Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lynn Camp 2010

Featured Replies

What does Lynn Camp need to do to improve in 2010? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Lynn Camp needs to keep doing what they have been doing for years and that is get every single kid they can out for football and work their butts off. Mitchell and staff has always done a terrific job with their team at Lynn Camp. I don't know what they have returning next year, but I bet the kids will play hard and knock your head off.

Lynn Camp needs to keep doing what they have been doing for years and that is get every single kid they can out for football and work their butts off. Mitchell and staff has always done a terrific job with their team at Lynn Camp. I don't know what they have returning next year, but I bet the kids will play hard and knock your head off.

 

I kind of disagree. Not had a winning season in the last 4 years. Lost 1st round of playoffs 3 years and didnt make playoffs 1 year. The few times I've seen LC the last few years they havent been as physical as years ago. I do know in 1A football the talent pool varies a great deal from year to year. IMO he needs to tone done his schedule because in the long run it has taken a toll the last 4 years.

Lynn Camp has had many key players get hurt the past few years. If they can stay healthy Coach Mitchell will have them back in the 1A picture.

Lynn Camp has had many key players get hurt the past few years. If they can stay healthy Coach Mitchell will have them back in the 1A picture.

 

That has been a huge problem for Lynn Camp recently. It seems like over the last few seasons every Friday night on BGP deals with somebody for Lynn Camp getting hurt. They've almost seemed snake-bitten. But if they ever get healthy, they are in a district that is capable of being won on an annual basis.

I think Coach Mitchell has done a great job, but as the injuries have mounted over the years, I think you have to look at new ways of conditioning and preparing in the off season. You have to make yourself stronger and guarding against injury. I know that some injuries cannot be avoided, but you can avoid some by better lifting and not over-working the kids which can be a problem at a small school like Lynn Camp.

 

Also the game has changed and sometimes you have to "tweek" what you do, and although Mitchell has had great success over the years sometims he just not have the talant to line up and try and run over people with physical play. I think if Coach Mitchell would adjust his offense to his talant he could have more success this coming season.

I think Coach Mitchell has done a great job, but as the injuries have mounted over the years, I think you have to look at new ways of conditioning and preparing in the off season. You have to make yourself stronger and guarding against injury. I know that some injuries cannot be avoided, but you can avoid some by better lifting and not over-working the kids which can be a problem at a small school like Lynn Camp.

 

Also the game has changed and sometimes you have to "tweek" what you do, and although Mitchell has had great success over the years sometims he just not have the talant to line up and try and run over people with physical play. I think if Coach Mitchell would adjust his offense to his talant he could have more success this coming season.

 

How can you over work your team? I think injuries have been a big problem over the past years to some great running backs, but I don't think it was because of overworking them.

David Mitchell does a great job. Lynn Camp will be much improved this year.

I kind of disagree. Not had a winning season in the last 4 years. Lost 1st round of playoffs 3 years and didnt make playoffs 1 year. The few times I've seen LC the last few years they havent been as physical as years ago. I do know in 1A football the talent pool varies a great deal from year to year. IMO he needs to tone done his schedule because in the long run it has taken a toll the last 4 years.

I agree with you here, its one thing to take on any and all teams no matter the class makes you seem tough but when you have low numbers the players take a beat down and injuries pile up. Then the district games roll around and some of your better players can't play due to injury. I would think LC will have a similar season in 2010 to their last 3 or 4. Nothing to write home about.

David Mitchell does a great job. Lynn Camp will be much improved this year.

 

I agree. He's one of the more under-rated coaches in the state IMO. Old school coach who believes in doing things the right way, and always seems to maximize his kids potential to the fullest.

How can you over work your team? I think injuries have been a big problem over the past years to some great running backs, but I don't think it was because of overworking them.

 

Too many carries, you get worn down, without proper condtioning both off season and in season, even then you can over condition kids, and overwork them when there is not enough warm bodies to fill all the gaps and kids may have deadlegs....bang and big injury.

Is it true that Lynn Camp will be gaining several of Corbin's starters for next year due to the Knox Co. Board of Education not signing the agreement for students who live in Knox Co. School District? Several people tell me that Dave Mithchell may be setting on a gold mine and may be considered one of the favorites in Class A football state champions.

Is it true that Lynn Camp will be gaining several of Corbin's starters for next year due to the Knox Co. Board of Education not signing the agreement for students who live in Knox Co. School District? Several people tell me that Dave Mithchell may be setting on a gold mine and may be considered one of the favorites in Class A football state champions.

 

Wow a favorite in Class A football!!!!!!! Seriously?

Is it true that Lynn Camp will be gaining several of Corbin's starters for next year due to the Knox Co. Board of Education not signing the agreement for students who live in Knox Co. School District? Several people tell me that Dave Mithchell may be setting on a gold mine and may be considered one of the favorites in Class A football state champions.

 

If LC gained one Corbin starter it would suprise me:scared: I don't see this happening at all. Setting on a gold mine thats funny!

If LC gained one Corbin starter it would suprise me:scared: I don't see this happening at all. Setting on a gold mine thats funny!

 

I would have to agree.......Many kids in the past could have played and stared at LC, stayed at Corbin and stood on the sidelines. Statements like the one above make one wonder about the motovation of the Knox BOE in ending the agreement with Corbin.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.