George Rogers Clark 44 Scott 38

From what I have seen Kellen Smith is the best player in the region. I only seen the game yesterday, but without question he was the best player on that floor yesterday. Also, I agree Brad Carr is the best coach in the region and boy his mom is a character. I can see where he got his fight from.

Snappy, I really hope that you are a very ambitious 18 year old, passionate about the Mason County Royals, with an inflated ego, hiding behind a pseudonym. Tread lightly my friend. Coach O'Hearn and the Mason County administration know who you are. You gave yourself away by having the 10th Region brackets posted on this site, just moments after the pills came out of the bottle, remember????

Kellen Smith is a terriffic point guard. He plays under control, makes good decisions, can score and distributes the ball well. He is certainly the heart and soul of the Scott Eagles. But to anoint him the best player in the 10th Region after having seen him play just one time only destroys your creditability. To publicly show the disrespect that you have to Coach O'Hearn is unforgivable, especially citing some perceived biases, and to now declare that Brad Carr is the best coach in a region that has a number of fine coaches would probably even make Coach Carr blush.

I'm sure there are some homes available in Taylor Mill and that Coach Carr would love to have you as one of his fans - at least for a week or two into the next season when he didn't play who you thought should be playing and suddenly became one of his top detractors, which would certainly happen.

Get out of Maysville, go see a few other teams play, watch what all of the players in the region bring to the table for their teams and then learn to use the terms "one of the best" and/or "among the best." There are many fine players and coaches in the 10th Region. Make informed, astute observations by following a full season of 10th Region basketball and then check back and comment again next year at this time.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Snappy, I really hope that you are a very ambitious 18 year old, passionate about the Mason County Royals, with an inflated ego, hiding behind a pseudonym. Tread lightly my friend. Coach O'Hearn and the Mason County administration know who you are. You gave yourself away by having the 10th Region brackets posted on this site, just moments after the pills came out of the bottle, remember????

Kellen Smith is a terriffic point guard. He plays under control, makes good decisions, can score and distributes the ball well. He is certainly the heart and soul of the Scott Eagles. But to anoint him the best player in the 10th Region after having seen him play just one time only destroys your creditability. To publicly show the disrespect that you have to Coach O'Hearn is unforgivable, especially citing some perceived biases, and to now declare that Brad Carr is the best coach in a region that has a number of fine coaches would probably even make Coach Carr blush.

I'm sure there are some homes available in Taylor Mill and that Coach Carr would love to have you as one of his fans - at least for a week or two into the next season when he didn't play who you thought should be playing and suddenly became one of his top detractors, which would certainly happen.

Get out of Maysville, go see a few other teams play, watch what all of the players in the region bring to the table for their teams and then learn to use the terms "one of the best" and/or "among the best." There are many fine players and coaches in the 10th Region. Make informed, astute observations by following a full season of 10th Region basketball and then check back and comment again next year at this time.

Have to agree with Mustang. No way you can annoint one player or coach the best player in the 10th region. The coaching fraternity in the 10th region may be the best around. Just thinking off the top you have some excellent coaches in Scott Code, Mike Code, Scott Humphrey, Brad Carr and Chris O'Hearn. Not to mention some lesser tier schools who are also very well coached. Enough said!

I said from what I seen yesterday, and admitted I had only seen one game. You don't think he was the best player on the court yesterday? I realize that he was probably really up for the game yesterday and played one of his better games. I just remember all the talk on this board about how he was overranked in the Catspause but again from what I seen yesterday he was not overranked at all.

And ever since Scott came into the region I have always been impressed with his teams. He always has his team in it even though they never have the most talent. I remember when GRC needed a last second shot to beat them in 07, and then GRC went on to win the region. He always gets the best out of his players in my opinion, and does it just as good or better than any other coach in the region. Clark Co. also has a fine coach in Humphrey as I have also been impressed with him. Saying Brad Carr is the best coach in the region isn't a dumb statement at all as a very good argument could be made for his case.

Sorry, that I am posting again I just read all of what you said, but I do not even live in Maysville. Yes, I graduated from Mason County High School but check your facts again. Danny Weddle had live updates on his Twitter about the draws so that is why I had them up so quickly.

I'm a 9th Region grad and a 10th Region Dad so I try to watch as many games in both as possible. There is not a PG in either region I would take over Kellen Smith. The spin move he made in the paint that Zollo blocked was absolutely sick. BTW, it was a great play by Zollo to get the block as well.

Without question he is one of the best players in the Region. There was a lot of talent on that floor Saturday and Smith stood out above them all.