Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hypothetical Sweet 16

Featured Replies

So... I'm at work and it's somewhat slow and I'm bored.

Let's say instead of a regional tournament and draw there is a selection committee that chooses 16 teams throughout the state and seeds them. Who ya got and where do you put them?

1 Trinity

16 McCreary Central

8 Clark Co

9 Manual

 

5 Eastern

12 Shelby Valley

13 Jtown

4 Holmes

 

3 Scott Co

14 Corbin

6 Warren Central

9 Christian Co

 

10 Seneca

7 Lex Cath

2 Ballard

15 Tates Creek

1. Trinity

2. Ballard

3. Holmes

4. Lexcath

5. Scott Co

6. Eastern

7. Warren Central

8. Christian Co

9. Clark Co

10. Manual

11. Jeffersontown

12. Shelby Valley

13. Seneca

14. Bowling Green

15. Boone Co

16. Corbin

 

1 Trinity

16 Corbin

8 Christian Co

9 Clark Co

 

5 Scott Co

12 Shelby Valley

13 Seneca

4 Lexcath

 

3 Holmes

14 Bowling Green

6 Eastern

11 J'town

 

10 Manual

7 Warren Central

15 Boone Co

2 Ballard

1. Trinity

2. Ballard

3. Holmes

4. Lexcath

5. Scott Co

6. Eastern

7. Warren Central

8. Christian Co

9. Clark Co

10. Manual

11. Jeffersontown

12. Shelby Valley

13. Seneca

14. Bowling Green

15. Boone Co

16. Corbin

 

1 Trinity

16 Corbin

8 Christian Co

9 Clark Co

 

5 Scott Co

12 Shelby Valley

13 Seneca

4 Lexcath

 

3 Holmes

14 Bowling Green

6 Eastern

11 J'town

 

10 Manual

7 Warren Central

15 Boone Co

2 Ballard

 

This looks pretty good.

  • Author

You both have 6 teams from the 7th region! I'm not disagreeing, it just goes to show the 7th region tournament should be an unbelievable show this year.

When the NCAA brackets their 64(65) team tournament, no conference can have more than 2 teams in each bracket of 16, so that those teams cannot meet until the regional final. Let's say that for this Kentucky Sweet 16, that no more than two teams from a region can be in the tournament so that they cannot meet until the State Final. What two teams from the 7th region would be in and how would that bracket look? I know it is comparing apples to oranges, but I am just curious to see what you come up with.

  • Author

Does anyone know how many of the six 7th region teams listed above participated in the LIT this year?

1. Trinity

2. Ballard

3. Holmes

4. Lexcath

5. Scott Co

6. Eastern

7. Warren Central

8. Christian Co

9. Clark Co

10. Manual

11. Jeffersontown

12. Shelby Valley

13. Seneca

14. Bowling Green

15. Boone Co

16. Corbin

 

1 Trinity

16 Corbin

8 Christian Co

9 Clark Co

 

5 Scott Co

12 Shelby Valley

13 Seneca

4 Lexcath

 

3 Holmes

14 Bowling Green

6 Eastern

11 J'town

 

10 Manual

7 Warren Central

15 Boone Co

2 Ballard

 

Can't believe you left out McCreary Central when they beat Corbin. I also think Christian County and Shelby Valley are seated to low. JMO

When the NCAA brackets their 64(65) team tournament, no conference can have more than 2 teams in each bracket of 16, so that those teams cannot meet until the regional final. Let's say that for this Kentucky Sweet 16, that no more than two teams from a region can be in the tournament so that they cannot meet until the State Final. What two teams from the 7th region would be in and how would that bracket look? I know it is comparing apples to oranges, but I am just curious to see what you come up with.

 

I thought this one would be fun to go by. I stayed true to NCAA form and have a play-in game even. Some of the match-ups couldn't accurately reflect exactly where I thought the teams were considering that teams had to be in opposite brackets. Anyway, I tried to make this one in consideration of having as much separation as would be reasonably possible in making the first round match-ups; i.e. a match-up between Christian Co. (2) and Shelby Co. (8) was more attractive than a match-up between Christian Co. and Warren Central (4).

 

Anyway, here goes::banana::banana::banana:

 

1. Trinity (7)

16. Play-In: Corbin v. Knott Co. Central (13 v. 14)

 

8. Clark County (10)

9. Warren Central (4)

 

4. Holmes (9)

13. Iroquois (6)

 

5. Scott Co. (11)

12. South Oldham (8)

 

-------------------------------------

 

3. Lexington Catholic (11)

14. Boone County (9)

 

6. Christian County (2)

11. Shelby County (8)

 

7. Shelby Valley (15)

10. McCreary Central (12)

 

2. Ballard (7)

15. Bowling Green (4)

Can't believe you left out McCreary Central when they beat Corbin. I also think Christian County and Shelby Valley are seated to low. JMO

 

I honestly forgot all about McCreary Central.

 

In that case, I'd move them to #13, and drop Seneca, Bowling Green, and Boone all down one spot. That drops Corbin out.

 

As far as Christian Co, it's tough to put them ahead of Warren Central when they just lost to WC by 8 a week ago.

 

Shelby Valley has played two legit KY teams all year...PCC and Christian Co. Both losses. They'll have a chance to prove themselves tonight against J'town but as of right now, I don't see SV as a top 10 team. Who in my top 10 would they beat??

With SV loosing to PCC and GRC's big win over Ballard last night, can see these picks now changing some.

Wow I am glad this isn't true. Beings that most didn't even speak of McCreary and they have wins against some you guys put in. Bias opinions is what appears here.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.