Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Game Situation Question

Featured Replies

Your team is up 25, there is about 5 minutes left in the fourth quarter and you have cleared your bench. The opposing coach is slowly putting his starters back in and is full court pressing your bench players, the lead is now cut to 20. Do you...Ride it out, or sub your starters back in until he clears his bench?

Put your starters back in. With the three point line a 20 point lead is nothing with that much time left.

I would put my starters back in. JMO. 1 question, where they pressing before?

Great experience for the subs but if the press is successful then punish them with your starters. I agree, 20 points is easy to erase in a short time frame if your not careful.

Depends on the importance of winning the game. Seeding game? I probably put my starters back in.

 

Non-seeding game I'm letting my subs scramble .

Your team is up 25, there is about 5 minutes left in the fourth quarter and you have cleared your bench. The opposing coach is slowly putting his starters back in and is full court pressing your bench players, the lead is now cut to 20. Do you...Ride it out, or sub your starters back in until he clears his bench?

 

Put the starters back in and punish him!:ylsuper:

Depends on the importance of winning the game. Seeding game? I probably put my starters back in.

 

Non-seeding game I'm letting my subs scramble .

 

I agree. It's important to devlop depth in games like that and this is a perfect way to get your young guys experience and see how they respond to adversity.

I agree. It's important to devlop depth in games like that and this is a perfect way to get your young guys experience and see how they respond to adversity.

 

So how close do you let it get?

So how close do you let it get?

 

That answer is determined by score and time.

That answer is determined by score and time.

 

I'll play. :idunno:So it was 25, it is 20 with under 5 minutes to go. The young guys are under fire. With the 3 point line in play. Let's say it's down to 12 with a little over 2 to play. Now what do you do?

I'll play. :idunno:So it was 25, it is 20 with under 5 minutes to go. The young guys are under fire. With the 3 point line in play. Let's say it's down to 12 with a little over 2 to play. Now what do you do?

 

Nothing.

Nothing.

 

You will lose a lot of games. Coach much?

You will lose a lot of games. Coach much?

 

12 point lead with 2 minutes in a meaningless game and I'm supposed to panic? Is my job on the line? If so, then I sub . If not, I wait a bit to see how they respond. Unless my subs are the waterboys who I let have a uniform I've got kids in that I'm going to need sometime in the future. I guess I subscribe to the "battle vs war" theory.

Nothing.

 

Be sure to expect nothing in return. JMO.

12 point lead with 2 minutes in a meaningless game and I'm supposed to panic? Is my job on the line? If so, then I sub . If not, I wait a bit to see how they respond. Unless my subs are the waterboys who I let have a uniform I've got kids in that I'm going to need sometime in the future. I guess I subscribe to the "battle vs war" theory.

 

If I'm coaching it's never meaningless. Never.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.