Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should Selection Committee Be Made Up Of Active ADs and Conference Commissioners

Featured Replies

Vegas odds makers getting involved in the NCAA tournament would just scream "Rigged!" to anyone paying attention.

With the success of this tourney and the ratings that come along with it I'm wondering why we think something needs to be done. It seems to be rolling along pretty well with the people making the selections.

There will be some biases no matter how you do it as long as the human element is involved. I'd prefer those biases weren't related to financial windfalls for the schools and conferences the current members actively represent...

 

I'm assuming most conferences share the revenue collected by teams in the tourney, correct?

No way. Not something the NCAA wants to get involved with.

 

I know it won't happen, but would they be the best committee?

With the success of this tourney and the ratings that come along with it I'm wondering why we think something needs to be done. It seems to be rolling along pretty well with the people making the selections.

 

I'd agree to a point. The committee hasn't left out a team that would have won the tourney IMO, but the last few teams in and out are pretty interchangeable. Why not get the best?

  • Author
I'm assuming most conferences share the revenue collected by teams in the tourney, correct?

 

Correct...

Big topic of debate by Bobby Knight and the Gameday crew today. I agree with Knight on this one, as I think it flaws the system to have the people creating the field by nature having clear financial biases in the room. I also like the idea of retired coaches and the like with a vested interest in the game their entire lives doing the job. What say you???

 

I agree.

Big topic of debate by Bobby Knight and the Gameday crew today. I agree with Knight on this one, as I think it flaws the system to have the people creating the field by nature having clear financial biases in the room. I also like the idea of retired coaches and the like with a vested interest in the game their entire lives doing the job. What say you???

 

So are you saying that Bob Knight is part of the Gameday crew? :D

  • Author
So are you saying that Bob Knight is part of the Gameday crew? :D

Bob Knight AND the Gameday crew. He was a guest analyst last week... :p

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.