Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best dunk in HS game?

Featured Replies

I have had a few favorites that I saw in person.

 

1. Mike White with a 2 hand put back dunk in a North Laurel vs South Laurel game several years ago. It was sick.

2. Mason Plumlee in the Laurel County Hoopfest last year had a few tremendous dunks.

 

3. Randy Moss in HS in West Virginia. He had a 1 hander off a lob from Jason Williams in a HS game (at GW I think, but not sure) that was just disgusting.

 

I remember that one. Flat nasty, especially from floor level. :eek:

  • Replies 32
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

 

From 3:35 on a few pretty awesome dunks. I believe the one hander at Rupp is around 3:50

Worm had a lot of awesome dunks on that film. Matt wasn't spectacular but he'd get them down. The little guy (Troy) was always fun to watch as well, but Dewalt was the showstopper. My personal faves on that film are the last two, one against Russellville at WKU (where he dunks all over the guy defending him, about 1:44 of the film), one against Bowling Green off the backboard (1:03 of the film), and two straight starting at 2:11 of the film where he has a reverse dunk that doesn't count against Russellville and then a dunk against Clinton County where he goes straight through 4 defenders.

 

I will never, ever forget the way I felt when he slammed that last dunk home against Mason County. It's been 6 years, and as I sit here in my office, I have goosebumps on my arm thinking about it. Best dunk I've laid eyes on in person and that's at any level (of course, I don't watch many games in person at other levels).

I remember that one. Flat nasty, especially from floor level. :eek:

 

I think I have a copy of their highlight video from that season and will try to find it and post it. I remember that Coach Daniel Brown was the head coach and he had a delayed reaction to the dunk where you can tell it took a couple of seconds for what just happened to sink in. I also remember the NL student section going absolutely bonkers. I think it either tied the game of gave NL the lead.

Ravon Lee from Ballard literally jumping over 6-7 center from South Laurel in the LIT was the nastiest dunk I've witnessed from a high school player. I know some of you remember it.

Ravon Lee from Ballard literally jumping over 6-7 center from South Laurel in the LIT was the nastiest dunk I've witnessed from a high school player. I know some of you remember it.

 

I didn't see it, but I remember hearing about it. I heard it left some jaws on the floor!

Ravon Lee from Ballard literally jumping over 6-7 center from South Laurel in the LIT was the nastiest dunk I've witnessed from a high school player. I know some of you remember it.

 

I didn't see it, but I remember hearing about it. I heard it left some jaws on the floor!

 

Mine included. However, the dunk was not over 6'7 Eric Fields, but in fact was on 6'4 Jordan Hammonds. But if Fields had been in that spot, Lee would have done the same thing to him. Lee had some incredible hops.

Jason Osbourne from Lou. Male against Shelby County 1993 Sweet Sixteen was pretty sweet. Windmill dunk in the final seconds, from just inside the free throw line.

This has to be right at the top :

 

 

This dunk was pretty good but there are more out there that beat this one.

 

From 3:35 on a few pretty awesome dunks. I believe the one hander at Rupp is around 3:50

 

He can sure throw it down. I did not see in person but it was spectactlar.

I can remember a two handed reverse dunk from outside the lane back in the late 80's at the sweet sixteen. I think his name was Russ Chadwell from Clay County. He could flat out jump. He played with Richie Farmer.

Jayln Daniels from Clark Co has put down some pretty nasty dunks this season.:ylsuper:

I can remember a two handed reverse dunk from outside the lane back in the late 80's at the sweet sixteen. I think his name was Russ Chadwell from Clay County. He could flat out jump. He played with Richie Farmer.

 

Chadwell had some major hops!

Ravon Lee from Ballard literally jumping over 6-7 center from South Laurel in the LIT was the nastiest dunk I've witnessed from a high school player. I know some of you remember it.

 

He jumped over Ty Proffit, not their center (Walt Allen). The impressive part was how far away he was and yes he literally jumped over the kid. Ty got the "tea bag" chant the rest of the game.

 

Lee also had a nice reverse dunk over Andres Pegues of Western that year. Not to mention countless others.

He jumped over Ty Proffit, not their center (Walt Allen). The impressive part was how far away he was and yes he literally jumped over the kid. Ty got the "tea bag" chant the rest of the game.

 

Lee also had a nice reverse dunk over Andres Pegues of Western that year. Not to mention countless others.

 

I'm about 100 percent sure it was Hammonds, as I noted above.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.