 16 semifinals if Moss hadn't transferred from Ryle. And I don't think its a stretch to say that. Do you think they would have beaten Ryle if Moss was still there? If you're being completely honest with yourself then the answer is probably not. I didn't say anything about any of the other players, but when a front runner for 2013 Miss Basketball transfers in, it changes the face of your program.

 

I like Boone and Moss and I completely agree.:thumb:

What I am saying is that I do not believe that BC would be 9th region champs, much less .5 seconds away from the Sweet 16 semifinals if Moss hadn't transferred from Ryle. And I don't think its a stretch to say that. Do you think they would have beaten Ryle if Moss was still there? If you're being completely honest with yourself then the answer is probably not. I didn't say anything about any of the other players, but when a front runner for 2013 Miss Basketball transfers in, it changes the face of your program.

 

And, thus the controversy will continue. . . But I think you mean 2012?

And, thus the controversy will continue. . . But I think you mean 2012?

 

Yes, it is 2012.

 

Per Jody Demling of the Louisville C-J in his "Nuggets" on March 16th:

 

"A few things heard, seen or talked about at the Girls' Sweet 16:

 

The frontrunner for Miss Basketball the following year (he had already talked about Sarah Hammond of Rockcastle County being the front runner for next year - 2011, so was speaking of 2012) - of course Sydney Moss. I was really impressed with Moss and her entire game and attitude. She's really come a long way since arriving at Boone County and has a chance to be one of the top players nationally in her age group before her career is over."

 

Controversy continue? Only if those who wish to have it continue "make it so"!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.